dog friendly hotel/B&B/cottage in northumberland???

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
thepooles

dog friendly hotel/B&B/cottage in northumberland???

Post by thepooles » 12 Nov 2010, 23:03

thinking of heading to the northeast coast early spring next year, has anyone stayed anywhere in the area they'd recommend?

cheers :)

CAROL SHAW

Re: dog friendly hotel/B&B/cottage in northumberland???

Post by CAROL SHAW » 12 Nov 2010, 23:23

I have a friend with a dog friendly holiday cottage in County Durham easy access for wear valley,Beamish Museum, Durham City, about 15 miles to the coast.
Shw owns a labradoodle so knows what to expect if you are interested pm me for her telephone number.
People useing this site have stayed there

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 12 Nov 2010, 23:24

do you want somewhere near the coast or nearer to the mountains.
There are many options, let me now if you have a particular part of Northumberland and I'll find the ones that we recomend to people when they come up for dog activity courses and holidays
Lewie
Benson

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 12 Nov 2010, 23:34

thanks for the replies - we'd like to stay by the beach, beth is a bit particular to chasing country animals :roll: so sheep-filled hills are beautiful but a touch stressful!!! crisp sea breezes, pretty villages, long walks, great country pubs with hearty grub and perhaps a nice fire if its cold outside - thats the sort of break we're after! would rather not do selfcatering though

thanks for any pointers. i dont know this part of the country at all, hence the reason for visiting, so am happy to go with recommendations

thanks!

Bertie's Bean

Post by Bertie's Bean » 12 Nov 2010, 23:35

Hi
Hope this helps: I guess it depends what you are after really:

http://www.mizenheadhotel.co.uk/

The Mizen in Bamburgh has a great bar that lets dogs into where you eat as well! They are not confined to the bedrooms.
The food is good and they have live music in peak season.

http://www.doxfordhall.com/

If its posh, you want, then the Doxford (Alnwick) is a recent discovery - web seaching, that is pet friendly. I don't know how friendly! Or how easy going they are, but a friend of ours is getting married there next year so I had a look at their website.

If it's cottages you want - sorry, not sure!

Lisa

Monty

Post by Monty » 12 Nov 2010, 23:52

Once you have found a date, do let us know and we can rally the NE troops and have a Doodle meet. We have some great beaches up here for walks as well as country walks and the Doods just love it.