Addisons Disease

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Flossiebag

Re: Addisons Disease

Post by Flossiebag » 07 Jan 2011, 21:13

jodieandbuddy wrote:
Sorry to hear you have that but I bet like me you thank God for Florinef. I always forget any tablets etc I have for myself. Do you want me to remind you to take your's too? xx
:lol: yes please that would be really useful!!! :lol:
PMSL :D :D :lol:
jodieandbuddy wrote:
lots of love for all the dogs in your special AD club!

Hear hear! And for all their Mums & Dads who take such brilliant care of their special dogs!
jodieandbuddy wrote: lots of love for all the dogs in your special AD club! :P

Hear hear! And for all their Mums & Dads who take such brilliant care of their special dogs!

Thank you both xx

Please all feel free to come and join my Addisons facebook page - its full of info and links for AD and other autoimmune illness (and good for any humans who take Florinef too LOL)
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Amarante

Post by Amarante » 07 Jan 2011, 22:00

Jodie, how are you fixed for a 9 am reminder? :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes. Our Daisy will take all the love you throw at her :D

xx
Dancin' DebsImage

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 07 Jan 2011, 22:21

yeah of course I'll join your facebook page :D I can send it to my friends that are also human florinef takers!! :D and i'll see if Buddy wants to join it too...hes a big facebook fan :lol:

and 9am sounds great! :lol: :lol: ...actually after this conversation I probably wont ever forget the florinef again!!! LOL! :D oh how UKLA forum can be useful in so many different ways!!!! :lol:
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

Debbie&Molly

Post by Debbie&Molly » 07 Jan 2011, 22:30

Just to let you know, Molly is home now! She is very skinny and has lots of bald patches where she had drips attatched! She's had some sausage, been in the garden for a wee and had a very short play! Other than that she is sleeping! It's fantastic to have her home, especially as I was told she probably wouldn't be alive on Wednesday! Thanks for all of your kind messages x

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 07 Jan 2011, 22:34

awww it sounds like shes really been 'through the wars'!! :( but i bet shes glad to be home in familiar surroundings! :) She deserves lots of sausages all weekend!! :P give her hugs and kisses from me and Buddy xxxx
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

Amarante

Post by Amarante » 07 Jan 2011, 22:46

So glad she's home :D Hugs to you both. Hope she starts eating properly soon then she will pick up. xx
Dancin' DebsImage

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 08 Jan 2011, 01:55

Just catching up on posts. So sorry to hear what you and Molly have just been through :( but glad she's now home with you. :) I'm sure you will get lots of support on here from those with first hand experience and wish Molly a speedy return to her old self.

Thinking of you both
Sharron and Archie

keegan family

Post by keegan family » 08 Jan 2011, 11:54

What an ordeal for you and Molly, Like Claire said earlier though , what a brilliant Forum for Help and support, truly fascinating reading all the responses, good luck to you and Molly xxxxxx

Ben

Post by Ben » 08 Jan 2011, 15:44

I hope everything goes well for your girl.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but have your spoken to the breeder? It might be worth speaking to her so she can be aware, hopefully speak to the other owners and not breed again??

Debbie&Molly

Post by Debbie&Molly » 10 Jan 2011, 18:24

Hi Ben! I am going to mention it to the breeder, I know she comes on this site so she may have seen my post already!

Amarante

Post by Amarante » 10 Jan 2011, 18:57

How is Molly Debbie? xx
Dancin' DebsImage

Debbie&Molly

Post by Debbie&Molly » 11 Jan 2011, 17:05

Hi Amarante! She's doing really well! Went back to vets yesterday and they were pleased with her! She's not back to her old self yet, but then she's been through a tough time! She tires very easily at the moment! Seems hungry all the time, but then she didnt eat for 5 days, so has a lot of catching up to do! How has Daisy been?

Amarante

Post by Amarante » 11 Jan 2011, 17:20

Debbie&Molly wrote:Hi Amarante! She's doing really well! Went back to vets yesterday and they were pleased with her! She's not back to her old self yet, but then she's been through a tough time! She tires very easily at the moment! Seems hungry all the time, but then she didnt eat for 5 days, so has a lot of catching up to do! How has Daisy been?
Amarante seems so formal, most people know me as Dancin' Debs or Debs :lol:

Great news she's eating well. My vet told me it's the thing to look for, so believe me you do, like a hawk. She is still more hungry than normal but that is the medication. We know and pretend we can't hear her stealing the cats bowls. My vet also said to make sure she drinks, which to be fair she does but I always make her food wetter than the other's too just to make sure.

The other thing we noticed after it was diagnosed was that she is more insecure and wary of things when out. She always barks when we meet other dogs or people which she didn't before. As I said before, it's almost like she has some puppy ways again. I love her to bits though! :) Keep us updated how Molly gets on. xx
Dancin' DebsImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Jan 2011, 18:19

So glad she's doing well. Do please keep us updated - it's good to hear how our special doodles are doing!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Debbie&Molly

Post by Debbie&Molly » 12 Jan 2011, 20:58

Debs, I'm also deb! Molly sounds a lot like daisy! She is a lot more nervy out on her walks! Doesn't seem to like the rain anymore! But then i keep saying it's early days as it was only this time last week that she was diagnosed! I was wondering what and how many tablets daisy is on? Molly is on 2 1/2 (0.1mg) florinef twice a day and 1 prednicare twice a day! And have you heard of an injection alternative?