Addisons Disease

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Amarante

Re: Addisons Disease

Post by Amarante » 13 Jan 2011, 12:29

Debbie&Molly wrote:Debs, I'm also deb! Molly sounds a lot like daisy! She is a lot more nervy out on her walks! Doesn't seem to like the rain anymore! But then i keep saying it's early days as it was only this time last week that she was diagnosed! I was wondering what and how many tablets daisy is on? Molly is on 2 1/2 (0.1mg) florinef twice a day and 1 prednicare twice a day! And have you heard of an injection alternative?
Hi Deb, Deb here :lol:

Daisy started on 2 1/2 (0.1mg) Florinef once a day. And she had Prednisolone tablets but I don't remember the dose. Gradually she came off the Preds but it was VERY gradual. The Preds she only has now when she has a blip or has been stressed or ill just as a precaution. A few months ago she had a few little funny turns in the morning before her breakfast and tablets. I suggested to the vet we up'd the dose as she had gained her pre illness weight and she's been just great on 3 tablets a day. in the morning. I haven't heard of an injection. Don't fancy doing that unless I had to. Glad Molly's doing well. xx
Dancin' DebsImage

Flossiebag

Re: Addisons Disease

Post by Flossiebag » 13 Jan 2011, 14:24

Debbie&Molly wrote:Debs, I'm also deb! Molly sounds a lot like daisy! She is a lot more nervy out on her walks! Doesn't seem to like the rain anymore! But then i keep saying it's early days as it was only this time last week that she was diagnosed! I was wondering what and how many tablets daisy is on? Molly is on 2 1/2 (0.1mg) florinef twice a day and 1 prednicare twice a day! And have you heard of an injection alternative?
Like Deb said you'll notice a lot more about Molly's little "quirks" of behaviour. It is really like having and OCD/ADHD type illness with them.. Its not just the physical, its the emotional and psychological changes which occur through the change of hormones and the ability to deal with stress. Even the most socially conditioned dogs tend to have their "habits"
I've been lead to believe that lots of vets dont do the DOCP (percorten-V injection), prefering to use oral meds - but its big in the United States, and as lots of info comes from USA based websites it seems like lots of AD dogs are treated this way.

Glad your girl is starting her road to levelling out xx
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com