The dog and the cat, thought I'd never see the day...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Liz!

The dog and the cat, thought I'd never see the day...

Post by Liz! » 01 Feb 2011, 19:46

... that the cat would look so relaxed! She was TERRIFIED of dogs. We have given her her own space upstairs and very, very, very gradually she has started to become less tense. A week ago she walked into the kitchen, round the safety gate, and put her nose on the dog's...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Bess Exeter

Re: The dog and the cat, thought I'd never see the day...

Post by Bess Exeter » 01 Feb 2011, 21:34

:D We had the same......hubby said Monty our then 11 year old cat would leave home if we had a dog because he was even terrified of a childs toy dogs :shock: Gradually Bess & Monty touched noses and now 18 months later they would lay in front of the fire together and Bess will wash Monty's face & ears. Although sometimes Bess gets a little too playful and receive a swipe of the paw, no claws though :lol: :lol:

Becky_ck

Post by Becky_ck » 01 Feb 2011, 21:53

Its lovely to see them starting to trust each other :D Lola looks very calm with her.

Daisy our cat wears the trousers in the dog-cat relationship in our house. Although Molly insists (while I am shouting NO!) in putting Daisys whole head into her mouth :shock: Daisy likes it and goes back for more :roll:

I have more trouble with the rabbit-she usually runs loose in our garden during the day but Molly will chase her and of course she runs, which Molly thinks is great. She is having to be kept in her run at the moment which is sad for her when she has been used to so much freedom.
Becky
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image
Image Image

Leah

Post by Leah » 02 Feb 2011, 15:14

Really nice to see them getting on - remember you being upset that the cat was keeping away.

Maybe one day soon you'll get a photo of them curled up together!!

Leah

Daisy(mini)Doodle

Post by Daisy(mini)Doodle » 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Two videos of our 6mth old F3 Labradoodle 'ZIVA' with Reg the cat

Click the picture for the video link

Chris & Pauline Daisy & Ziva
ImageImage

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 02 Feb 2011, 19:38

Aww, daisy is lovely! Hope that happens here soon!

Thanks peeps, I was so worried about the cat, after all she was our baby first!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx