LABRADOODLE SHOW 2011

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
john ford

Re: LABRADOODLE SHOW 2011

Post by john ford » 15 Feb 2011, 18:53

i live in dudley westmids i have never been to big show just small ones my boy came 2nd in best puppy at the warley woods show well pleased we will try to come cant wait

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 15 Feb 2011, 18:57

John have you a pic of your boy? :)

john ford

Post by john ford » 15 Feb 2011, 19:05

i dont now how to put pic on iv got a great one of him and hes rosett when he won he was 13weeks he is 9 months now he as a pic on the telford meet on here hes the big black one in the pond i didnt now he could swim it was our first doodle meet we really enjoyed it how far from dudley to this show

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 15 Feb 2011, 19:07

YAY :D Its close to us :D If its all accesible I'll definately bring Buddy :D how exciting :D
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

stout

Post by stout » 15 Feb 2011, 20:08

We are hoping to be there, my dad lives nearby, so we know is do-able for stout, anyway its two weeks before his 1st birthday so it will be nice for him to meet up with some other doodles!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 15 Feb 2011, 23:26

We are so going with or without Hubby :wink:

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 15 Feb 2011, 23:30

:lol: Shall we all wear nametags so you know which Doods to avoid? :lol:

(meaning Bruno, of course!!!! :oops: , but then will I really need a tag to identify me as "the one being dragged behind the hooligan"?)
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 16 Feb 2011, 00:02

blueboysgirl wrote::lol: Shall we all wear nametags so you know which Doods to avoid? :lol:

(meaning Bruno, of course!!!! :oops: , but then will I really need a tag to identify me as "the one being dragged behind the hooligan"?)
Surely NOT BRU.................He would not drag you along :lol: :lol: :lol: I will be easy to spot with Westie and Dood in tow :roll: Wonder if we should label the kids

Pooper scooper bag despencer,
Doodle Brusher
Doodle Thurst go getter

Mmmmm a new threat maybe needed what job would you have em do :lol: :lol: :lol:

doodly dawn

Post by doodly dawn » 16 Feb 2011, 14:00

blueboysgirl wrote::lol: Shall we all wear nametags so you know which Doods to avoid? :lol:

At least we wont have to explain to everyone hes not mad hes a doodle. If Cody greets everyone we could take a long time walking round.
Dawn

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 16 Feb 2011, 14:09

Lola has been to Lancaster and Nottingham in the car and was fine. The longest journey we did was three and a half hours, but when we came back from Lancaster it rained so hard all the traffic was crawling and we missed the services turn off as we could hardly see signs. She started to whine as we got to Bristol and we realised she hadn't had a wee for 4 hours as there had been an accident and we were stuck in traffic! We turned of asap into a garage and she leapt out and ran to the nearest bit of green and squatted and sighed in bliss!

Do you have to buy tickets in advance? That's out main problem as sometimes OH has to work weekends and we never know till quite late.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Barb

Post by Barb » 16 Feb 2011, 14:13

It's pay on the day unless you are camping. The camping must be booked and paid for in advance. :D

john ford

Post by john ford » 16 Feb 2011, 15:11

does anyone know the number to book up for camping how much is it to get in on day is it only for labradooles is it realy big

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 16 Feb 2011, 18:58

Im soo excited my first labradoodle show! Me and Bails will be there. Can anyone reckonmend a place to stay near by that allows dogs - Bailey would eat my tent! lol

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 16 Feb 2011, 19:44

If you look up WHITE SWAN WALTON ON TRENT it puts you on a site that shows hotels and gives milage away from Walton,Walton is very near to Catton Park.
The internet site is BEER IN THE EVENING.Theres the Aspect hotel jun11 just of the M42.

Doodle Trust

Post by Doodle Trust » 16 Feb 2011, 19:52

We are still in the early stages of planning the 2011 Show and have only just visited and agreed the venue. It was a difficult decision because we are aware that we can’t please everyone and we apologise to the people that will be unable to attend because they live too far away. The venue we have chosen is as central as we could manage and we hope that making a weekend schedule with camping and local B&B’s will help those who are able to travel.

The venue includes a wooded walk along a tributary which leads to the river. It was very pretty even though it was winter! The field is flat, and huge!! We will be able to allow our doodles off lead at the campsite and will be having a party on Saturday night after the show. Obviously during the show all dogs will have to be kept on leads. There are no neighbours and we will not have any complaints about noise, so bring on the party!!!!

There will be camping for people wishing to bring tents or caravans although there will be no electric hookups! Generators will be allowed if you have one. For those who would rather spend the weekend at a hotel or B&B, we will be posting a list soon and although you may nor be ‘roughing’ it in the field….you will all be welcome to visit the ‘campers’ for the events on the campsite …… in fact…you must!!! Oh, that includes day visitors for those of you lucky enough to live close enough!!

We are busy planning this now and we hope you will be a little more patient and as soon as we can we will be announcing more details and prices.

All announcements will be made on Doodle Times and Labradoodle Trust website first.

Just a taster of a very basic schedule:

All camping will be booked with Pam, booking form coming soon
Please book your own Hotel or B&B

Fish and Chip supper Fri evening for campers and guests
Main Show on Saturday
Saturday after show party with a ‘get together BBQ’
Sunday morning ‘hangover cure’ Doodle Walk

We have lots of ideas that we are looking at now to make the weekend a success. We have 3 main aims…
1. To raise awareness of Labradoodle Trust
2. To raise funds to help care for the increasing number of doodles in our care
3. To facilitate a fun, enjoyable and friendly weekend as a thank you for all our supporters and helpers.

Please PM Barb or Pam if you have you any ideas or suggestions or maybe you know someone who would be interested in hiring a plot? Examples: Hand made items, craft items, Unusual dog products, Plant sales. Maybe you have an idea of an activity for the campsite or any other idea to make our weekend enjoyable.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at Catton Park

Pam, Paul and Barb