Rogue's gallery - height, weight, gen, hair type and a pic

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
guffy

Rogue's gallery - height, weight, gen, hair type and a pic

Post by guffy » 20 May 2011, 01:02

Hi all,

The advice and help in my Introduction post has been fabulous; a great help in my quest for Doodle knowledge. Whirlwindmum made a great suggestion that I post with a view to asking Doodle owners to help me narrow down what sort of Doodle I'm looking to get. I have a view but with pics and info, I think I'll get a really good picture of Doodle types.

Would you be so kind as to post a pic of your Doodle with the rough height, weight, generation and hair type please? Apart from being incredibly useful for me, it'd be great to have it all in one thread.

Thanks in advance and look forward to seeing the Rogue's gallery!

Lee

MrsAdmin

Re: Rogue's gallery - height, weight, gen, hair type and a pic

Post by MrsAdmin » 20 May 2011, 04:43

Having an insomniac night, I'll kick off :lol:

Here's Jack - F1 Boy, Scruffy coat, about 25 kg, medium height (small lab size and chunkier build) , sheds for England but tamed a bit by the Furminator, very intelligent.

Here's Becky - F1b Girl, Very woolly poodly coat, moults into coat, needs extensive dematting and clipping every 2 to 3 months, about 30 kg, tallish (standard poodle size and build), only got one pink, fluffy brain cell but knows what SHE wants.

To give some sort of idea of the contrast here's the two together

Of the two of them, I would pick Becky for an office situation because of her nature - uber friendly (although a bit alarming when she greets you by the paws on the shoulders) and very chilled. Jack is very bright, needs far more attention and stimulation and would get more stressed with the London travel and office. I think you really need to go for temperment over looks.

In your situation, given the flat access etc was sorted, I would go for a Rescue Doodle with a good report on the chilled out nature of the dog already established. Or get your name down for a puppy with Madaboutdoodles because Cassie (and her puppy Sadie) are about the most chilled Doodles around. :lol:

The Labradoodle Trust site is really good for loads of info on sizes, types and coats etc as well as finding Rescue Doodles. Be very aware that it is NOT possible to predict what your Doodle will look like from a puppy as their coats can change drastically by the time they are 10 to 12 months old. Colour is the least of your worries and even that can go totally out the window too. Beccle's started life as a black puppy apparently, then went silver.

There can be a total range of coats and shedding even within one litter, from complete Labrasmoothie (see Wendy's Murphy - curliest in litter - now labrasmoothie but getting scruffier as he gets older), to Scruffy to Woolly Mammoth. Aussie's do breed truer but there is no 100% guarantee with Doodles.

They sure like to keep you guessing :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bigmac

Post by Bigmac » 20 May 2011, 06:52

Milo, F3, 32kg with a shaggy coat and doesn't appear to shed any fur. Milo is from Cass's first litter and all the pups have similar but not identical coats.

Milo the doodle (P.A.T)

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 20 May 2011, 08:06

Here's mine.

Jasper, F2 labradoodle, was chocolate as a pup but has faded, 22" tall and 20kg. Best coat ever in my book - a scruffy fleece that only sheds the tiniest bit but is dead easy to groom.

Freddie, F1 cockerpoo (miniature poodle cross). 18" and 15kg. Fabulous easy to train dog and very bouncy. Poodley coat, needs regular grooming and clipping.

Darcey, F1 cockerpoo toy cross (as far as we know, she's a rescue), 12" tall and 7.5kg. Too clever for her own good. Coat v similar to Freddie though slightly more relaxed curls.

cazandgus

Post by cazandgus » 20 May 2011, 08:12

Hi this is Carrie a 50/50 about 17 inches and 16kg spiral fleece coat non-shedding and Gus F1 20 inches and 22kg he sheds quite a lot but a low maintenance coat :)

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 20 May 2011, 08:16

Here goes - Ben
He was very smooth coated as a pup. Very scruffy now and sheds quite a lot but doesn't matt.

Very shaggy now - aged two.

Weighs 32.5 kg.

See how he's grown! He is about 23" to the shoulder now.

His Mum was a black lab and his Dad a white poodle so he is an F1.
The puppies' coats were all the same but his brother Harvey (the only one we know) is quite different now. Lighter in colour and not nearly so scruffy.
Ben was no trouble as a pup, didn't chew anything much, just the odd sock / duster etc.
He's not a fussy eater. Quite laid back. Very bright - you need to watch your conversation if he's around!

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 May 2011, 09:08

This is Poppy - she's 3 years old, was a chocolate puppy but is now an interesting mix of colours. She's an F1b - Mum was a first gen labradoodle and Dad a standard poodls. Poppy is a dainty girl being very poodley in build, measuring 21" to the shoulder and weighing it at 18kg. She needs a lot of grooming and her cut coat every 2 or 3 months to keep it comfortable for her. When she sheds hair it doesn't drop, but stays in her coat and matts.

This is Daisy - she's nearly 5, is an F2 and has minimal shedding. Daisy is more lab in build (and appetite!) and is 23" to the shoulder, and weighs 28kg. Her coat is the easy care one - she gets brushed once a week really more to keep and eye on how she is than anything else, she is quick drying, slow growing and seems to drop dirt like magic!

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 20 May 2011, 09:33

This is Dixie - she's a 6th generation aussi doodle.
Weighs 11kg and is approx 17 inches
Doesn't shed but is high maintenence - groomers every 6 weeks and regular
brushing [everyday if possible]
Very intelligent -loves other dogs- laid back and submissive character.

Next post willbe Dylan - haven't worked out how to post different pics on same post
ImageImage

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 20 May 2011, 09:41

This is Dylan he's an F1[looks identical to Gus]
He weighs 21kg [has weiged more but is on diet]
He stands approx 19/20 inches
He does shed a bit but regular furminator helps alot.
He is laid back and a very affectionate dog - loves nothing better
than being with you at your side.
Eats for England if allowed and weight is a problem.
Lovely dog with loads of fun loving characeristics.

Hope you can decide as you can already see the difference but all doodles
smashing family pets. i wouldn't choose any other now.
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 20 May 2011, 09:47

Check out Bid's previous posts because Daisy is a great example of a litter of puppies who all turned out completely different from each other, with very different coats.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

aaron.102

Post by aaron.102 » 20 May 2011, 09:49

this is gracie a mini f1 with a scruffy coat, she stands at around 14 inches with quite a narrow build and about 8-9kg.

Edit to say she is still only 8-9 months old so may still get bigger (although she hasnt in the last couple of months)

Clare

Post by Clare » 20 May 2011, 11:55

This is Pebbles. She is two. and an ASD. She is 17" and weighs 11kg. She is a wonderful dog ( maybe I am biased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
She has a fleece coat which doesn't shed but needs brushing and regular trips to the groomers. She is a very easy dog, laid back and friendly but not in an over excited way.

Clare and Pebbles

Clare

Post by Clare » 20 May 2011, 11:58

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_hZVO ... G_0677.JPG[/img

I am not very good at posting pictures. This is another picture of Pebbles. I think you can see her coat better

Clare and Pebbles

Clare

Post by Clare » 20 May 2011, 12:00

This is a better picture of Pebbles I think it shows her coat better, although her coat is quite short in this picture

Clare and Pebbles

Leah

Post by Leah » 20 May 2011, 12:10

This might be of interest http://www.edinburghlabradoodles.co.uk/
We got Monty here and you can see how different the puppies are (esp at the 6 month reunion) I picked the curliest boy from the litter, he's an F2, completely non-shedding BUT lots of work to groom so I keep his coat shorter these days. He is 22" tall and weighs about 25kg, has a lovely calm nature and would be perfect to take to the office if I needed to as he would just lie near me, he's fine about traffic, going on trains and buses etc. I think the nature is much more important than the looks, and a good breeder should be able to guide you towards a calm laid-back pup who will suit your lifestyle.

Leah