Rogue's gallery - height, weight, gen, hair type and a pic

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
michala

Re: Rogue's gallery - height, weight, gen, hair type and a pic

Post by michala » 20 May 2011, 12:15

Pixie and Petal sisters F1b don't shed - do matt after beach games and snow fights otherwise pretty easy to maintain a good brush once a week keeps them in order. Oh both very laid back until they see a ball! Petal first.

mydood

Post by mydood » 20 May 2011, 12:54

Denver is an F1 (working lab mum x mini poodle) he is 19/20 inches at 8 1/2 months, i don't know if he will grow any more in height, but i would say he is a medium dood. I haven't seen many apricot doodles either, i love his colour!

We wanted a scruffy coated doodle and thats just what he is with a georgous face! His coat is basically maintenance free dispite romping in the forest in muddy bogs in the winter and going in the sea on a daily basis he just has the occasional brush for his pleasure and mine,....... we joke he is a 'self cleaning dog' as any dirt miraculously vanishes by the time we get home! and he always smells lovely (when dry) not doggy at all.

He has the sweetest, kindest nature with people, dogs and cats and chickens and is highly intelligent and well behaved when he needs to be! We love him to bits and can't imagine a better dog in any way. Even my DH says we are blessed with him! and he took some pursuading to get him in the first place.

He doesn't bark either (i don't know if thats bad or good) we know he can though he did only once when we had a digger in the garden!

He now comes into my office with me for short periods, when I know he is probably tired and likely to lie down quietly under my desk.

Best of luck with your choice.

Our boy Denver

mydood

Post by mydood » 20 May 2011, 13:01

Sorry, mean't to say he does shed but not as much as my cats do! He is medium built and about 19kg at the mo :D
Our boy Denver

Ditta

Post by Ditta » 20 May 2011, 13:12

This is Bingo, he is a mini F1 (mum was a choc lab and dad a choc mini poodle.) He is about 19 inches to the shoulder and about 15 kg (was that about a month ago when he got neutered anyway.) He possibly still has some growing to do, but not much I'd imagine. He has a fairly short scruffy coat (we picked the smoothest pup in the litter,) he is VERY easy care and although he does shed a bit it's really not excessive, especially if you furminate him every few weeks.
He is a laid back boy I think, and doesn't seem to have very high energy requirements (He'd be fine with 1 walk a day plus being let out in the garden for wees and poos.) He is still a bit bouncy when he sees someone new, but does settle after a bit. I figure I would be able to take him to an office if I needed to, especially if I excersised him a bit beforehand and brought a chew with me. We did ask for the breeders advice when picking him, as we wanted a laid back puppy.

millysmum

Post by millysmum » 20 May 2011, 14:28

Here's Milly, 4 years old, a scruffy F1.
She moults a bit, but it's not much and a weekly brush sees her right. In this pic, she had just had an all-over trim ready for summer, so she looks less scruffy than usual. Her mum was a very stocky, short working chocolate lab and her dad was black miniature poodle. She is quite solid herself -- we have to watch her weight. She would pile it on quite easily. She's about 21 kg. I haven't measured her height, but she is short to medium. I'd guess about 17-18". She has a laid back temperament and will sit at your feet under desks or tables quite happily for quite long periods.
I'm loving this thread, seeing all the dogs together in one place!
Lynne
Image Image

whirlwindmum

Post by whirlwindmum » 20 May 2011, 14:51

Lee i wanted you to see Polo. ( Gilly hope you don't mind ) He is the cream dood with straight hair and sheds for England,he is a F2. So there is no guarantees on there coat. I call Labradoodles the "wait and see dogs".

Alfie (black dood) is F1 30kg ish and 27inch to top of shoulder and sheds.
i]Treena & Alfie[/i]

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 May 2011, 15:12

Lola is a miniature Aussie. She had a fleece coat as a pup and is now a bit curlier. She doesn't shed (not found one hair!). she doesn't smell. After the pup-losing-hair stage she has been easy to maintain coat wise - but the longer it is the longer it takes. any doodle picks up dirt in the fur on a walk - i pop her in the shower and it goes down the drain!

She is 14 inches high, 5.6kg.

Very easy to train and calm as long as friends are not talking to me - what i mean is she is very calm round everyone but when a dog walking friend comes near she gets exited!

This is her under my desk where she sleeps all the time I'm on the computer...

She requires as much or as little exercise as she gets - some days when I'm well she gets 2 hours, some an hour, some half an hour a day, and if ill, which i was earlier in the year, she slept on me the whole time and was quite happy!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

somerville

Post by somerville » 20 May 2011, 16:04

This is Max, he is just 2 and weighs 18kgs and measures 18 inches to the shoulder, his mum is springer spaniel and his Dad is ASD (australian)labradoodle, he started off as a very dark chocolate and now I guess you would call him a very milky coffee, his coat is a very soft fleece, I do groom him each day and he visits the groomers every 5 weeks. He has a very gentle nature and is extremely laid back at home-the usual doodle when out walking and spots anything "interesting", there is nothing he likes more than being picked up and being carried round like a baby-especially by my 19year old son, and he seemed to be quick to learn when training in the early days.

somerville

Post by somerville » 20 May 2011, 16:06

Oh forgot to say he doesn't shed at all but would matt quite quickly without regular combing.

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 20 May 2011, 16:19

Here is our Treacle. She is a 3 year old F1 choccy girl. Beautiful temperament. Just loves everybody and everything. She is a very quiet dog indoors. Loves close contact but doesn't mind being on her own for a while either. She is 22" to shoulder and around 23 kg. She has a very easily maintained coat which doesn't need grooming. She has been with us for 10 months now and we have just trimmed around her face. She has a good brushing once or twice a week and shows very minimal shedding. Treacle does like a good off lead romp around the woods twice a day although can be a bit wilful on recall. Foodwise, she hasn't refused anything at all. Just likes to eat (the lab. in her I think). She doesn't bother much with toys. Just 1 favourite squeaky one. She will play fetch but becomes bored easily. Much prefers human and other doggy play.

TREACLE

alisongreen

Post by alisongreen » 20 May 2011, 16:45

Hi this is Dulcie. She's a miniature F1b, 18.5" and weighing about 14.5kg. She has a very curly coat and doesn't seem to shed at all. She only needs a weekly brush and has a visit to the groomers every 3-4 months. She doesn't smell at all and not even a hint of dog breath!! She has a beautiful nature, quite calm but very clever (a bit too clever for her own good sometimes!)
She loves our two cats and always picks up a slipper to run and give to them as soon as they come in (they of course are completely bemused by her 'gift'!). She also loves all other dogs but has a particular fondness for other labradoodles and Boxers!!

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 20 May 2011, 16:45

My bunch

Name: Gunner
Weight: 34kilos
Height: 26 inches
Coat: Scruffy
Sheds: Low shedding
Grooming: Minimal
Generation F1
Colour: Chocolate
Parents: Labrador mum, Poodle dad
Characteristics: Easy to train as very intelligent, laid back, brilliant traveller in cars and trains

as a pup
grown up

Name: Buffy
Weight: 24kgs
Height: 24 inches
Generation: F1
Coat: Scruffy
Sheds: Thick coat that sheds a lot but she never matts, needs a brush only once a week.
Colour: Blue.
Parents: Labrador mum, Poodle dad
Characteristics: as Gunner but highly intelligent and fiercely loyal.

as a pup
grown up

Name: Oreo
Weight: 27 kgs
Height: 25 inches
Generation: F3
Coat: Soft Wool
Sheds: Doesn't drop hair
Grooming: regular
Colour: Black (mismark)
Parents: both F2 Doodles
Characteristics: Bouncy and comical, still has a puppy attitude. Travels well and easily trained.

as a pup
grown up

Name: Dora ( daughter of Oreo & Buffy )
Weight: 25kilos
Height: 24 inches
Coat: Very thick wool
Sheds: Doesn't drop hair
Grooming: Daily grooming
Generation F2
Colour: White
Parents: mum F1 and dad F3
Characteristics: Mega bouncy :roll: but clever and has a lovely temperament. travels well and is very vocal

as a pup
grown up

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 20 May 2011, 17:26

Here's my rogue...
He's an F1, Dad was a choc "royal" poodle (bigger than the measurements for a standard poodle) and mum was a choc lab.
He weighs over 34kg (haven't been able to weight him for a few months due to him being so large) and stands about 28" to his shoulders.
He's very lean and muscular, but has the appetite of a lab :roll: so I have to make sure he's well excersised, but he LOVES to come running with me, so this is easy to maintain.
His fur is short on his body and shaggier around his legs and shoulders with a lovely feathered tail. He moults A LOT!! :lol:
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 20 May 2011, 20:08

This is Tilly as a pup (12 weeks) completley flat coated. She's an F1 (supposedly a miniature :lol: :lol: Plu-heeze!)
Now at 4 1/2 years old:
She's 37kg, 29" to the shoulder, very calm, extremeley intelligent and her coat is scruffy with some curls. Very easy to keep, doesn't need clipping, doesn't shed a lot and doesn't matt. Eats one can of food a day with mixer and has 3 walks a day including training, swimming and some running next to the bike. She's very strong and almost pure muscle around her neck and shoulders :lol:
Happy days :)
Image Image Image

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 20 May 2011, 22:00

This is Florrie, she's an F2B and will be a year old on the 28th, Mum is an F1B miniature cream labradoodle and Dad isn F3B standard silver labradoodle. She has a curly, fleecy coat which is quite high maintenance and moults a little. She is about 22" and weighs about 25kg, she is quite deep chested and is very muscular. She is a lovely looking dog and I always get comments on this from people when I walk her.
Tasha

Florrie Lorrie