Fuming!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
iceprincess10x

Fuming!

Post by iceprincess10x » 31 May 2011, 14:30

As many of you will have seen that Bailey has spent 2 nights in the local vet hospital with what they said was pancreatitis. Today they rang and said Bailey was bright and breezy and ready to come home. Well the dog I picked up was far from my bounding labradoodle and seemed no better than when I left him there. So I took him straight to my vets (which I hadnt been able to take him to due to it being bank holiday weekend and so had used their out of hours service which is this animal hospital). Immediately my vet says the report you told the hospital was that he had sicked up part of a ball and you were worried incase anymore was inside. I replied yes but i was told that it wasn't the ball that was making him ill (he'd stolen a ball and tore and swallowed several pieces before mum could get to him a week or so ago) that he had pancreatitis! My vet who is amazing felt bailey and said I can feel it something in his bowel so now my baby boy is having to have an operation and has had 2 days of incorrect treatment costing me £600! So Bailey and I need your prayers and thoughts. Im sooo cross and sooo worried I dont know what to do with myself!

stout

Re: Fuming!

Post by stout » 31 May 2011, 14:39

Thats rubbish :evil: . You poor thing, and poor Bailey. I would be jumping up and down and shouting a lot.

Sending big hugs to you both :(
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 31 May 2011, 14:40

Ye Gods - hope he is ok. Sending lots of healing thoughts and hope for him.

On the good side, at least he doesn't have a chronic condition.

After you have him home and well I think I'd ask your vet for his opinion on whether, taking into account the dog's history as given by you, they were negligent and gave the wrong treatment. I think you should get a refund.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 31 May 2011, 14:43

Oh I'm so sorry for you and poor Bailey.
We put our trust into vets and to be let down like this is very worrying.
I hope your vet can sort out the problem soon - Dylan is always eating stuff
and your story has highlighted the dangers of it.
Keep us informed and lots of us will be thinking of you and Bailey.
ImageImage

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 31 May 2011, 14:53

Poor you, thats rubbish.
Florrie shredded and ate a dirty nappy last week and had to emergency surgery last weekend to have it removed, so I know what you're going through (apart from the crap vet bit)
She's got a lot of stitches and she's still not back to normal yet. My vet said it will take a while for her to
recover.
If you've got any questions or anything then let me know as I'm going through similar with Florrie.
My thoughts are with you.
Tasha

Florrie Lorrie

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 31 May 2011, 14:59

Thank you its the waiting that is killing me at the moment!

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 31 May 2011, 15:32

So sorry to read this and sending my best wishes to Bailey and thank god for a good vet ..

My advice whilst you are still fuming is to write down the serious of events that has lead to today ..dates/times/conversations anything that relates to Baileys situation at present. Then concentrate on getting Bailey back to good health (which I'm sure he will do). Once sorted you must and I stress must sort out with the vet hospital about either getting a full refund or at least a good bit of it. From the information you have given it was mis-diagnoses and the outcome could have been much worse if you not been aware that your dog was still unwell. If you need advice go see the CAB people and speak with your vet too. If the vet hospital are responsible people they will hold their hand up and admit their fault at the very least you should only pay for any treatment/drugs over the two days not £600. Good luck to you and Bailey...Rae and Vince x
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Leah

Post by Leah » 31 May 2011, 16:15

Poor you - you must feel so upset and angry at the moment. Wishing Bailey a speedy recovery.

Leah

ps I would certainly be demanding a full refund

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 31 May 2011, 16:55

I hope you manage to get things sorted out and most of all, I hope that Bailey is ok after the op.
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

Alibobs

Post by Alibobs » 31 May 2011, 17:25

Omg I cant believe it! I totally agree with the others and when you feel up to it you MUST ask for an explanation and a refund. I wish Bailey a speedy recovery. Take care.

Alison & Lola xx
Alison & Lola x

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 31 May 2011, 18:23

That is awful, poor Bailey, those stupid vets have put his life at risk by incorrect treatment. Definitely not something you should pay for, and you should be able to claim compensation too.

It is so sad that he has to stay at the vet yet again, and have an operation too, but reassuring that there is no ongoing condition.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 31 May 2011, 18:53

Just heard from vets Bailey has come through the operation fine and should be able to come home tomorrow night or thurs. Apparently they keep labradors and therefore labradoodles longer as apparently they seem ok sometimes when theyre not!

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 31 May 2011, 18:58

Oh good - so far so good.
This vet appears to have his finger on the button, Bailey in safe hands
is what you want.
Try and get some rest - easier said than done !
ImageImage

john ford

Post by john ford » 31 May 2011, 19:30

poor dog and poor you i do feel for you its horrible when they are hurting and you cant do a thing to help them ,hope he gets well soon.

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 31 May 2011, 19:31

You should definately get your money back as that is appalling that they misdiagnosed something so serious.
Glad to hear Bailey is doing okay, I agree that the waiting is the hardest part.

Florrie had to stay in all day saturday for xrays and her surgery was in the afternoon, it took 3.5 hours to do her surgery and then she had to stay in all day sunday and we picked her up monday morning. She's now 10 days on and is doing well, it's hard to keep her calm and quiet!

Florrie has an 8 inch wound and has about 20 stitches

She was quite sore to start with but soon perked up and is getting back to her old self again. She's had some complications but thats only because she was on steroids for another problem prior to her surgery.

Hope Bailey makes a speedy recovery and that this post helps you to see what he might be like when he comes home.

Tasha

Florrie Lorrie