Fuming!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Rosikus

Re: Fuming!

Post by Rosikus » 31 May 2011, 22:53

Hiya,

Hope Bailey is doing well. I haven't read all the replies but just wanted to let you know I went through a similar thing with Toby when he was younger. At about midnight I was getting ready to go to bed and went to put Toby in his crate but beforehand I let him out for a wee, and in the living room I spotted the handle of a disposable razor. Of course I panicked and searched the rest of the house for the head with the blades in but found it nowhere.
I immediately rang the emergency vet and said I think my dog has swallowed razor blades and took him in straight away for x rays etc. He was operated on at 2am to remove all four blades and had a massive scar along his belly. He healed really well and was bouncing again in no time! You can still feel the scar now but it's covered in fuzz.

I'm sure Bailey will be up to his old tricks in no time. I'm completely disgusted at the first vet you took him to, if you told them you think he'd swallowed something they at least should have checked. I'd report them!

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 31 May 2011, 23:01

Thank you everyone for your support, best wishes and advice. We will report/complain once we have got Bailey sorted but hes our priority just want him home!

groover

Post by groover » 01 Jun 2011, 00:41

Good grief !!!!

What a horror story. I'm so pleased to hear your poor boy has had his op. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery and a wee (((hug))) for you. You must have been worried sick

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

Bid

Post by Bid » 01 Jun 2011, 01:18

What a nightmare! I hope our boy is back home with you asap. As already mentioned, it is a good idea to write down everthing - dates & times as far as you can remember. Is he insured? If so get in touch with the insurance company, because they should have advisors to work on the complaint for you. The main thin though as you say, is getting Bail back home and recovering.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 01 Jun 2011, 11:11

Hiya,
Hows Bailey doing? Is he home yet?

I make Florrie's Kongs up by cooking some chicken, rice, veg and then Puree it all together with some veg water from the pan and then stuff and freeze the kongs. She also likes cooked fish which I then flake and mix with some boiled potatoes which I then cut really small or mash and add veg and veg water and then mush all together and stuff and freeze. The vet said she's only allowed bland stuff so recommended these fillings, which were great at getting her eating her own food again.

Florrie had her stitches out today and the vet said there should be no lasting damage. It's taken her 12 days to get to where she is now, she's pretty much her normal self again. She can't have long walks for a few weeks yet but she's happy at the moment.

Hope Bailey makes a speedy recovery.

Tasha

Florrie Lorrie

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 01 Jun 2011, 19:49

Bailey is home and bouncing! The vets said the problem is going to be keeping him still and calm as he's been trying to empty the clinical waste bins etc in the vets! I think being home has meant he can finally relax as he's fast asleep next to me as I type! However I have stopped him licking ...

Sooo glad to have him home!

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 01 Jun 2011, 20:07

That is great news,you must be so relieved.Like the attire it matches his collar perfectly.

Coco & Barney

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 01 Jun 2011, 22:18

Fantastic news that Bailey is home, you must be so pleased :D (and I'm pleased for you too!)
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

groover

Post by groover » 02 Jun 2011, 00:18

So pleased he's home

although I do think you could have got him cooler pants after everything he's been through :lol:

Xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 02 Jun 2011, 00:40

Aww, glad he's feeling better! I think his pants are groovy! And they tone with his fur!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 02 Jun 2011, 08:02

Just catching up with this thread and so pleased -
his protective gear brought a smile to my face - very fetching!!!
What a relief his on the mend now you can concentrate on
reporting the bad practice of the 1st vet.
Let us know what you decide and how to go about it.
ImageImage

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 02 Jun 2011, 10:39

Hey those pants are primarks best! lol Actually im changing them today thinking black ones for the dignified look lol Bailey's done really well I got up and let him out about 3am this morning, he went out to have a wee and then went back to bed. The only jumping he's doing is onto the couch thankfully he knows hes not up to counter surfing etc. He's flitting between chewing toys (which all seem new to him as he hasn't seen them for 4 days) and sleeping! Saving the frozen chilcken and rice filled kongs for when I really need them! Our other dog is desperate for Bailey to play with him so Baileys going into the crate to get away from him! Thankfully he's going away for the night tomorrow so will make things a bit easier.

Spoke to vet yesterday and she said you should complain as its the only way people know theres a problem. Makes me think they've had other complaints. She said we've also been really unlucky as the vet hospital only provide 1 night and 1 weekend in 5! So were gonna start with a letter of complaint and see what response we get and take it from there!

Leo22

Post by Leo22 » 02 Jun 2011, 13:50

Glad Bailey is home safe and sound, he looks so cute in those pants, enjoy your weekend xx

Lynne and Moses

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 02 Jun 2011, 15:57

Hi, Very pleased to hear Bailey is home and doing well...thats the most important thing and really bad luck on your part to have the need of the vets on that 1 in 5 weekend would have saved so much stress if it hadn't been....good advice from your vet if we don't complain how would anyone know they are giving a less than their best service...Good Luck to you and bigs hugs to Bailey :) Rae and Vince x

newdoodle79

Post by newdoodle79 » 02 Jun 2011, 20:23

Who was it you used hun? as were local and the other year my mums cat came home around midnight breathing shallow and coughing blood! It was a horrific sight and I grabbed yellow pages and rang an emergency vet! and 3 times somebody picked up the phone onlt to put it straight down again, I finally got through to a sleepy gentleman who after I explained the situation he remarked "you woke me up over this? its obvious the cats been hit, probably by a car" and then he just bloody hung up!! :twisted: :evil:
I`ve always wanted to put in a complaint but afraid to as after I rang right back and was greeted by his answer maching I left one of the most X rated, angry threats I have EVER made! :(
IN A FEILD OF DARKNESS I SEE A FLOWER OF LIGHT, A JUMPING LABRADOODLE

[url=http://pitapata.com]ImageImage[/urlImage