camping

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Linda&Coco

camping

Post by Linda&Coco » 09 Jun 2011, 18:26

Thinking of buying a tent,any recommendations would be welcome.

Coco & Barney

lizziesmum

Re: camping

Post by lizziesmum » 09 Jun 2011, 18:35

How much do want to pay?Im cracking on a bit(age)but Im seriously looking at the new Vango inflatables,there brill just peg it out and pump it up.I had a try at my local camping store.winfields,it was so easy,even an old un could do it.
They are expensive but I love them

Danda

Post by Danda » 09 Jun 2011, 18:43

I LOVE our tent!

A Khyam 'Quick erect' :lol:

I often go ahead when we camp and put the tent up (I have Fridays off) so as to bag the best spot. Love turning up and (usually the men) already there settle down to watch a woman put a tent up. :shock: Last laugh on me when it's up in 20-30 minutes! It's the 400 I think - sleeps 8. We got it second hand on ebay (it had been used once!)

Anna
ImageImage ImageImage

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 09 Jun 2011, 18:46

Depends what you mean by expensive Freda.Just need it to have enough room for two old cronies and Coco. Mick does not believe I will go camping so I am determined to prove him wrong.

I do like space though and would like some standing room somewhere.

Coco & Barney

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 09 Jun 2011, 18:52

A Khyam 'Quick erect' :lol:

Getting excited now will check it out. :lol:

Coco & Barney

Danda

Post by Danda » 09 Jun 2011, 18:55

:oops: only sleeps 4!

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=742

We use it for the two of us and use the second pod as a dressing room :lol: OH stands up in the middle section and he is TALL. Moomin has recently taken to sleeping on top of us in our pod rather than his bed in the central area......

Anna
ImageImage ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Jun 2011, 19:51

Khyam flexidomes every time! Our 2 tents have lasted us ages - so easy to put up and resist incredible wind! (Storms I mean :oops: :lol: ). We go away to festivals about 10 times a year, and the first one lasted us 13 years - that's a lot of camping. The second is still going strong, and we now have a Khyam awning for our Bongo. Pete is 6'2" and can stand easily in all three of them.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

millysmum

Post by millysmum » 09 Jun 2011, 20:34

Being a lazy kind of gal, I must say I find the vango inflatable incredibly tempting! I watched the video of it being erected on the winfield website and it seems amazing.
Image Image

john ford

Post by john ford » 09 Jun 2011, 20:45

Just got 4 birth with bedroom from carboot 10 pound just till get camper on road ,its a nice one they sell loads at car boots .My friend just got her a trailer tent they look good.

stout

Post by stout » 09 Jun 2011, 21:51

We have a six man tent that is a modern equivalent of a frame tent - so has loads of space, has two bedroom at the back with a removable divide. We are looking to get rid of it (as we now have a caravan), we have only used it a few times, let us know if you are interested!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 11 Jun 2011, 17:31

Hi... Doodles love camping :)
No 1 priority for us would be able to stand up in the tent No 2 Would be ease of use .....so have a look at the Kyham Quick Erect ones ...good prices and video on the Somersetcamping.co.uk website ...we have a Kyham drive away awning for our camper (same design as the tents) they are a little bit more £££'s but it's worth it for time saved especially when you arrive late on site. All the people on the camper forum swear by them and they should know ....believe me. Easyily erected by one person and great stabilty in bad weather (see the video)....have also seen the blow up ones on site, which look good but have never tried one out ..research is the key word before parting with your cash :)

PS Just had a look at somerset camping (couple of good buys from last years stock) but can't see the video ....so go to youtube and put in ..tente de camping kyham gamme ridgidome (french video) ...a good example of how to put one up in under three minutes
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Jun 2011, 18:39

Vincento - have you got the motordome with the sleeping pods? For some reason our sleeping quarters section always looks wonky :?
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 11 Jun 2011, 22:12

Thanks everyone for your replies. Would have got back sooner, but had computer problems.

Chris just a bit too large for for us.but thank you.

I would have gone for a Kyham but Mick was not happy price wise. :twisted:

We did go out today and bought a tent.Standing room everywhere,room for Coco but not big enough for doodle dash,I hope :lol:

Mick is putting it up tomorrow,while I time him. :roll:

Coco & Barney

Danda

Post by Danda » 11 Jun 2011, 23:15

:D Do video it! :lol:

Happy camping!
ImageImage ImageImage

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 11 Jun 2011, 23:51

:lol: :lol: :lol: