I don't want to put them away...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Liz!

I don't want to put them away...

Post by Liz! » 20 Sep 2011, 17:53

Lola frequently piles her toys up and lies in them, or next to them with a paw outstretched on her favourite, and it stays there even when she's asleep... Sadly she got up just as I was about to take the photo...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Bid

Re: I don't want to put them away...

Post by Bid » 20 Sep 2011, 17:55

I'm VERY impressed at Lola's heap of toys! All we have are toy carcasses - destuffed and desqueaked, but very much loved
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 Sep 2011, 17:59

Do you think dogs become like their owners? i still have my dolls, Tiny Tears and Teeny Tiny Tears, in very good condition!

She has only bitten a tiny hole in a couple of toys. With the result that her dad who can't resist buying things for her has filled the house - this is only a selection, she has two drawers full and a basket stuffed with stuffed things!

She does chew them, but gently. She chews her chews with vigour though!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 20 Sep 2011, 18:34

Lola has an impressive array of toys :D :D , like bid all we have is allot of destroyed toys, they could only be classed as bits of material stitched together :lol: . Or very hard plastic bone & ring that are so evil (she bites them so the plastic is so gnarled that it now leaves scratches if she brushes past your legs :roll: ) I am impressed with Lola’s toys :wink:
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 20 Sep 2011, 18:54

:D :D :D :D :D Sweet! (need heart smiley!). So... which one's the favourite???
Jean & Bella xxx

Gem

Post by Gem » 20 Sep 2011, 19:42

Zooey is incredibly jealous of Lola's pile of toys - her daddy wont let her have that many and only three are allowed out at a time! Although that's probably because she leaves them everywhere in the most dangerous places like half way up the stairs - maybe if Lola could teach her to tidy up like that she would be allowed more out at a time!
Gemma and Zooey

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 20 Sep 2011, 19:44

aaahhh how cute is that ! :D
Dawn & Luna x

john ford

Post by john ford » 20 Sep 2011, 20:18

Our dexter as lots but lately he keeps gettin my grandaughters and running round garden with them,he nows he cant have them so i think he does it for you too chase him .He as got hold off her new teddy today which is white and pink ,it is black now and he as got hold of her barbie doll aswell.

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 Sep 2011, 21:06

Ah, now I can't say Lola doesn't leave her toys in dangerous places! Balls are always underfoot... not halfway up the stairs as we don't allow her up there though. They are however all over the lounge floor. Luckily no children to vie with on the toys front. She hasn't ever taken one of my bears off of a side or anything, but she has retrieved her own toys that have been confiscated!

She does LOVE her toys, really, really enjoys them so it's fun to give them to her. And it keeps her from doing anything we don't want her to I'm convinced! She has some fans who send her them, so we don't buy everything.

Her absolute favourites are an octopus (not the blue one in the picture, but a green one with plaited legs), her large, soft football, her small black and white bouncy ball, and her purple ring (not in the picture).

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 20 Sep 2011, 22:18

Murphy's toys certainly don't look like Lola's but he still loves them, he just likes to destroy them :lol:
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 Sep 2011, 22:36

Lola's fave octopus this evening...

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 20 Sep 2011, 22:41

Oh Jacob has that spacehopper but he doesn't have any soft toys anymore as they get destroyed sooo quickly. He has a Jack Russel cousin that has the most toys I've ever seen. I'll see if we can get a picture to post.

Lola is such a cutey.
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 20 Sep 2011, 22:50

Oooh, i think Lola would fancy Jacob...

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 21 Sep 2011, 08:19

Lola looks lovely with all her toys, she looks like a little teddy bear herself. Leon is good with his toys too, but a succession of visitors and fosters have taken their toll.... I don't mind too much because it means we can buy him new ones.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

nicollf

Post by nicollf » 21 Sep 2011, 09:22

How gorgeous! Lottie loves her toys too but hers are all pulled to pieces and dirty. What's the secret to keeping them so clean?