Toileting question

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
1877debbie

Toileting question

Post by 1877debbie » 13 Nov 2011, 09:26

Just wondered if it's normal for Hendrix to suddenly have started cocking his leg when he goes for a wee? He's coming up to two and a half and has always squatted until this week :shock: x
Debbie & Hendrix

Anne Wozniak

Re: Toileting question

Post by Anne Wozniak » 13 Nov 2011, 09:41

awww he's just doing "big" boys things :)
I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, he'll be "christening" every lamp post he passes now :wink:

Bid

Post by Bid » 13 Nov 2011, 12:05

He must be a late developer! I have a friend who's rescue BC hasn't cocked his leg yet - he is 2 years. I'll tell her there is still hope for him :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 13 Nov 2011, 12:19

Our Springer Arri is coming up to 2 and still swots to wee.

see you in Dec Debbie.xx

watto

Post by watto » 13 Nov 2011, 12:29

I can't remember how old Charlie was when he first cocked his leg (he is 2 and a half now) but he just suddenly did it one day when at the park :lol: He still squats at home, but 99% of the time will cock his leg when out - as Anne says, on every tree/lamp post/rubbish bin... :lol:

Jo

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 13 Nov 2011, 15:18

Dexter is 4 years and still dosnt cock his leg, Archie is 3 and cocks once in a while but not often... Mir is a girl so hope she never does :lol: :lol:

Have to be honest, I like the fact they dont cock legs... do you know how many lamp posts and gate posts we have to pass before getting to the field, it would take hours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 13 Nov 2011, 16:43

Buddy only cocks his leg when hes off lead and out with his big bro Rossi, on his own he doesn't bother!

Have to be honest, I like the fact they dont cock legs... do you know how many lamp posts and gate posts we have to pass before getting to the field, it would take hours
Buddy has never been allowed to mark as he is only allowed to toilet on command whilst on lead (off lead he can do what he likes of course!). This is so that we can go out in public places, and none pet places without him upsetting anyone! However today we went to a local garden centre and outdoor shop and decided not to go out to the outside to see the christmas trees just incase :oops: :lol:
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

Bid

Post by Bid » 13 Nov 2011, 18:03

Dexter_Mir wrote:Dexter is 4 years and still dosnt cock his leg, Archie is 3 and cocks once in a while but not often... Mir is a girl so hope she never does :lol: :lol:
Daisy's sister Raggle cocks her leg sometimes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beamish always cocks his leg now - he is nearly 8 months old!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 13 Nov 2011, 18:41

jodieandbuddy wrote:Daisy's sister Raggle cocks her leg sometimes!
Dont tell me that women, cant have my little girl cocking her leg, how unlady like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rebecca0969

Post by rebecca0969 » 13 Nov 2011, 19:18

Noodles (16 mths) has recently started cocking one leg whilst squatting :P . I'm guessing it's the long wet grass she doesn't like. Can't think of any other reason
Rebecca and Noodles x

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 14 Nov 2011, 08:07

rebecca0969 wrote:Noodles (16 mths) has recently started cocking one leg whilst squatting :P . I'm guessing it's the long wet grass she doesn't like. Can't think of any other reason
Lizzies does this as well,she hates getting wee on her fur,she prefers to wee into water then a quick squat to wash off. :roll:

annej

Post by annej » 14 Nov 2011, 18:32

Otto still does both. I think he started cocking his leg occasionally when he was about 18 months.
When he is desperate just to relieve himself he squats, but on walks he mainly cocks his leg now!
I think cocking is more marking and squatting is more needing to go !!
Anne & Otto

stout

Post by stout » 14 Nov 2011, 22:50

Stout cocks his leg if he is weeing against a tree etc, but squats if the is nothing to wee against. He searches out long grass to wee on, and he also likes to squat pointing his bum downhill!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle