Dog owning can be tough at times :(

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Rowan11

Dog owning can be tough at times :(

Post by Rowan11 » 27 Mar 2012, 20:22

I feel really quite upset - not having a good week. firstly a friend of mine came round who has never warmed to Luna but yesterday was saying "UUUGHHH get off Dog" to luna who was simply trying to say hello and was shoving her away when she was trying to sniff her son ! (her son later started screaming when luna approached him - all because of his mum's attitude i believe).
Then today i was walking along the wirral way with a friend and luna went running up to a dog to say hello ! its owners were 2 grumpy old gits who started shouting at me to put my dog on a lead ! I said she's only saying hello and she's just a pup - i got quite a lot of verbal abuse then, fingers pointed at me, my friend was told to 'shut it' - i decided to walk away and they shouted at us to 'get a life' !!! I was totally shocked and felt so upset ! I did point out that luna was just being friendly and that this is where people come to let their dogs off the lead but they were having none of it. why do some old people need to be so rude :cry:
Dawn & Luna x

Alfieandlindsey

Re: Dog owning can be tough at times :(

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 27 Mar 2012, 20:31

Oh no poor u and poor Luna. Sending big licks from Alfie. Xxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

ArchieBoy

Post by ArchieBoy » 27 Mar 2012, 20:35

Aww Dawn, don't let the minority of ignorant people get you down. Some people really aren't happy unless they're moaning about something.

You enjoy your walks with Luna - she is just beautiful and as for your friend, tell her it is your AND Luna's house and not to shove her as she is only a puppy :)

Kirsty and Archie

ImageImage

Sarah R

Post by Sarah R » 27 Mar 2012, 20:39

You seem like a lovely lady, sounds like it's them who need to get a life. Don't let them get you down x

LakeDistrictDoodle

Post by LakeDistrictDoodle » 27 Mar 2012, 20:50

Because they feel the world owes them something....think nice thoughts.....soon they will be no more, lol
Me and Mummy

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 27 Mar 2012, 20:54

Oh Dawn, what a terrible week you’ve had :( . I too would have been upset about the old folks, some people just have no manners & are just awful. :x

Luna is a wonderful girl, how your friend couldn’t love her is beyond me :roll: . Maybe next time your at hers, you could accidently spill red wine on her carpet :lol: :lol: . (I’m so vindictive :wink: )

Hope you feeling less blue. just looking at Luna will make you feel better, she’s so sweet. :D
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 27 Mar 2012, 20:58

thank you everyone - when i seen your comments i welled up :cry: what lovely and supportive people on here :) ill be ok tomorrow. :)
Dawn & Luna x

Zetti Doodle

Post by Zetti Doodle » 27 Mar 2012, 20:58

Sending doodle licks and hugs to you and Luna, Dawn.....don't let it get to you, some people are idiots and not worthy of getting upset about :roll:
Mimi, Rossetti and Raphaella, the Spanish Water Dog x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

polarbeardoodle

Post by polarbeardoodle » 27 Mar 2012, 21:03

the old folks are obviously jealous that luna is such a beautiful ,freindly ,playful bundle of fluff and fun . :D :D
milo the doodleImage

Orla

Post by Orla » 27 Mar 2012, 21:04

I timing they are all just jealous because Luna is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Plus any normal dog owner would normally give puppies a by ball. Unlucky day.... You happened to meet grumps today.

Hugs and doodle love

Einstein and orla

Ps must fix this photo malarkey

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 27 Mar 2012, 21:23

Dont let them get you down.

Your friend should respect that Luna is a beautiful addition to your family and should be treated that way.

As for the grumpy oldies - we bumped into some on a doodle walk and they were so rude i was really shocked.

Have to believe in Karma - so you will be just fine :D

Hugs and doodle licks from Lara
Alison & Lara

polarbeardoodle

Post by polarbeardoodle » 27 Mar 2012, 21:39

it is such a shame when a "human" freind is not dog freindly because they can easily make a child scared of dogs which is a great loss. Most dogs are really good companions and play freinds for children .
milo the doodleImage

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 27 Mar 2012, 21:47

All Love Licks Hugs and Kisses are warmly received :D im feeling much better already :D

Polarbeardoodle - your milo looks just like my luna !! really uncanny !! xx :)
Dawn & Luna x

DottyDoodle

Post by DottyDoodle » 27 Mar 2012, 22:36

My heart goes out to u completely as i know the feeling so well. some other dog owners can b so far up their own behind that they really have lost the ability to enjoy life and remember the love and joy these little doodles bring us. mind u to be fair they r probably so miserable rhat they have no joy in their life.

U love ur Luna doodle Dawn and give her a big snuffle from Us.
Laura & Mossy-boy

(licks & doodle snuffles)

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 27 Mar 2012, 22:39

I like the saying the more I meet people the more I love my dog! :mrgreen: and it's sooo true.

When Dexter was a puppy and just learning he was friendly to everyone, and dogs and I got shouted at a couple of times, and Dexter was only saying hello. People can be miserable and rude but that's life.

And reference the friend, I think it should be a case of love me love my dog :wink: