Doodlefest

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Eric

Doodlefest

Post by Eric » 05 May 2012, 18:36

Hi

Just wondered if anyone is going to the Doodlefest in Stafford in July?

iceprincess10x

Re: Doodlefest

Post by iceprincess10x » 05 May 2012, 19:21

Yep I am was great last year!

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 05 May 2012, 20:45

Providing no one smashes into me this year them yes we will be too

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 05 May 2012, 21:17

pixie, jazz and I will be there - caravanning with Aunty Pat !!
It's my first one but can't wait
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 05 May 2012, 21:56

I'm camping for the first time this year (and the first time my dogs have ever camped) so should be interesting! :? We were wusses last year and stayed in the holiday inn!

cathjenkins

Post by cathjenkins » 05 May 2012, 23:51

Yeah, I was a Wussie Camper last year too..... (Wussies are those of us that stayed in hotels near by) and I was very happy to have a dog friendly hotel with clean sheets - hot shower and full breakfast served at 9am...
I hate camping, its a childhood nightmare from the past,,, I'm far too bloody old for that -- ok... the word precious comes to mind...... :oops: I should be embarrased to say it, but no way was I camping.... I like comfort.

We traveled from Scotland down to the Doodlefest, had no idea what to expect - thought we were gonna miss the fish n chip van due to 2 hours of extra traffic on the motorway, then we finally got there... Wow..
We had such a FANTASTIC weekend. I kid you not..... me, yes I, the one too precious to camp, the one who thinks camping and porta loo's are too freakin scary ..... well... I've bought a bloody tent.... :shock: a big one.... :roll: I've no idea how it goes up, or how to cook on a camping stove... I dont care.... I'm gonna bust my best to get there again this year. A little detail is that we've just sold our house (3 yrs of trying to sell the bugger) and we'll be moving from Scotland to Liverpool….THE WEEKEND BEFORE DOODLE FEST..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now all I have to do is convince 'him' that moving, (twice up and down with removal van, once with the car, then once with the motorbike) yep I've just got to say to Him that we need to get to the doodfest for a relaxing weekend... well, its only 150 mile from the new house. I've packed a box of camping bits and labeled it 'Doodfest'... I'm sure I can convince him that we will have such a ‘chilled time’ once we figured out the tent thingy.... wish me luck in pulling this off ice princess, it'll be great to see ya again
sorry this went on a bit.... note to self... dont drink G n' T's whilst online.... :oops: :oops:

MacIntosh....

A.K.A. Toshie Girl, Toshie Woshy, Tishy Tosh Tosh, Fluffy monster,
Posh Tosh or, 'Gerroff.. yer r'awl wet..'.

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 06 May 2012, 00:12

We'll be there agian too... but we are being wussies this year and staying in Penkridge for 2 nights (if we don't get thrown out on the first night!!)
Looking forward to it - hope the weather is as kind this year.
(Cath r u moving back to Formby?)

cathjenkins

Post by cathjenkins » 06 May 2012, 00:29

Hi - yes moving back to Formby - hope to go to any doode meets in August so please keep me posted if ya hear of any.... or we could meet at Formby beach anytime... :D :D

MacIntosh....

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 06 May 2012, 08:26

cathjenkins wrote:Yeah, I was a Wussie Camper last year too..... (Wussies are those of us that stayed in hotels near by) and I was very happy to have a dog friendly hotel with clean sheets - hot shower and full breakfast served at 9am...
I hate camping, its a childhood nightmare from the past,,, I'm far too bloody old for that -- ok... the word precious comes to mind...... :oops: I should be embarrased to say it, but no way was I camping.... I like comfort.

We traveled from Scotland down to the Doodlefest, had no idea what to expect - thought we were gonna miss the fish n chip van due to 2 hours of extra traffic on the motorway, then we finally got there... Wow..
We had such a FANTASTIC weekend. I kid you not..... me, yes I, the one too precious to camp, the one who thinks camping and porta loo's are too freakin scary ..... well... I've bought a bloody tent.... :shock: a big one.... :roll: I've no idea how it goes up, or how to cook on a camping stove... I dont care.... I'm gonna bust my best to get there again this year. A little detail is that we've just sold our house (3 yrs of trying to sell the bugger) and we'll be moving from Scotland to Liverpool….THE WEEKEND BEFORE DOODLE FEST..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now all I have to do is convince 'him' that moving, (twice up and down with removal van, once with the car, then once with the motorbike) yep I've just got to say to Him that we need to get to the doodfest for a relaxing weekend... well, its only 150 mile from the new house. I've packed a box of camping bits and labeled it 'Doodfest'... I'm sure I can convince him that we will have such a ‘chilled time’ once we figured out the tent thingy.... wish me luck in pulling this off ice princess, it'll be great to see ya again
sorry this went on a bit.... note to self... dont drink G n' T's whilst online.... :oops: :oops:
Cath we were wusses together in the holiday inn last year it's fab that you're also camping and moving back to Liverpool! Hope the move goes well x

Harvey Doodle

Post by Harvey Doodle » 06 May 2012, 08:55

We are coming up from Devon.

Only camping at the fest on the Saturday night as we are arriving in the Stafford area on Thursday, staying at a farm for a couple of nights.

Looking forward to meeting lots more doods.
Ken, Marion & Harvey
ImageImage

Eric

Post by Eric » 06 May 2012, 09:48

cathjenkins wrote:Yeah, I was a Wussie Camper last year too..... (Wussies are those of us that stayed in hotels near by) and I was very happy to have a dog friendly hotel with clean sheets - hot shower and full breakfast served at 9am...

This made me laugh so much!

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 06 May 2012, 16:06

It was our first time last year, we went with one dog and came home with two!! Intentional but not premeditated - Barb was handing out fosters. We are going this year, camping again, with our two dogs, and hoping that exponential dog increase won't happen this time.

I'd thoroughly recommend it, I can take or leave the showing bit, we don't do that sort of thing, but the fun of letting your doods run around with all the others is brilliant. And you can almost guarantee that your dog won't be the naughtiest - well someone's has to be but the odds are in your favour :lol: :lol:

Toshie - are you Molly Webb's Toshie? If so I remember meeting you briefly last year and thinking how privileged you must have been to be allowed a Webb pup since Lee wanted to keep the whole litter!
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

cathjenkins

Post by cathjenkins » 06 May 2012, 17:36

Hi Clairejen.... Yep we got Tosh from Lee, not only that but she and her hubby travelled up to the Doodfest last year with all of Toshie's brothers and sisters, her mum Molly and aunt .... hows that for a top lovin breeder. We got lots of snaps of all the doodle family together.. perfect... :D

I've just had a look through my pics of the fest last year but the pictures are too big to download... theres nice ones of all the tents and caravans and Doodes just everywhere all over the field with no one having to worrying about them, a huge field, lots of mad doodle dashes around the deck chairs - actually most of my pictures have wine bottles all around me.... dont wanna send out the wrong message.... dont think I'll post em after all.. :oops:

Yes Iceprincess, I have pics of us too at BBq time, I've no idea how to camp in a tent with a dog, dont think we'll get much sleep... :roll:
Liverbird.... Good for you flying the Wussies flag at your hotel.... if its really raining... be sure to expect some wet visitors in your nice warm hotel reception area.... near the bar anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MacIntosh....

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 07 May 2012, 06:42

yes....its close to us,really enjoyed last year.Great to meet up with forum friends.

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 07 May 2012, 07:49

Lees doodle were gorgeous and all so friendly! Cath I plan to let my boys sleep in the car I have a tailgate guard so can leave the boot u
P so they won't overheat. otherwise I'd have no sleep as bailey would make it his personal mission to escape taking my poorly constructed tent with him!