Smelly beard

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Telsun

Smelly beard

Post by Telsun » 23 May 2012, 20:22

Gracie has a rather fetching beard that we are keen to keep but when she tucks into something a bit smelly (tripe, sardines, etc) she carries the smell with her.

Is there any kind of doggy wipe or something to give her a quick freshen up?

Rowan11

Re: Smelly beard

Post by Rowan11 » 23 May 2012, 20:57

:lol: oh Gracie ! are you storing bits in your beard for later on ?
sorry no advice on wipes ! i would just use the fragrance free wipes that i use on my kids, other than that i dont know. good luck sorting out the smelly beard :D
Dawn & Luna x

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 23 May 2012, 21:01

You can get wipes for dogs/cats, but we find a wet flannel is just as good (their own flannel not ours of course :D )
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 23 May 2012, 21:51

Dillondood wrote:You can get wipes for dogs/cats, but we find a wet flannel is just as good (their own flannel not ours of course :D )
Yes,yes keep telling yourself that ...but how can you be sure ?! :shock: :lol:

elainendexter

Post by elainendexter » 23 May 2012, 22:15

i cut dexters short ,cause i noticed it did smell and i thought of the bacterior hanging around hes mouth,i also wash hes face in the sink when im having a wash.
Image this is when grandaughter put dexter some platts in.

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 23 May 2012, 22:16

Same as Dillondood we use a wet flannel for Wurly :D . It’s kept in the kitchen so no chance of us accidently using it :lol: . good luck :D
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 23 May 2012, 22:51

I use the dog wipes from Pets at home. Handy for all sorts of emergencies :roll:
Alison & Lara

Bid

Post by Bid » 23 May 2012, 23:56

I was never too worried about it, but as Daisy has got older she has developed quite a skin fold in her lower lip which si where saliva gathers, so she gets two streaks of badly stained hair one either side of her mouth. This didn't worry me overly although I would prefer them not to be there, but recently she has had a skin infection there (skin fold pyoderma - it's quite common if you google it!), so the vet has advised us trim the hair there, and shampoo her chin regularly. In between shampoos we are wiping her with malsetic wipes, which are anti-bacterial, so should deal with any potential smells too.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

sandyandbeanie

Post by sandyandbeanie » 24 May 2012, 09:36

You could try a dry shampoo? I keep Sandys chin trimmed as she does a great impression of a wallowing hippo if she sees a muddy puddle before I do. :lol: Makes it easier to clean her up.
xx Beanie and Sandy xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandy at Dymchurch beach by sabinaswithenbank, on Flickr

Tili

Post by Tili » 24 May 2012, 09:42

Hi,

Ive just posted a link to a fab dog soap, just seen this thread and thought it would be great kept with a flannel and you could wet the flannel and rub a bit of the soap on it, the tea tree would be great for skin conditions too.
I'll post link below...

http://www.beauboutique.org/#/pet-soaps/4564453843

Telsun

Post by Telsun » 24 May 2012, 16:44

Thanks for all the suggestions.

We tried a wet wipe earlier but as prdicted she thought that it looked like a great thing to grab and run around the house with! We're going to try a flannel but I think it maybe a two man job! :)

I'll check the links posted, a dry shampoo does sound like it would do the trick.

Thanks again

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 24 May 2012, 20:52

as Daisy has got older she has developed quite a skin fold in her lower lip which si where saliva gathers, so she gets two streaks of badly stained hair one either side of her mouth. This didn't worry me overly although I would prefer them not to be there, but recently she has had a skin infection there (skin fold pyoderma - it's quite common if you google it!),
Thanks for posting this, as Bud got older he was exactly the same. I shave his muzzle short but you can often still see a slight bit of browny fur that sticks out of his skin fold (where he drools from :oops: :lol: ) so I will definately google that and find out a bit more!! Hopefully with his shaved muzzle it is less likely :) :)

Hope you find what your after Telsun, I tried a few things before opting for shaving but once I got used to his shaved muzzle I fell in love :)
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

muffinhead

Post by muffinhead » 25 May 2012, 16:59

We just use wet wipes on Casper's beard :lol:
Sarah