dried pigs ears.

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Mollysmom

dried pigs ears.

Post by Mollysmom » 04 May 2014, 17:18

I bought some pigs ears for the dogs to chew. They like them allot more than rawhide. The only problem I'm having is that Molly can chew hers up and have it gone in 20minates. I usually break a small peice off of the ear for Charlie andTaz then give the biggest peice to Molly. Charlie and Taz will chew on theirs for hour. But not Molly. Boy can the chew .Oh well at least it keeps her buzy for a couple minates.

suebedo

Re: dried pigs ears.

Post by suebedo » 04 May 2014, 17:27

Wow! 20 minutes :shock: :shock:

Fozzie snuffled one in P@H while my back was turned and I just saw the last crumbs being hoovered up.

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 04 May 2014, 18:33

Scooby loves pigs ears and it is gone in 10 mins max! :o
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 May 2014, 18:34

suebedo wrote:Fozzie snuffled one in P@H while my back was turned and I just saw the last crumbs being hoovered up.
suebedo,
Howdya know it was just one?? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne & Ianto x

rubybenronan1

Post by rubybenronan1 » 04 May 2014, 18:45

Hiya,,
I have just got Nell some chews from Pooch and company. I have been researching chews etc, i found that some of them are toxic. The ones i purchased from pooch and company are 100% natural. They have a vast array of food, treats ect.........maybe worth a look/

xxx

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 May 2014, 20:07

I always keep an eye on Ianto and when he gets down to the 'nub end', take it away, just in case he tries to swallow it whole...
Anne & Ianto x

Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom » 04 May 2014, 21:00

I would say pigs ears are pretty natural they are actally pigs ears dehydrated how much more natueral can you get you just cant give them to many they are very rich apperently but they are a good chew and the dogs love them. Charlie actully turned down a peice of chicken because he was to busy with his pigs ear they must be good.

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 05 May 2014, 06:59

Mine can demolish a pig's ear in About two minutes flat... They must be awful nice!

Sue, Fozzie was trying to make you a silk purse, bless him...

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 05 May 2014, 08:43

Emptying the purse without authority more like!!!!! At least I confessed when I got to the till :oops:

Bid

Post by Bid » 05 May 2014, 08:53

Interesting article about chews here, esp the bit about pigs ears being the popular site for hormone injections ... http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... =510792368
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

rubybenronan1

Post by rubybenronan1 » 05 May 2014, 12:08

Hi Bid,

Thank you for finding this article, it was the one that prompted me to post on the subject earlier,,,,,,,,,couldnt find it, so couldnt comment further.

It was driving me nuts, i knew i had seen it somewhere

take care
claire
xx

Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom » 05 May 2014, 15:40

Thats a good artical. We have a store that only sells organic products. Its actually a organic super market. Its right in the middle of all the farm land. I shop there so I know the pigs ears I get are safe.I guess if you live in the city they may be harder to find. The reasons I started shopping organic in the first place was because of all the hormones they put it our foods. My youngest daughterr started going through pup
Berty at nine years old. Way to young still very much a baby herself. Decided then that regular meats and vvegetables can't be healthy.

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 05 May 2014, 22:34

Thanks for the link Bid. I too had read various 'things' about rawhide and couldn't place it again.

What other things do folks give their dogs to chew??
I do raw knuckle type bones every so often , they love them ( the sheer blissful look in their eyes afterwards is enough for me to keep buying) but they can crunch through that hard bone and so I despair about their teeth wearing down to quickly as missy already has 'tennis ball' teeth.
Rack of lamb ribs but that is more a meal I always think
Antler chews and more recently the softer fallow deer antlers but those disappear :shock: teeny bit to quickly considering £15 a piece.

So wondered what else others give if not the odd rawhide?

Bid

Post by Bid » 06 May 2014, 00:27

I get my food from Manifold Valley Meats, and they have a really good range of chews. Currently my doods are enjoying ducks feet and beef trachea chunks. :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 06 May 2014, 17:42

Bid wrote:Currently my doods are enjoying ducks feet and beef trachea chunks.
Can't quite see myself getting either of those items out of my bag at the local pub, Bid....! :roll:
Anne & Ianto x