Rain and Doodlefest

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
thepadster

Rain and Doodlefest

Post by thepadster » 06 Jul 2012, 22:35

I don't want to be a worry wart but Paddy, OH and me are are all hugely looking forward to the "fest" but can't help wondering should the weather continue as it has been how it will affect the doodle weekend. Being wussies we are booked into a hotel which may turn out to be a blessing.

But rain or shine the padster will be there with his humans in tow :?
ImageImage

sandyandbeanie

Re: Rain and Doodlefest

Post by sandyandbeanie » 07 Jul 2012, 12:16

If it rains we will get wet, but in true British fashion I am sure we will have just as much fun! We are camping though, so my optimism may be short lived once tent, dog and inhabitants are all soaked through!

Guess we all better start doing to sunshine dance!
xx Beanie and Sandy xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandy at Dymchurch beach by sabinaswithenbank, on Flickr

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 07 Jul 2012, 14:59

thepadster wrote:I don't want to be a worry wart but Paddy, OH and me are are all hugely looking forward to the "fest" but can't help wondering should the weather continue as it has been how it will affect the doodle weekend. Being wussies we are booked into a hotel which may turn out to be a blessing.

But rain or shine the padster will be there with his humans in tow :?

What hotel are you booked into? A few of us are in the Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House. It might be called Doodle House by next weekend :lol:

TREACLE

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 07 Jul 2012, 16:25

doodle owners are a hardy breed (with the associated required sense of humour too) - what ever the weather we'll have a great time - mind you I'm semi wussie camping in a caravan so I can be a bit more optimistic can't I ??? :lol:
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 07 Jul 2012, 17:44

We are a hardy breed :D ............................................. Although not so much me, as I'm only visiting for the day on Saturday. :wink:
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

stout

Post by stout » 07 Jul 2012, 20:29

Some of the doodles have probably been doing a rain dance!

We were going to be borrowing my dads caravan, but there was a mix up on dates and dad is off to france that weekend, so we are now booked into the same hotel as treacle and the others! So we will be woosies too!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 07 Jul 2012, 20:53

We are also being wussies but may regret my choice - I have booked a cottage next to a fishing lake!!! :shock:
Alison & Lara

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 08 Jul 2012, 10:16

We are also at the Mercure Stafford! Sounds as though it will be a noisy night, doodles howling and barking! (Well, mine will anyway :P )

Has anyone ordered breakfast? We didn't because I didn't know what we'd do with the dogs and if it had been sunny (yeah.. I know... it was a long time ago when we booked it! :roll: ) we couldn't have left them in the car.

To answer the original question ... what will happen if it rains is that the doodles will roll each other over in the mud, then they will jump all over us, possibly knocking us over too. Some of them will lie on their backs and wallow in it like piggies, then we will add another category to the show on Saturday - "Dirtiest Doodle" :P
Jean & Bella xxx

stout

Post by stout » 08 Jul 2012, 12:01

We have ordered breakfast Jean, I guess we will just do 'shifts' if need be. Its hard to keep chris from a fry up!

As for the noise, its stouts birthday on sunday, let's hope he doesn't try to organise a party on sunday night!

Hope our rooms are fairly easy to get to with a muddy dood, must remember the doggy shampoo!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 08 Jul 2012, 15:10

we're setting up a tent but only camping if the weather is okay, just going home if its wet and soggy as we only live just down the road :D

Buddy will probably win muddiest doodle :roll: he likes to roll in puddles!

So excited to meet everyone at doodle fest :D :D
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

elainendexter

Post by elainendexter » 08 Jul 2012, 15:23

We went away for the weekend ,and i too were dreading it cause of rain fri ,but got there late around 8 and set up caravan ,and yesterday and today have been great just one ,.we are shower yesterday.Its been another great weekend with the rally ,we are british and dont let the rain spoil things ,or you would never do much at all.just bring wellys rain macs and plenty of towels for the dogs.I do hope the weather is ok for the dogs more then anything.
Image this is when grandaughter put dexter some platts in.

Anne Wozniak

Post by Anne Wozniak » 09 Jul 2012, 09:08

we've had a lovely sunny weekend so we're really hoping for sunshine next w/end :D

just wondering if anyone is staying at the Littleton Arms :?:

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 09 Jul 2012, 22:56

We're at the Mercure aswell.....Could be in for a hectic weekend :shock:

stout

Post by stout » 10 Jul 2012, 20:24

Ooh that might be confusing after a couple of sherries - bella, stellar and stout look very similar! They managed to confuse chris last year!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 10 Jul 2012, 22:30

stout wrote:Ooh that might be confusing after a couple of sherries - bella, stellar and stout look very similar! They managed to confuse chris last year!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jean & Bella xxx