Do they make glow in the dark doodles?!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
hollyminidoodle

Do they make glow in the dark doodles?!

Post by hollyminidoodle » 03 Oct 2012, 21:17

So, as the nights draw in and its getting colder by the day, I'm wondering how on earth one is supposed to spot a black doodle on an evening walk if not directly under a street light?!

Do any of your use one of those collars with a light in it, or a dangly thing that lights up and attaches to the normal collar etc so that you can still spot them if they wander off from you? Also - have you ever used a lighted ball- Holly is ball obsessed so I'd like one I can use in the dark but even last night we lost one because her human couldn't stop it in the dark long grass!

Any recommendations of collars/ lights/ glow in the dark goodies appreciated :D

Thanks all,
Katie & Holly doodle

Bid

Re: Do they make glow in the dark doodles?!

Post by Bid » 03 Oct 2012, 21:21

Beamish has a leuchtie collar - it is brilliant! http://www.leuchtie.co.uk/
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 03 Oct 2012, 21:26

http://www.oneclickpets.co.uk/accessori ... tAod1B0AuA

We got one of these. Just to use on late nights :D . I like the idea of a light-up ball, but Wurls likes to chew them so I'd be a bit worried about that :? . I'll keep an eye on this post see if anyone comes up with any good ideas about balls. :D

Ohhh I've just seen Bids post.........................................I really like them :D :D , very cool 8) . Might just have to get Wurls one them :mrgreen:
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

benacus

Post by benacus » 03 Oct 2012, 21:50

Kizzy has an LED collar from the Range that you can change the settings on, e.g. flashing or continuous.. it was very cheap and worked well though could be obscured by fur if it is very long.
Helen and Kizzy x

marlborough

Post by marlborough » 03 Oct 2012, 21:57

We just use a normal (human) head torch for Pepsi - with the stretchy elastic band bit that supposed to go round your head - goes round her neck (over her coller) , I can see the dog and she can also see where she's going!!

Niandsa

Post by Niandsa » 03 Oct 2012, 22:34

Poppy has just got a reflective hi vis fleece harness and collar from here.

http://www.fleecedogharnesses.co.uk/sho ... harnesses/

They really show up with a torch or car headlights. And they are very comfortable with the fleece. :)
ImageImage
Poppy and Rosie

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 04 Oct 2012, 00:06

Just got this for Paddy from Petgear which is good in dim light but I think a flashing collar is a good idea. Will be measuring Pads head tomorrow :)
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 04 Oct 2012, 00:26

I was trying to figure out how to take a photos of Beam in his collar, but failed :roll: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 04 Oct 2012, 07:51

Aww, Paddy really is a beautiful dog!!

SallyV

Post by SallyV » 04 Oct 2012, 09:41

In our local Poundland shop they do reflective collars for dogs. I've just bought one for Inka as I can't see her when she goes out in the garden in the evening. As there are some outside lights she shows up really well! Actually there are some quite good things in Poundland for dogs. I bought a puppy collar and lead that I know she'll grow out of but it was only a pound so not much lost there! They do those cheap blankets and various toys and even the rawhide chews are only a pound and the ones in the supermarket are £1.75 and I can't see any difference in them. However, there are some very strange looking things that I wouldn't buy! Worth a look anyway.
Sally, Effie and Inka

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 04 Oct 2012, 10:35

SallyV wrote:In our local Poundland shop they do reflective collars for dogs. I've just bought one for Inka as I can't see her when she goes out in the garden in the evening. As there are some outside lights she shows up really well! Actually there are some quite good things in Poundland for dogs. I bought a puppy collar and lead that I know she'll grow out of but it was only a pound so not much lost there! They do those cheap blankets and various toys and even the rawhide chews are only a pound and the ones in the supermarket are £1.75 and I can't see any difference in them. However, there are some very strange looking things that I wouldn't buy! Worth a look anyway.
Sally, Effie and Inka
I did read a warning on rawhide chews recently... Completely forgot to put it on the forum
If you feed your dogs rawhide chew treats BEWARE some have been found to contain tiny silver balls which have turned out to be lead!! This will cause liver failure, so far they have been found in the shoe shaped chews form B&M bargains please take care with all rawhide treats!

Cate

Post by Cate » 04 Oct 2012, 10:52

My lot have the flashing lights, which I got from the Pound Shop, looks strange watching 4 red flashing lights racing round the fields, can still see them in the undergrowth. They also come with extra batteries

Rose Fletcher

Post by Rose Fletcher » 04 Oct 2012, 14:47

We got a high viz coat/jacket for Izzy from Pets at Home and appropriately renamed her High Viz Izz :wink:

came2dance

Post by came2dance » 04 Oct 2012, 15:47

I bought a flashing collar for Muffin this morning from TK Max
The brand is Rosewood and all sizes were £4.99.
Lesley & Muffin

dexter14

Post by dexter14 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:57

My friend gave me a flex lead which had a torch on he top which you can take off aswell great for when we are camping and he goes out for a wee ,can see where he is then.
]Image