waterproof dog walking jacket

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
JudeinPlymouth

waterproof dog walking jacket

Post by JudeinPlymouth » 05 Oct 2012, 09:31

Morning :D

having had water seep through the seems of my jacket yesterday in the rain, I realise I need a new waterproof jacket for taking the boys out (it is about 8 years old!). I have thin non lined Northface one which is OK in drizzle but it sits on my hips so in pouring rain my bottom half gets soaked. I have huge long thick parker style jacket that is very snuggly and warm for really cold dry days (not that we get many of them in Plymouth :lol: :lol: ) So I need a longer, waterproof coat with a bit of warmth in it......

..... I've had some major expenses this last month so I only have a small budget :( :( :(

Has anyone seen any jackets that fit that description anywhere? Within reason I don't care what it looks like so long as it keeps me dry!
ImageImage

Niandsa

Re: waterproof dog walking jacket

Post by Niandsa » 05 Oct 2012, 10:07

Hi, I have just bought a Target Dry Outback coat. It is very waterproof, windproof, full length and a bargain at less than £50! :D

http://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/target_dry.htm

I have it in Aubergine along with the matching hat! It might not be the most fashionable but it is certainly very practical and keeps me warm and dry. It has a lining for warmth and a detachable hood. I would highly recommend it! :P
ImageImage
Poppy and Rosie

stout

Post by stout » 05 Oct 2012, 10:36

I brought one from Cotton traders

http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/jackets+ ... t/ad10776/

I got it in the sale, so was £30, I got the mens version (only coz the ladies wasnt in the sale and I am a cheapskate!)

I also have the same Target dry hat as Niandsa, and its fab.
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 05 Oct 2012, 11:45

Yes can agree = smashing coats in either 3/4 or full length - not tried the hat though - that's next !!
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 05 Oct 2012, 13:07

Do the Target coats flare out over the hips ? - I'm fed up of having coats that are too big on the shoulders and having sleeves folded back a zillion times just so I can fasten it up around my generous backside !!!
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 05 Oct 2012, 18:04

Go to TK Maxx - OH and I have both got expensive, completely waterproof, windproof but breathable (you need them breathable on dog walks) coats from there at a fraction of the price of anywhere else.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 05 Oct 2012, 21:50

yes TK max is probably a good place to start. i got a northface parka last winter - i know they are really expensive but i got mine off ebay from America so got it for half the price :)
Dawn & Luna x

stuartolds

Post by stuartolds » 05 Oct 2012, 22:27

Liz! wrote:Go to TK Maxx
I second that! Last night I was out in raging wind and rain, and came home warm and dry, thanks to a wonderfully waterproof and warm ski jacket I bought from TKMaxx.
Image Image

JeanY

Post by JeanY » 06 Oct 2012, 00:52

I've been wearing the cheap stockman's coat i bought from Cotton Traders when I was last in UK all through this winter and it's been great.

Just wish I could buy things there from overseas.

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 06 Oct 2012, 08:33

They're opening a Cotton Traders near me - we could always have an arrangement as long as you wouldn't mind postage costs all the way to you!

JudeinPlymouth

Post by JudeinPlymouth » 09 Oct 2012, 11:28

Thanks everyone :D :D :D

I have purple/aubergine wellies so a matching coat would be cool... but off to rummage in TKMaxx first!
ImageImage

stuartolds

Post by stuartolds » 09 Oct 2012, 12:00

JudeinPlymouth wrote:......but off to rummage in TKMaxx first!

If you ever see a very tall, bald man in there, with a brightly coloured parrot on is shoulder, that'll be me :lol:
Image Image

JudeinPlymouth

Post by JudeinPlymouth » 09 Oct 2012, 12:06

stuartolds..... I think I would remember if I'd ever seen you, but I'll keep my eyes peeled :D :D :D
ImageImage

stuartolds

Post by stuartolds » 09 Oct 2012, 12:18

JudeinPlymouth wrote:stuartolds..... I think I would remember if I'd ever seen you, but I'll keep my eyes peeled :D :D :D
If I don't actually have the parrot with me (in the rain), no doubt there'll be parrot poop down my back :lol:

Me and my little entourage of different pets are quite well-known around Plymouth now, since I walk everywhere with them.

Actually, I only go into town on a Friday (even though I only live less than 15 minutes walk away, near Laira Bridge), and make it a morning out for the dogs and parrot ...... TKMaxx, secondhand shops, and Les Jardins de Bagatelle (coffee for me and biscuits for the dogs, fruit from the nearby fruit stand for Arty). Arty the parrot likes Debenhams best, cos he gets to wolf-whistle at all the young girls at the makeup counters and shouts out that he loves them :lol:
Image Image