Grooming, book and tool recommendations please

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Phoebe11

Grooming, book and tool recommendations please

Post by Phoebe11 » 14 Dec 2012, 12:38

Phoebe & Darcy went for their xmas "fur dos" yesterday Phoebe looks awful although to be fair to the groomer I did say I didn't want her shaved so she spent 4 hours removing matts, shaved her bum and other bits.
After talking to OH he is buying me a grooming table for xmas and I have looked for a book on labradoodle grooming Both of which are ASDs so any recommendations on books and scissors etc would be really really welcome thanks.
Jo
Jo, Phoebe & Darcy

Bid

Re: Grooming, book and tool recommendations please

Post by Bid » 14 Dec 2012, 14:41

I had a day's training on how to groom Poppy, and the groomer recommended this book ...... http://www.groomers-online.com/product. ... -of-5-book, which I found very useful. I also got these from Groomers ..... x GR770, 7 Inch Groomers Elite Straight Short Handled Scissors , and some Andis 2-speed clippers with some combs. I already had some round end scissors for her face and delicate parts. The table is the best bit though - what a fab christmas present!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

SallyV

Re: Grooming, book and tool recommendations please

Post by SallyV » 14 Dec 2012, 16:08

Really useful info. Thanks for that. I'm hopefully having a grooming table etc too and so this post has come just at the right time!

Thank you!

Sally, Effie and Inka