Friend for WES

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Nimitor

Friend for WES

Post by Nimitor » 25 Mar 2013, 22:54

Hi, haven't visited here for a while :oops: Thinking of getting a companion for Wes , who is now 2. Any thoughts as to if it should be another doodle, a puppy, rescue dog , male, female ?? Wes is now a very lovely, well behaved boy. Love to hear your advice and opinions x x

Bid

Re: Friend for WES

Post by Bid » 26 Mar 2013, 01:19

Hi there - a doggy friend sound just the job! I went boy, girl, girl, boy, and never had a problem, so if that is anything to go by the sex doesn't matter - that was with puppies though so the doods could educate as they saw fit!

Do let us know what you go for :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 26 Mar 2013, 09:01

yes yes yes go for it
I have two girls who adore each other inspite of some quite rowdy rough and tumble but absolutely NO aggression.
I have also in the past had two boys together and one boy and girl and never had problems with any combination - I would only aviod puppies from the same litter but that is not the case here.
I currently have a standard (pixie) and a miniature (Jazz) and they are a great combination and what Jazz lacks in size she definately makes up for in cheek, character, tenacity and cute factor.
Having had two and three dogs together I would never only have one dog again - they still adore their hoomans but also have a furry buddy too
Keep us updated
kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 26 Mar 2013, 09:51

As you are now an experienced Doodle owner (yes, everyone, you can survive the puppy and teenage days and come out the other side :P ) and Wes looks a glorious, scruffy boy, you clearly are just right for taking on another Doodle...

However...

please may I make a plea that, if your circumstances allow, you don't go for a cutesy puppy from a breeder but give a chance to a scruffy Doodle who is in need of rescue, often because people believe all the hokum about the allergy friendly Doodle :twisted:

Someone who knows and understands the ways of bonkers Doodles makes for the best new owner of a Dood down on it's luck.

Please think about it. Puppies are lovely but there is nothing so satisfying as knowing your adored second dog has progressed beyond recognition because of the love, care and training you have given him or her. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 26 Mar 2013, 13:56

It's YES from us. :mrgreen:
Now your experienced in the 'Doodle way' as Mrs. admin said there are lots of young doods out there waiting to be rescued. :D
But I understand the lure of a puppy, they are just too cute for words. :D
Good luck whatever route you choose.
Wes is such handsome boy. :D
Nicky
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image