Dog surveillance camera?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jaybz

Dog surveillance camera?

Post by Jaybz » 26 Apr 2013, 17:57

Hi,
I'd really love to know how Bella is when she's in her crate alone, and eventually, how she is when left alone out of the crate.

Does anyone use doggie monitors? Could you suggest an affordable one? I'd ideally like one that can be viewed remotely via my iphone...

Doodle Dee

Re: Dog surveillance camera?

Post by Doodle Dee » 26 Apr 2013, 19:43

Im glad someone asked that question - I would love to see Lulu wondering around if she is bored or just sleeping?
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 26 Apr 2013, 20:15

Maria fitted one for her dogs, if you are on the LT facebook page, post on there, she will see it, not sure if she comes on here x

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 26 Apr 2013, 21:08

I left my ipad running on video when I went out yesterday to see what Murphy did. He whined a bit, barked twice then went upstairs, I could hear him wandering around (he's not allowed up there!) then came down and settled by the front door until we got home.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alfitil

Post by Alfitil » 26 Apr 2013, 21:32

We have a wireless camera installed in our kitchen which is operated by us while we are at work, me and OH work together, by using the iPhone it has proved to very useful,finding out that Tilly was being sick and then eating it,even though she seemed fine before we left for work, also watching them play being naughty,you know what I mean normal doodle antics, it cost me about £40 of eBay and the quality is pretty good :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 26 Apr 2013, 22:30

What was used for Stout-cam? It provide a lot of entertainment - I remember that much :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

stout

Post by stout » 28 Apr 2013, 16:04

Stoutcam is a webcam. The make is 'fosscam', it wasn't too expensive (can't quite remember how much). We used to log in our our laptop from bed whenever we heard a bang, the picture is quite good.

I will try to get Chris to repost the infamous parrot 'episode' :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 28 Apr 2013, 17:42

Yes- we have had Tessy-cam from the day we brought her home. We haven't got it set up to watch away from home but used it when she was in her pen when she was tiny and it worked in the dark so you can see her at night.

We used to check she was ok and could see if she was awake and waiting by the door for a wee in the morning. If you hear a thud you can look and see what she's up to.

Its hilarious when she was doing something naughty and you shout "Tessy! No!". The look on her face :shock: as doods as you all know, are clever enough to realise that you shouldn't be able to see them and thought that they where up to no good in secret.

Very useful in the don't jump up on the worktop fight which we seem to have won.

Highly recommend for peace of mind and entertainment purposes!
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Apr 2013, 18:17

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want one now!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 28 Apr 2013, 18:21

Me too! :D
ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 28 Apr 2013, 18:33

Me three! :lol:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 28 Apr 2013, 18:56

One of my friends leaves Skype running on her laptop so that she can log in and make sure her dog is ok whilst she is at work. I can't get it to work! I've downloaded Skype onto my mobile, and have left my ipad out on the side so that it can video Murphy, but am not sure what to do next, does anyone know, or use this method?

Thought it might be quite interesting if I could also talk to him, or tell him not to do something through the Skype link, although this might freak him out a bit! :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 28 Apr 2013, 23:24

Chris here....

Following on from Michelle's email we have 2 Foscam wireless IP cameras.

Technology doesn't stand still, so our model has been superseded, but in the new line-up the nearest model is this one:
http://foscam.co.uk/products/foscam-fi8 ... ra-21.html

I bought mine on ebay, but there are a lot of erm..... disreputable retailers selling this kind of stuff, so if I was buying again I think I'd buy direct from the UK shop on the link above. £55 delivered. They're not the best cameras out there - not HD - but then you're not paying much and for the purposes of spying on your dog they'll do the trick. I decided how much I wanted to spend to preserve the lounge furniture and these fitted the budget.

The version we had was pretty useless for sound - all interference so we couldn't use the sound and ended up buying a wireless mic for another £20!

The pan and tilt is pretty slow and hit and miss too, so unless you need to pan and tilt, you might be better off spending a bit more for a better fixed ip camera. Also, if there is a power cut our camera will reset to looking directly ahead - after about a minute of panning and tilting around for no real reason. Using the interface takes a while to reset where it is looking to the correct place.

On to the link to stoutwatch....
http://youtu.be/qn_tUWcOLH4

We heard the noises and looked at the webcam feed to see Stout pulling the rug under the parrot cage. So we shouted down and voila, Stout returns to his bed, readjusts his halo and gets ready to attempt to convince the hoomans that he would never do such a thing and it must have been the parrot moving his own cage!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle