Fake grass

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
brucey doodle

Fake grass

Post by brucey doodle » 28 Apr 2013, 10:57

Hi can anyone on here recommend a company that fit artificial lawns for your garden in the Chester area. I know some people have had this done due to their doodles ruining the garden dashing about so any info would be great cheers X
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Jess' Mum

Re: Fake grass

Post by Jess' Mum » 28 Apr 2013, 11:14

I know someone who had this done because their dog had also made a mess of their lawn but after a couple of years had to have it replaced because it stunk of dog pee!

brucey doodle

Post by brucey doodle » 28 Apr 2013, 11:21

They don't really do there wees on the bit I want doing. It's more because I've got the two doodles they chase each other and have churned the lawn up (crazy pooches)

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 28 Apr 2013, 11:24

It isn't sanitary as a dog elimination area - because bacteria doesn't break down in the normal way as on grass.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Alfitil

Post by Alfitil » 28 Apr 2013, 11:56

We had the same problem with our garden, two mad doodle racing around like race horses we ended up with a 75x40 foot garden being a mud bath, drastic action was need so now we have a fabulous and practicle lookalike Brighton pebble beach for a garden (even though it was back breaking work) but because Alfie will only wee on grass we have a 8x8 artificial grass area which was laid on concrete and all I do is throw buckets of disinfectant down as needed I can now put the mop away as my kitchen finally stays mud free :D and yes they do run around on the pebbles

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 28 Apr 2013, 12:32

We initially got our artificial grass down for my son as he has multiple disabilities and struggles to walk on real grass but must admit it has been a godsend with having the dogs too. No mud getting trailed through the house and they don't wee on it much but my hubby frequently puts disinfectant down and gets the Karcher on it just in case, but we've never had a problem with it tbh.

We have the very thin type though so I suppose that's a bit easier than the thicker more realistic looking grass. x

Roxwell

Post by Roxwell » 28 Apr 2013, 13:08

I have artificial grass and it's fantastic. I've never had any problems with smells emanating from it due to dog wee/poop but you could always give it a spray with dog friendly disinfectant - I had LazyLawn and they said lots of people for do that with theirs.

brucey doodle

Post by brucey doodle » 28 Apr 2013, 14:16

Thanks Roxwell ill have a look at lazy lawn :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Apr 2013, 14:38

There are some fab photos from Kirstie of her artificial lawn here .... http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... cial+grass
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ben

Post by Ben » 28 Apr 2013, 15:34

I've had Lazy Lawn down for nearly 3years now and it is fabulous and well worth it. Yes it will and does smell, more in the Summer when there is less rain, but all you need to do is get Zoflora and a powerwash Karcher thing and hey bingo, nice fresh grass again.