Raw Food suppliers

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Clair&Bob

Raw Food suppliers

Post by Clair&Bob » 16 May 2013, 10:18

I know I don't post very often but I lurk every day!

There seems to be a lot of talk about raw food suppliers at the moment and Manifold Valey Meats have been mentioned quite regularly.

I have been using them for a couple of months and having nothing but praise for them! Bob is allergic to chicken (quite badly) and I have struggled to find a reasonably priced supplier who doesn't put chicken in everything!

MVM offer a huge range of products and I can get a variety that include bone in the mix (a massive bonus for me as I have a 5 year old so I won't give raw meaty bones).

On their recommendation I tried the minced turkey carcass to see if he got a reaction to that (I was worried he would be allergic to all poultry) and he's been fine :D :D .

His diet is so varied now compared to pre MVM (he was eating fish based orijen with minced lamb which he ate because he had to - definitely not because he wanted to!)

His poo's are back to normal now and he's back to eating with gusto :P

I am very lucky that they are local to me as Posh Paws (also based in Leek) will deliver MVM products to me weekly so storage isn't an issue.

Cost wise they charge around 80p for a pound of product (it comes in large sausage like rolls). One roll does Bob for a day so I think it's a bargain!

Just thought I'd add my experience of this company as they've saved me a huge headache!!

Clair xx
Clair & Bob

Bid

Re: Raw Food suppliers

Post by Bid » 16 May 2013, 10:40

I had a bit of a mare with my first order from them last week. They have a good range of food and I'd ordered some with bone and some without to get the right mix, but they sent me a whole box of tripe instead which was no use to me, and as they only deliver to my area once a month I had to bin it and get food elsewhere. I hope it was just a one-off glitch and will give them another go, but I can't store food for three standard doodles to las t a month so I will have to use other suppliers as well.

SO that you can be sure youget the right number of bone-free meals and bone-in meals, there is a breakdown of the bone percentges on MVM meat here if you use facebook .... https://www.facebook.com/notes/manifold ... 3981515818
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

McDoodle

Post by McDoodle » 17 May 2013, 00:24

I can buy MVM products from a pet shop so storeage is not a problem for me. I buy a weeks worth at a time. What weight is your doodle? I am now concerned that I might be over feeding. Harvey is 35.80 kg.

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 17 May 2013, 05:56

Bob is only 17kg - sorry if I gave you a scare!
:shock: :lol:
Clair
Clair & Bob