Water from condenser tumble dryers

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
eileenandmolly

Water from condenser tumble dryers

Post by eileenandmolly » 07 Jun 2013, 19:31

I now have a condenser tumble dryer (collects all the water in a tray-like container - and there's a lot of it :shock: ) I'm going to get a water butt (I moved house a few months ago and this is next task on the looong list!!) - I plan to put the tumbler water in there as well as rain water, and use it on the garden. Any thoughts as to whether there is any harmful residue of eg fabric conditioner that might harm plants? And would it harm my girlies if they drank from it, do you think?
Ei, Molly and Saffie

SallyV

Re: Water from condenser tumble dryers

Post by SallyV » 07 Jun 2013, 20:10

Hello Eileen and Molly,
I've one of these tumble dryers too and I use the water that's collected in my steam iron as the water has effectively been distilled. I live in a hard water area and this is brilliant for the longevity of my iron...and much much cheaper than the stuff from the shops. Just a thought!
Sally, Effie and Inka

Madeleine

Re: Water from condenser tumble dryers

Post by Madeleine » 07 Jun 2013, 22:32

Hi, I have a condenser tumble dryer and pour the water straight onto the garden.
Haven't noticed any problems with the plants If anything the bed I throw it on is thriving.
You could always use a watering can to store the water separately if unsure.
ImageImage