Pick up your doodles doos....

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
suzi23173

Pick up your doodles doos....

Post by suzi23173 » 14 Jun 2013, 19:55

Article about picking up from the beeb...
It's not us Doodlers I'm sure!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22853270
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

suebedo

Re: Pick up your doodles doos....

Post by suebedo » 14 Jun 2013, 20:33

I read this article this morning and will be suggesting the pink spray to our residents association. It may shock people into picking up the poo and at worst it will just make it easier to see! I find it so hard to understand why it's so difficult to pick it up. We live on what is pretty much an island which has gated access to the canal and river sides. This means that the only animals that foul the pathway live here in our small community. It makes me look at all dog walkers suspiciously wondering if they are the culprits :evil: :evil:

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 14 Jun 2013, 20:34

I read this article this morning and will be suggesting the pink spray to our residents association. It may shock people into picking up the poo and at worst it will just make it easier to see! I find it so hard to understand why it's so difficult to pick it up. We live on what is pretty much an island which has gated access to the canal and river sides. This means that the only animals that foul the pathway live here in our small community. It makes me look at all dog walkers suspiciously wondering if they are the culprits :evil: :evil:

molsp

Post by molsp » 14 Jun 2013, 21:07

i'm a dog owner and it drives me nuts that people don't pick up their poo - and yes I like the pink spray too.

Bid

Post by Bid » 14 Jun 2013, 21:36

I am happy to pick up after mine, but I do think there need to be more bins around to put it in.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

travis

Post by travis » 14 Jun 2013, 21:39

This is something that drives me mad :evil:
I regularly walk along our nearby canal which has more than its fair share of poop, Yet there is no shortage of bins.
Without being too graphic (diet and size), it is clear that it comes from the same few dogs.
I have now come across 2 dog walkers who I can blame for some of it. One particular owner lets his 2 dogs run free and ignores any mess made.
So what can be done?
Confront them and at best you are likely to get a mouthful.
Report them? What proof do I have? If I was close enough to take an incriminating photo, it would be obvious it was me that reported them.
I have thought of getting some small notices printed, attached to stakes and put them next to the mess saying " I know who you are, I know where you live, clean up your dog mess or be reported" But I think if they care so little about this mess, they won't care about the possible consequences"
In the meantime I tiptoe round this mess hoping I don't take any home on my shoes. :evil: :evil:

Useful information for anyone heading across the channel by car.Driving to Portugal Our Way
Mechanical Rodeo Bull Hire For private parties & fun days.

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 14 Jun 2013, 22:03

You could always do what a family friend did ( I have said this in a post before) to a lady who used to let her dog go on her drive way all the time. Her girls tramped it in her car for the umpteenth time on the busy work/school run. The next time she got it in a shovel and, as she knew where the woman lived- knocked on her door and when she opened it, bunged it up her hall and said " I think I have something that belongs to you!"

Fabulous! Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

nicky16

Post by nicky16 » 14 Jun 2013, 22:04

I always clear up after Lexie and make sure I take routes where I know there are bins but if not will carry it all the way home

Nicky Mummy to Lexie

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 15 Jun 2013, 10:35

The is one bin at the begining of or walk,and iv seen bags through in the bushes. i pick dexters up unless its in te long grass away from paths.The are a few that dont pick up and its in the middle of the paths and cause this man as a big dog it looks bad for me cause people might think its me,cause of havin a big dog,my grandaughter had it all on her shoes and pram wheel its distgusting.It makes people hate dogs wich is not the dogs fault,and looks bad for good dog owners.
ImageImage

Tania&Bella

Post by Tania&Bella » 15 Jun 2013, 14:48

I don't understand people sometimes, its part of being a responsible dog owner. I have no problem picking up my dogs poo. I even carry it (in the bag :lol:) throughout the walk and put it in my own bin if there isnt a bin. There are only 2 in the village. If its a bit whiffy double bag it .. Simple.

I think I would be mortified if I left it, I don't know how people do it!!

Tania x
Tania Neil Harry Bella and now Sully
ImageImage

norton1989

Post by norton1989 » 15 Jun 2013, 15:36

If they sprayed the piles of poo in my location there would be no green grass left just pink or orange or whatever colour was chosen, I think the ones that clear up after their dog are a minority.

I work shifts and often take Henry out at 05:00 before an early shift, in the winter it's pitch black and still there are dog walkers without a torch so there is no way they pick up their dogs droppings.

And what I find worse still is those that pick up the little [or big] pile in a plastic bag and then hang it on the tree branches, that way it hangs there forever.....why would you do that?

If this problem isn't resolved the only ones to suffer will be us responsible owner's as councils will ban dogs in park and similar places.

Andy.

julieju

Post by julieju » 15 Jun 2013, 20:02

norton1989 wrote:And what I find worse still is those that pick up the little [or big] pile in a plastic bag and then hang it on the tree branches, that way it hangs there forever.....why would you do that?
Hear hear! This has been a constant source of amazement to me since owning a dog. At first I wondered if people were hanging them up temporarily in order to collect on their way back home, which would be fair enough I guess... but no, from what I've seen they really do stay there forever.

Loved this idea from the article...

Julie and Aero xx

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 15 Jun 2013, 20:11

There is someone who collects theirs in a bag and flings it on the forecourt of my shop most days. Lovely. :evil:
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

julieju

Post by julieju » 15 Jun 2013, 20:38

:evil: I'd be tempted to lie in wait with my tennis racket, and bat it back! :lol:

(Completely off the subject, but what shop do you have? Just being nosey... :oops: :mrgreen: )

xx
Julie and Aero xx

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 15 Jun 2013, 20:42

I'd love to but it's at night and they do it out of sight of the camera. :twisted:

Shop=Furniture- oak pine and painted and I do antiques and vintage as a side line. xx :D
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx