my turn to rant

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Doodle Dee

my turn to rant

Post by Doodle Dee » 17 Jul 2013, 17:21

I was in Sainsbury and it turned out a lady had phoned the police because a dog had been left in the car in this heat. Whilst she was waiting she told the sainsbury assistant and they came out with water for the dog. But the car had gone (with the Dog) the lady had taken the registration number and when the police finally got there she gave it to them and I heard the policewoman say "they had the registration name anD address SO HOPEFULLY THE DOG OWNER WILL BE WARNED

how THE HECK CAN ANYONE DO THAT IF YOU LOVE DOGS - FLAMING HELL WE ARE NOT EVEN WALKING LULU IN THIS HEAT LET ALONE TAKING HER IN A CAR AND LEAVING HERE THERE!!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

iwantadog

Re: my turn to rant

Post by iwantadog » 17 Jul 2013, 17:45

I'm so with you on that on. Murph is only having one walk at the moment at 6am as its the only time that its cool enough. Some people really don't deserve dogs :twisted:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 17 Jul 2013, 17:52

We too are only doing one walk before 7 and spending most of it at the river edge so that Fozzie can paddle and cool off. I'm just considering taking him round again for a paddle (and I may join him). I've just heard some distant thunder so maybe some cooling rain tonight?, please? I'll be really good I promise??

nicky16

Post by nicky16 » 17 Jul 2013, 19:28

I know some ppl are so selfish would love to stick them in suna on high

Nicky Mummy to Lexie

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 17 Jul 2013, 19:31

Although Bella's walk is at lunchtime - it's 2 minutes to the reservoir - then a ten minute swim! :)
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 17 Jul 2013, 19:38

I took dexter out at 7 tis morning and a ten mins in the field behined us on lead ,i saw a lady with a bull terrier off lead and boy had a football with them its too hot to walk never mind playing ball .
ImageImage

PeggyS

Post by PeggyS » 17 Jul 2013, 20:15

Hi
Peggs has one early morning and one after 9.30 at night. Walk I mean. That sounded like a toilet report!!!

It is difficult to imagine that the person leaving a dog in a car is capable of driving as she is so stupid!! :twisted: :evil:

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 17 Jul 2013, 20:18

What is it about Sainsburys, you should see the amount of hotdogs that can actually be found inside the store too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Oscar.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

minnie the gdoodle

Post by minnie the gdoodle » 18 Jul 2013, 04:57

i know its hot minnie was chasing the cat yesterday and they were both walking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 18 Jul 2013, 09:05

We were in the car on Saturday and OH got out to post a letter, and in that time even though the DOORS were all open I had to get out and get Lola out as it was too hot in there.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

susieQ

Post by susieQ » 18 Jul 2013, 11:42

Many years ago while on holiday, before we had dogs, we came out of a tea shop and in the only other car in the carpark, there was a big dog who was shredding the seats inside the car! and I do mean shredding!!! It was quite warm (not as hot as now) and the family were just leaving after us (they looked a bit rough if you know what I mean so not approachable) so we knew the dog was about to be let out, but my husband wouldn't stick around to see their reaction! Definitely not the sort who should have a dog :evil:
Sue and Rosie

Flowers

Post by Flowers » 18 Jul 2013, 17:56

That poor dog it must have been like a sauna in that car. I am not surprised you are having a rant that would have really upset me also.

travis

Post by travis » 18 Jul 2013, 18:23

So what does a Pet transport company do? Many of them are apparently only standard vans, i.e. no rooftop auxilliary air con for when the vehicle stops. Many of them take pets down to and from Spain. At some point the driver would have to stop.

I drive round with Chica in the van all day, most days. Luckily this van has air con so it's the most comfortable place to be while we are moving.
It only dawned on me when I was about 100 miles from home and needing a 'comfort stop' that I couldn't stop at the services because I would have had to leave her in the van :shock: so I just kept going and hoped there were no major delays.
And before you say it, no, there is no room in the back for an 'en suite'.
I have to say being white and having few windows relative to its size, it stays cooler than a car would, but it is a problem.

Useful information for anyone heading across the channel by car.Driving to Portugal Our Way
Mechanical Rodeo Bull Hire For private parties & fun days.

ambersmum

Post by ambersmum » 18 Jul 2013, 22:02

There was a post on FB today from a local vet and another by Dogs Today magazine about walking dogs on pavements and roads. Some really nasty burnt paws :cry:
Our local road was melting yesterday so it's easy to forget how hot tarmac can get when it's like this.

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 19 Jul 2013, 07:32

I know I don't regularly post :oops: but I do lurk daily and thought that I would add to this.

My hubbie works in vets daily and he was having this same conversation with one of the vets at a practice yesterday.

He said that if a dog was left in a car in direct sunlight in this heat its body would give up within 10 minutes. Hubbie was shocked at the timescale so the vet suggested he leave a thermometer in his car while he was working in the practice for 10 minutes to prove his point.

The thermometer registered 52.7 degrees - enough said I think!

Clair
Clair & Bob