doggy accessories out on a walk

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
froglover

doggy accessories out on a walk

Post by froglover » 29 Aug 2013, 15:41

my lab and my new doodle are settling in together nicely after a very stressful week,had two lovely walks today with treats for training and me with all my doggy gear,love wearing my wellies and swinging my poo bags ( which I do now as a lady wrote into the local paper to say that dog owners were disgusting as they swing the poo bag as they walk) well I have bought some nice clear poo bags with paw prints all over so everyone can see the contents,I use my bone shaped poo bag holder and now I am looking for some new ideas from you all on useful as well as novelty doggy accessories,as these people who miss out on the fun of fresh air and exercise with their best friends prefer to go shopping or out for coffee but dog walking can also be a fashion parade for a doggy owner

susieQ

Re: doggy accessories out on a walk

Post by susieQ » 29 Aug 2013, 17:18

Well you could build a collection of collars and leads for your two - Rosie falls well behind with only three different collars and two leads - I think some stylish doodle on here has over 30! 8)

Oh, and I think you can get labradoodle socks (for you, not the doodle :lol: ) there is a thread on them somewhere on here :)
Sue and Rosie

froglover

Post by froglover » 29 Aug 2013, 18:45

great ideas thank you,I love my doggy accessories

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 29 Aug 2013, 19:21

We got dog paw prints from Doodlefest (not to wear of course) to put on our gazebo

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 29 Aug 2013, 22:39

We got dog paw prints from Doodlefest (not to wear of course) to put on our gazebo
I have authentic pawprints on my kitchen walls, cabinets and conservatory walls! :lol: :lol:

Anne & Ianto x

julieju

Post by julieju » 29 Aug 2013, 23:00

:lol: :lol: :lol: No fashion tips I'm afraid but your post really made me laugh! Lovely image of you marching along with a big grin, swinging your see-through poo bags about! :D :D xx
Julie and Aero xx

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Aug 2013, 00:18

:lol: :lol: :lol: I too love the swinging poo bag! This morning I was taking poo samples for worm counts, and had clear bags with their names on - would have looked very strange has I been spotted!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

froglover

Post by froglover » 30 Aug 2013, 08:45

Everyone swing your poo bags today! :lol:

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 30 Aug 2013, 09:08

I'd be terrified that the puppies would think they were something about to be thrown as a toy and would make a lunge for them.

I am a bit scarred by the one previous attempt to carry bags openly though which was the result of..... nearly being home; a meeting of 5 other dogs encouraging my 2 to carry on playing; me putting them on the lead to go into the garden gate and then my neighbours 2 dogs bounding down the garden to see what was going on. The noise was quite something even though it was all friendly!!

The result was my fingers going through the bags in the melee dog poo being spread liberally around me, my t shirt and my trackie bottoms. My second shower of the day took quite a while before I felt suitably disinfected.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Aug 2013, 09:50

Urgh! Sue, one of my worst nightmares - along with Ianto doing his 'best-est' sloppy pooh right in the middle of someone's drive, as they watch from the window....

My fashionable outfit consists of a pair of once-white hi-top trainers, well-chewed and stained by the above-mentioned puppy, a mud-splattered t-shirt, mud-stained and wet jeans (there is always water somewhere for a determined doodle to find!) oh, and for good measure, a muddy jacket... I'm thinking of launching a range of wipe-clean onesies...!

Anne & Ianto x

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 30 Aug 2013, 13:00

Loving my new poo bag holder:

With matching bags, not very good for swinging as they don't have handles :lol: :

It's from pets at home, they had a pink spotty one for girlies with spot and stripe bags :D
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 30 Aug 2013, 13:36

Is it for the poo bags or the poo in the bag?
I have looked everywhere for a hygienic way of carrying the poo bag but came to the conclusion that once its had poo in it would need cleaning every time and be very yucky.
Has anyone found anything?
I suppose there's no choice but to swing it.
Person who moaned should've grateful it's been picked up not left for her to tread in!
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Aug 2013, 18:19

Suzi,
There are pooh bag pots a bit like camera lens pots for putting the used bags in... can't find the link at the mo. Does anyone else know of one? I'm going to get one!
Anne & Ianto x

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 30 Aug 2013, 18:23

It's just a poo bag dispenser, I prefer to swing the bags and use the nearest bin.
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Aug 2013, 19:10

Here we are -
http://www.dickybag.com/
- I'm not advocating these particular ones, but it's this idea....
Anne & Ianto x
(Kirstie, Ianto always waits until we're well past the bin, and miles from the next one. I have fastened them to my backpack before now, but recently found one still attached when we left a pub! :oops: )