Fundraising idea for the Trust

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
susiet

Fundraising idea for the Trust

Post by susiet » 06 Sep 2013, 16:20

Hi all

Just come back from walking the dogs on the local Downs and notice the number of charity walks that go on during the year for various causes.

I was wondering if we could all have a Wellie Walk one Sunday morning in aid of our Labradoodle Trust which I know are always in desperate need of funds for all those doods who need rehoming?

How about charging £5 to register for the walk and if you can get sponsers all well and good but if not you just donate your fiver to the Trust. I'm pretty sure our Surrey Strollers would be up for it one weekend and if we could get other groups around the country to join in I'm sure we could make a bob or two to help the Trust out. :D :D

I was thinking about the end of September or early October.

Anyone up for it?

Let me know what you think!

Susie xxx
Flora Doodle

linny

Re: Fundraising idea for the Trust

Post by linny » 06 Sep 2013, 16:22

I'm sure the Devon Diehards would be up for it......good idea :D

susiet

Post by susiet » 06 Sep 2013, 16:27

Ooooh...I knew I could rely on you Diehards! :D :D

Glad you're up for it!

Big Hug! :D :D

Susie xx
Flora Doodle

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 06 Sep 2013, 18:59

Wellie good idea!

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 06 Sep 2013, 19:33

You could have an event that people give a donation for, if it is a charge you become the event organiser and therefore legally accountable. Please be careful how you word it.

Good luck with it though :D
Lewie
Benson

Gemgem

Post by Gemgem » 06 Sep 2013, 19:46

I'd love to do if there's one around Lancashire ?
Gem & Poppy

susiet

Post by susiet » 06 Sep 2013, 22:45

I was hoping everyone could organise their own walks in their own areas, maybe one that is a regular meet for doodle walks. Just syncronise them to be all at the same time e.g. 10.30 Sunday 29th Sept. We could list the meeting places on the forum so people could choose their nearest. Ideally it would be a good idea to be in areas where there is a car park and a large open area. As far as donations are concerned, could we set up a justgiving donation page? or would it be best to send donations and pledges directly to the Trust?

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Susie xxx
Flora Doodle

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 07 Sep 2013, 09:36

Herts / NW London and Middx doodlers are up for this. We have walks planned on 22nd and 28th which could be linked to the donation day. We would like a way to pay online as we don't want to be collecting money. Anyone got any idea how to set up a just giving page? Does a proportion go to any other organisation using that method? If so would a direct donation to the LT give more? How does the gift aid thing happen?

Oh so many questions my head is spinning :lol: :lol: :lol:

susiet

Post by susiet » 07 Sep 2013, 11:25

Oooh... that's great :D :D Yes I need to do a bit of investigating into the just giving page thingy. I don't think it is too onerous. I'll have a look today. It would make it much simpler if we could pay online, although I was thinking of just getting to people to give their names on the day so we know how many people would pledge a donation.

I'm on a mission now!!! :lol: :lol:

Susie x
Flora Doodle

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 07 Sep 2013, 11:43

We talked about not wanting to pressure people into paying when they maybe couldn't afford it so our intention was to just share a link / give information about the donation but leave it up to people to do themselves. We have a few of us who will be doing both walks "linked" to this - it could get a trifle expensive if they felt they had to donate twice :D :D

susiet

Post by susiet » 07 Sep 2013, 12:01

Yes, I think setting up a justgiving page then is the best option so folk can just do it online with no pressure. I notice the Labradoodle Trust is registered on justgiving so that's good. I'm just having a look at setting up a page. Will keep you posted! :D
Flora Doodle

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 07 Sep 2013, 12:30

Personally I think it's a bit weird, when you have a dog to ask other people to sponsor a dog walk?

If you did want it to be sponsored it'd be good to have some kind of "hook" like a fancy dress dog walk? Although that is a bit more effort than a lot of people would go to - but might make fundraising a little easier? Then again I know a lot of people hate dogs wearing clothes.

susiet

Post by susiet » 07 Sep 2013, 13:14

Ok.....update I'm in the process of setting up a justgiving page.. so will just add where the walks will be taking place so people can join in if they want. If everyone on the walk just donates a fiver I'm sure the Trust would be appreciative. :D :D

Calling Surrey Strollers!! Shall we go for Sunday 29th Sept?...either Banstead Woods or Walton Heath as there are good car parks and dog friendly pubs to go to afterwards! :D :D :D Let me know what you think!
Flora Doodle

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 07 Sep 2013, 13:40

Maggie, I thought you meant for the owners to be in fancy dress! That vision horrified me!! :lol:

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 07 Sep 2013, 23:02

It sounds a lovely idea, one thing on the justgiving pages, if you do it through the trust they can reclaim the tax, which would be a big advantage, maybe you could do a front page linking to that?
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image