Cody's feeling under the weather...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
hayley81

Cody's feeling under the weather...

Post by hayley81 » 19 Oct 2013, 16:19

:( Had the squits last night and super clingy at bed time. Been joined at the hip all day today, sleeping on my lap, getting under feet more than usual. Hate seeing him under the weather :cry:

elmo75

Re: Cody's feeling under the weather...

Post by elmo75 » 19 Oct 2013, 17:20

Awww, hoping Cody feels much better very soon xxx
ImageImage

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 19 Oct 2013, 18:38

Poor lad hope hes better soon.
ImageImage

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 19 Oct 2013, 18:40

oh that calls for mashed potato and staemed white fish
guaranteed to make him better
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 20 Oct 2013, 09:53

Hope he gets all better very soon. I'm hearing a lot about poorly dogs at the moment. Is it just coincidence or is something going on.

Let us know how Cody gets on
ImageImage

hayley81

Post by hayley81 » 20 Oct 2013, 15:02

Got him on the potato and white fish yesterday and a little more today. Very restless night again last night so ended up on the sofa with the quilt snuggled up with him. Still loose again today and looks really sluggish, he didn't even want to climb the stairs to bed last night which is kinda why I settled on the sofa. He's going through spells of energy to just flaking and looking gutted. I've noticed some slight baldness also on his chest and top of legs...is this quite common as I've read poodles can suffer from this??

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 20 Oct 2013, 17:52

has this happened before or is yesterday's under-the-weather a one-off?

i'm feeling particularly sensitive as my doodle has just been diagnosed with Addison's, the symptoms are vague but come and go and are difficult to diagnose, and sound a bit like you're describing with Cody, its just a thought, probably way off beam though. vets can be poor at diagnosing as the symptoms come and go but leaving it undiagnosed can be serious

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 Oct 2013, 18:09

Poor Cody :( Has he been drinking? If not, or if he is still lethargic tomorrow I would pop him to the vets as he is still quite a little pup.
thepooles wrote:my doodle has just been diagnosed with Addison's,
I'm sorry to hear that Caroline :( . I hope you can get her stabilised soon - poor little girlie :(
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

hayley81

Post by hayley81 » 21 Oct 2013, 21:17

thepooles wrote:has this happened before or is yesterday's under-the-weather a one-off?

i'm feeling particularly sensitive as my doodle has just been diagnosed with Addison's, the symptoms are vague but come and go and are difficult to diagnose, and sound a bit like you're describing with Cody, its just a thought, probably way off beam though. vets can be poor at diagnosing as the symptoms come and go but leaving it undiagnosed can be serious
He had it about 5 weeks ago also, had to put him on fish and potato and it seemed to clear up. He seems to be a little better today, we now have firm pooh but he is letting off some stinky wind!! I wondered if it was because i put him on the turkey and rice wainwrights for a change and usually he has the duck or salmon one. Who know's but I'll keep and eye on him x