Collar name tags

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
hollyminidoodle

Collar name tags

Post by hollyminidoodle » 21 Oct 2013, 20:03

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to buying a collar name tag that has engraving that doesn't fade over time? We initially bought Holly a metal engraved tag, however the name and contact details engraved on the metal tag are fading fast and are hard to read if anyone ever needed to do so.

We are about to treat her to a new Red Dingo collar & lead - does anyone have a Red Dingo engraved tag (like this one for example - http://www.reddingo.com/products/tags/enamel/01-PP-PU/) - are they any good and has the engraving stood the test of time?!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can give :D

Katie & Holly doodle x

Life of Riley

Re: Collar name tags

Post by Life of Riley » 21 Oct 2013, 20:25

Hi there!
We bought Riley an embossed tag (see link below) which seems fit for purpose so far!!
http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/dog-tag ... p-552.html

Good luck in your search :D
Tracey and Riley
Riley is a F1B, and will be three years old on Halloween!

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Oct 2013, 21:00

I have an indigo tag which slides on the actual collar. They are guaranteed for life and you can fit a lot of them, so my girls all have my surname, phone number, address and "chipped and spayed" so people can see they are not worth stealing! It also means I can put what ever I like on the D-ring - they have healing stone hearts on the atm.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 21 Oct 2013, 22:22

I have exactly that tag for Teddy in a different colour! I must have had it a couple of years now and it's as good as new.

I have also had Red Dingo collars and leads and they're great, Ted doesn't wear his collar in the house so I really like having a clasp rather than a buckle to quickly get on and off. :D

kimberleyone

Post by kimberleyone » 21 Oct 2013, 22:33

Muns has one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-TAG-ID-PE ... 19dd5a1ec0.

It has enough space to do his name, my mobile, and that he is chipped. Cant put address on as we spend half our time in Northants and half in Norfolk!

He has had it for 2 years now, takes in in the sea every weekend, and it still looks like new!

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Oct 2013, 23:07

You could have these for Muns - easy to switch when you are in a different place. I;ve just had a few made up for the dogs I walk so they can have my name and mobile number on. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-ID-Tags-L ... OC:GB:3160
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 21 Oct 2013, 23:38

We've got this one, it's light and plastic and doesn't clink: http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/30mm-pl ... p-481.html
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image

Noglet

Post by Noglet » 22 Oct 2013, 09:42

We use tags from Collars and Tags too - but we've always had the deep engraved ones

http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/pet-tag ... 38_76.html

The ones we have are 2-3 years old now, but look as good as new.

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 22 Oct 2013, 09:52

Vince managed to lose the first one he had :lol:

So I replaced it with one from e-bay (loads on there). It's a large brass round tag one and has our surname plus two mobile numbers on one side and on the other it has the road and village name, post code and land line. Someone once told me you shouldn't put the dogs name one it for security purposes.
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 22 Oct 2013, 15:50

I was also told you should not put your address on there by the engravers as they said that someone once before had found a dog loose and went to the house and as it was empty, it was burgled :(

I put Willow's name and my home number and that's it x

Bid

Post by Bid » 22 Oct 2013, 16:50

Just copied this from the dog law wesite .....

"By law, when your dog is outside (except in limited circumstances) it is required to wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it. If you fail to comply:-

You are committing a criminal offence, and
You are making it less likely that you will get your dog back if it strays

In addition to complying with this, we recommend that your dog is microchipped and/or tattooed. "
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 22 Oct 2013, 17:02

Bid wrote:"By law, when your dog is outside (except in limited circumstances) it is required to wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it. If you fail to comply:-

You are committing a criminal offence, and
You are making it less likely that you will get your dog back if it strays"
Now THERE'S a law just waiting for a legal challenge... completely ridiculous! :shock:

Is this a municipal ordinance, or something from a higher (and more stupid) level of government?

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 22 Oct 2013, 19:45

I have got to get dexter a new one he lost hes at the doodle meet in cannock a few weeks back,i just put hes name and my home phone no,i wouldnt put hes name on but if he did ever get lost i would want them to know hes name and not call him something eles.God forbid this never happens.
ImageImage

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 22 Oct 2013, 19:45

I have got to get dexter a new one he lost hes at the doodle meet in cannock a few weeks back,i just put hes name and my home phone no,i wouldnt put hes name on but if he did ever get lost i would want them to know hes name and not call him something eles.God forbid this never happens.
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 22 Oct 2013, 20:53

:lol: :lol: There seem to be quite a few laws that travellers aren't too keen on! :roll:

I once had a dog picked up by a well-meaning passer by when she was sitting in our drive, and taken to the nearest police station, which was 5 miles away. Had she had a collar on with our address they probably would have just knocked on the door.

I think that there is a greater possibility of my dogs getting lost than getting stolen, and I want whoever finds them to have every help to return them, so for that reason I have my address in their collars. :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk