Having bedtime issues!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Webbs

Having bedtime issues!!

Post by Webbs » 27 Oct 2013, 17:40

Hi All
Got abit of an issue.

Willow is now three but on Friday night she done something really out of the ordinary. Son put her to bed at about 11pm as the last person to bed puts her away in her crate in the dining room. He went off upstairs and then she started to bark, which she never does. He went down to let her out in case she wanted the toilet. She just sat there. Off to bed again and she started barking again. In three years, she has never done this. Anyway, after about four times I took her up to bed with me of which she fell asleep no problem. I thought she either is pushing her luck or spooked by something.

Last night, put her to bed as usual hoping it would not happen again, by the time i got upstairs she was barking. I decided to ignore it. She barked and you could tell she was listening out after each bark and then she whined abit. I ignored it and fell asleep but within the space of four hours, she did this about eight times. Clearly not settling atall. By half two in the morning, had enough, went down and she had chewed a paint pot handle off. The paint pot had sat in the same place for months not touched. Really odd. Anyway, bought her up to bed with me.

Not sure what to do now as didn't really want her sleeping with us long term but don't know what to do.
Gonna put her to bed as usual tonight and see what happens again. Don't really know what is going on with her, help :idea:

Bid

Re: Having bedtime issues!!

Post by Bid » 27 Oct 2013, 18:10

Could she be spooked by something? I don't know what it's like where you are, but we have had some mighty strong winds here this weekend, and it's making all sorts of things bang and rattle.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 27 Oct 2013, 18:51

HI
Thats what my mother in law said, maybe the wind but I don't recall it being that bad here x

hockborn

Post by hockborn » 27 Oct 2013, 19:22

we have had a few fireworks set off which always effects our willow. Could be the wind and poor weather. Could be hearing another dog in the distance who is distressed. Has she had a wee or poo in the room/ bed at all. some dogs cannot settle if that happens. Has anything been moved in the room etc??

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 27 Oct 2013, 20:08

HI Hockborn, no wee or poo anywhere and nothing changed so really strange, we are baffled. No fireworks either x will see how this evening goes x

Bid

Post by Bid » 27 Oct 2013, 20:28

Is her crate covered? Sometimes that can make a big difference if a doodle feels a little insecure for some reason.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 27 Oct 2013, 22:11

HI Bid
Has been covered for couple of years x

Got a strange feeling I am going to get a repeat of this tonight. I feel bad as don't know what is wrong and she cant tell me.

x

Hex

Post by Hex » 27 Oct 2013, 22:21

hi-ya,
have you tried popping her in the crate as normal,but leaving crate door open? Is the dining room doodle proof? Or giving her a tasty,frozen kong when she goes to bed so she can slurp herself to sleep,and hopefully break the cycle of being scared. Hope you have a quieter night,whatever you decide to do xxxx

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 28 Oct 2013, 09:28

I think she's just pushing her luck :mrgreen:
I bark... I get to sleep in your comfy bed
:?:

Jo x
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 28 Oct 2013, 10:10

Hi All
There is no door on her crate as we removed it due to her hurting her nose trying to get out of it when she had her operation and was stressed. She has the dining room and we have a fire guard to keep her in there as the gap is quite large for a normal stair gate. She has been in the dining room for nearly three years so no changes there.

Well last night put her in bed as usual at 10pm and lay awake listening out and not a peep all night, how wierd is that. I had a crap night as was listening out for her all night lol. Difference may have been that dad was now home as finished night shifts. Who knows as I certainly dont and we had all those winds last night so that would have given her a good excuse.

Lets see what tonight brings :)

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Oct 2013, 18:03

Perhaps somethng outside was spooking her - let us know what happens tonight!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk