Lulu enough is enough

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Doodle Dee

Lulu enough is enough

Post by Doodle Dee » 28 Oct 2013, 07:39

Okay - she was quite all the time after she got home after our lovely long walks both Saturday and Sunday)

I woke up this morning - she has her stag bar near her - but found another toilet brush (not her lovely present), she destroyed her lovely pink bed (unless someone left a pink tutu here in the night) and has had cardboard from the dustbin she emptied all over the place - did anyone ask the question, why or when does it end (had to clear up so no picture before 'im indoors gets up and finds it)

oh and this is the night she decided not to creep under my bed so she had no intention of going to bed but to look at what she can chew!

Lulu - naughty girl
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

hockborn

Re: Lulu enough is enough

Post by hockborn » 28 Oct 2013, 09:31

You call her naughty- I call her a hero. That's my girl! 8) 8)

Louis xx

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 28 Oct 2013, 10:55

Sad to say, I don't think it ever does end! Phoebe went through the "destroying everything in sight" phase and now, at just over 2 years old I thought we'd grown up a bit. But no. Came home from dinner out last night to find she'd chewed up yet ANOTHER pair of glasses.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 28 Oct 2013, 11:42

Cage her.. Poppy wont sleep any other way thank god and its a lot less stressful lol xxx
ImageImage

EstelleB

Post by EstelleB » 28 Oct 2013, 11:44

I guess Tia still has the puppy excuse, but I had a bit of a lie in this morning leaving my husband & son in charge. Came down to discover that she has destroyed the carpet on the dining room step!

Tia definately does it when she is bored but there's not a lot you can do if you think they are sleeping!
ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 28 Oct 2013, 12:33

briansangel wrote:Cage her.. Poppy wont sleep any other way thank god and its a lot less stressful lol xxx
Don't mean to be controversial - but Bella HATED her crate, and didn't sleep through the night until I got rid of it! I do know lots of dogs are more than happy in their crates though!

Also, I imagine it would be very difficult to start crating now? Isn't it something that you have to do from a puppy :?:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Masil

Post by Masil » 28 Oct 2013, 13:29

What a shame Dee. Do you think maybe the wind disturbed her and it was anxiety that set her off with the destruction? I think sometimes though dogs just get the mischief in them :roll:

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 28 Oct 2013, 16:51

Lulu lasted exactly 3 hours in her crate - couldn't bear it - yes yes I was wrong and regret it but cant see me crating her now.

I think really after her two very long and exciting walks on Saturday and Sunday, she relaxed too much when she got home and woke up in the evening and wanted to play with no-one around. I know this how? She didn't try and hide under my bed when I went to bed, so she obviously didn't want to go to sleep.

C'est la vie the joys of having a dog
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 28 Oct 2013, 16:56

Poppy was crated from day one she loves it and wont sleep anywhere else.. yes she cried for first night but that was all.. I think she feels safer there and its good for when we have to leave her her door is left open in day and at night but closed if we are out xxx
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 28 Oct 2013, 21:08

I have always put Ianto in his play pen at night. Recently, I decided we needed to get him out of it (and reclaim the kitchen!). He was fine the first night with the pen door left open but, after I'd dismantled the pen, he refused to settle on the second night - so the pen came back out and he's popped in after his last walk and supper.
We give him the run of the kitchen if we leave him in the day, but at night, it's the play pen!! Possibly we're going to be seen as 'cruel and horrible' people - but we need to sleep and currently this is the only way...
Anne & Ianto x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 28 Oct 2013, 21:22

she has stag bones nylon bones (whatever they are called) and various toys that are changed around - yes definitely bringing her to bed with me in future (just know whilst I was having a cuppa I could hear her chewing nicely - I'm thinking she is enjoying her brand new stag bar - she wasn't it was one of my place mat she had found somewhere!!!!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 28 Oct 2013, 22:35

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i like your style
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 28 Oct 2013, 23:12

Using a stag bar :lol: :lol: :lol: , tea stirring, stabbing chips, the endless variety of things you could do with a stag bar.

I love the fact that as doodle owners, we have to be so inventive to keep ahead of them :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Dee, I've just spent two days watching Lulu being an angel at all times, even whilst she was getting all the boys to chase her by waggling her stick provocatively. I think she may need to come and live with me as she is only naughty when you are around :D :D