Missing Doodle in Cambridgeshire

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
dustysmum

Re: Missing Doodle in Cambridgeshire

Post by dustysmum » 11 Nov 2013, 09:44

This girl will have numerous issues which always come with a mistreated dog ,she is now being fostered and taught how to be a dog before she ends up in a permanent home a very necessary first step in my opinion ,1, to ensure she isn't aggressive 2, to make sure she doesn't end up back in the same situation 3, to give her chance to adjust to a normal dog life.
please everyone don't worry about her she will be well taken care of in a professional manner :)

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 11 Nov 2013, 10:27

Totally agree. Better to assess her and match her to someone who suits her needs rather than hand her over quickly and risk another failure. Glad she's safe. Xx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Elmo the Bear 2

Post by Elmo the Bear 2 » 11 Nov 2013, 10:58

I think a professional assessment is fine, who are they using? It's just a shame she has to be continually moved around when safe, permanent homes are waiting.

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 11 Nov 2013, 11:53

Clairejen wrote:She is currently in foster with LT, safe, clean and comfortable.
That's really great news Claire :) ......it was very upsetting seeing that pic on "Pets4homes" she so deserves a really loving and understanding home.

Has any one have news on the three year old chocolate doodle that was on there a few days before :?:
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 11 Nov 2013, 17:40

Hi John and Rae, and Vince of course, good to speak to you again. Some of the rescue cases are really heartbreaking, it's good to be able to do something to help. I don't know anything about the other pup I'm afraid.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 12 Nov 2013, 00:57

Glad this doodle is now 'found'.

Don't think many folks are interested in a crusade but rather a lot of us are interested and care greatly about dog /animal welfare, doing what we can ,when we can...
Good to read ,she is no longer in the situation she was... and now hopefully her turn for a chance at a half decent life. :D

wellies

Post by wellies » 12 Nov 2013, 09:40

Hi Elmo,
Obviously, the dog from Cambridgeshire is going to be in foster with LT for a while (they'll be getting her spayed) but she'll be up for re-homing when she's ready. If you know people who'd like to adopt a doodle, LT have a steady stream of dogs needing forever homes.
Dave
Leon and Sally: fast moving and heading for the horizon!

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 12 Nov 2013, 11:07

Clairejen wrote:Hi John and Rae, and Vince of course, good to speak to you again. Some of the rescue cases are really heartbreaking, it's good to be able to do something to help. I don't know anything about the other pup I'm
afraid.
:) Yes we are still around but haven't been able get to a doodle meet for awhile either busy, busy, busy or in the wrong place on the day although we have more time these days :wink:
wellies wrote: If you know people who'd like to adopt a doodle, LT have a steady stream of dogs needing forever homes.Dave

:) Great advice Dave and Hi :) We've had several conversations with people when out on a dog walk. Always guide them to the Labradoodle Trust and suggest to ask think about a rescue dog especially when they mention the cost of buying a puppy ..... :)
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage