Doodles lost in Hants

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sarah Bevan

Re: Doodles lost in Hants

Post by Sarah Bevan » 02 Dec 2013, 22:08

Been following this story as I live in Southampton area, there have been some dog thefts this year. I really hope they are ok, the owner must be going through hell.
Sarah and Jessie

molsp

Post by molsp » 03 Dec 2013, 00:45

A lot of hope and good wishes from us for a good end to this story

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 03 Dec 2013, 08:51

This is so upsetting :cry: Come on boys, time to come home!
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 03 Dec 2013, 11:37

Been checking Doglost again this morning and still no good news about these two lovely doodles :( I only wish we lived nearer so that we could help as we've more spare time these days. I would never be able to sleep knowing my dog's were not where they should be and I thank god that Vince is a really sensitive little soul, clingy and doesn't wander too far away...
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 04 Dec 2013, 13:49

Is there any further news?...... :(
I just hope they are found soon. :( :(

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 05 Dec 2013, 08:52

Still no news? :cry:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 05 Dec 2013, 10:05

I've been watching this thread too
How did they go missing? From garden?
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

molsp

Post by molsp » 05 Dec 2013, 14:43

It's horrible that so much time is passing with no news. Its hard to keep optimistic. I feel for the poor owners and still hope that they turn up safe and well. So sad. Have they tried local radio?

Masil

Post by Masil » 05 Dec 2013, 23:32

How worrying that there is still no news. I can't imagine how the poor owners are feeling :(
From reading the history on Dog Lost, I think the doodles used to go for a daily wander in the field, and on that day they didn't come back :(

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 06 Dec 2013, 02:29

Disapear for an hour but always come back????.. I never let Poppy out of my sight .. Ever!! I just hope these poor souls are found before bad weather sets in and when they are found that they are kept close xxx
ImageImage

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 06 Dec 2013, 11:00

briansangel wrote:Disapear for an hour but always come back????..

Must admit Briansangel I thought the same thing ....why on earth would you allow (what looks like) two energetic dogs go running of together without supervision :? It's not a surprise then when people moan about owners who don't keep their dogs under control :roll:

Having said that I hope and pray that these two lovely doodles are found safe well together but time wise it's not
looking too good :( There are all sorts of possible scenarios that could have happened and it doesn't bear thinking about :(

Thankfully our Vince doodle is a bit like velcro he doesn't like to be too far away from us.

Cate

Post by Cate » 06 Dec 2013, 12:14

People have their own ways of doing things, which makes us individuals. Now is not the time to criticise, these people will be going through hell and back, they need positive thoughts from us doodle people

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 06 Dec 2013, 16:03

Cate wrote:People have their own ways of doing things, which makes us individuals. Now is not the time to criticise, these people will be going through hell and back, they need positive thoughts from us doodle people
Hi Cate, Fully understand what you are saying and my post was not intended to be critical but more of an observation and I'm sure that's what briansangelmeant too. They are getting positive thoughts from me everyday I have checked doglost and on here for some good news. If I lived nearer I would help look too. I cannot begin to imagine how I would feel if it were my dog, so my thoughts are with them. A concern would be the stories you read about dogs being stolen and sold on or worse :( also what happens if the dogs had caused a serious accident on the road and they or someone had been killed.

As an observation it's maybe much better to know where your dogs are......just an observation nothing else.

Cate

Post by Cate » 06 Dec 2013, 16:22

Vincento I understand what you're saying, but when I lost Milo for 7 hours earlier this year when out on a walk I was subject to the same sort of observations and as someone who's been there it doesn't feel good. It was totally out of character for Milo to do this.
So come on boys show yourselves

Bid

Post by Bid » 06 Dec 2013, 18:15

Well I guess it will be a lesson learned :(

Don't give up hope though - there was a border terrier found near here last month, who had been missing for 30 days - some fishermen found him on the beach. He was a stone lighter, which is a lot for a little dog!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron