Doodles lost in Hants

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
suzi23173

Re: Doodles lost in Hants

Post by suzi23173 » 06 Dec 2013, 18:30

I was heartbroken when my little lavender Pekin bantam, Dilly, went missing for half an hour and I thought the fox had got her, so goodness knows how they feel. I cried and cried!
If you live on a farm or have land the dogs can't be fenced in and do wander. My husband's dog as a child on the farm never had boundaries he just came and went as he pleased. His dad's dog does now. In fact he takes himself off to the neighbours when FIL goes to works and woofs to come in when he gets home. As Cate says- different ways of life. I can't bear Tess to be out of my sight either. Others are more chilled.
Please let them come home safe and sound. Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

molsp

Post by molsp » 06 Dec 2013, 19:09

These stories are heartbreaking and do play on your mind.

I couldn't find Maisy today and I know she can shimmy under our gate. I went out and was calling her and she was nowhere to be seen. She had actually just gone upstairs but for a few minutes my heart was in my mouth and all that was going through my head was this story of these two poor dogs and their owners.

Bid

Post by Bid » 10 Dec 2013, 21:24

Still no word of these boys :cry: :cry:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

julieju

Post by julieju » 10 Dec 2013, 22:41

:( :( A good friend of mine lives near Flexford Road - she has the photo and is keeping a look out.
Julie and Aero xx

Bid

Post by Bid » 10 Dec 2013, 22:57

julieju wrote::( :( A good friend of mine lives near Flexford Road - she has the photo and is keeping a look out.

Good to know - thanks!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

julieju

Post by julieju » 10 Dec 2013, 23:42

Bid wrote:
julieju wrote::( :( A good friend of mine lives near Flexford Road - she has the photo and is keeping a look out.

Good to know - thanks!
She found another stray dog in her garden just a few weeks ago so you never know. Also my teenage son does a lot of 'hanging out' on the streets in Chandlers Ford at weekends - he has had the photo since you first posted and knows to keep an eye out. I have really drummed it into him as these boys cover a lot of ground on their bikes in a day.
Julie and Aero xx

Sarah Bevan

Post by Sarah Bevan » 11 Dec 2013, 08:28

Is there a chance they have been found but just not updated the Doglost website?
Sarah and Jessie

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 11 Dec 2013, 08:50

I don't think they have been found - I know there is still a lot of activity in searching for them, one of the owners has a very prem baby in hospital at the moment - so lots of stress. :(

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 11 Dec 2013, 09:00

It seems such a long time to be missing! I'd be frantic :(
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

linny

Post by linny » 11 Dec 2013, 13:49

Someone must have these dogs......perhaps people living locally could keep an eye on their local nespaper for ads that might relate to one or both of the dogs .
We could keep an eys on Preloved or Pets4 homes .....just in case they turn up there.
Have the owners contacted local media ?...I'm sure they would help raise awareness and alert people to the fact that these dogs have been missing for the past rwo weeks.
The owners have more than enough on their plate with a prem baby to worry about as well as the dogs so it would be nice to try and help find these boys for them....... in time for Christmas. :?:

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 11 Dec 2013, 16:59

I do so hope they are found soon .. fingers crossed x Unless they have come to so harm someone must have them but they could be miles away if maybe travelers picked them up. So perhaps we should all be looking.

I noticed on doglost a few days ago where I think it was a missing lurcher was spotted on a traveler's site. The police suggested that the owner sent two women to the site (apparently women are more acceptable/approacable to travelers) and offered cash to "buy" the dog back.
It turns out they were successful and took their dog home.

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Dec 2013, 18:16

They have put an ad in the echo, and it's been on local radio solots of effort is going on. It does seem odd that there have been no sightings, mind you a border terrier went missing near here on Oct 30th, and was found 30 days later - thin but OK, so there is still plenty of hope for these 2.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 11 Dec 2013, 18:19

They are featured in Dogs Today. :P

Hopefully that will get the dog walking community on the look out for them. They are also going to be featured on the local BBC news (South?) tonight at 5.30/6 so perhaps someone will be able to put a link up later on for those of us further afield.

It does look as though they have been stolen as someone would have spotted them, even if only briefly, if they were still just lost.

Everyone, no matter where you live, keep your eyes peeled for any new Doodles out and about.

There seems to be so many dogs being taken all over the country :evil: :cry: :cry:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 11 Dec 2013, 18:23

I keep checking this thread in the hope that one of the posts will say they have been found.

Just got to keep hoping and looking. The more people who know the better chance that someone somewhere will come across them.

Keep safe boys.
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 11 Dec 2013, 22:18

I've heard that they weren't on the local news but an item has been recorded for the "Inside Out" Programme to be aired in January.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage