Very odd behaviour!!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
elmo75

Very odd behaviour!!!

Post by elmo75 » 30 Nov 2013, 18:23

I have just given Bronte her dinner (which takes her all of about 30 seconds to complete!). When I went back into the room, the floor around her bowls was covered in water. I just assumed that she must have knocked her water bowl so I mopped up and re filled her water. As soon as I put the bowl down, she started sticking her whole face into it, blowing bubbles through her nose and consequently soaking the floor again!! I left it five minutes and the refilled her water bowl and she is doing the same thing again!! Any ideas??!! ;-)

Ellie xxx
ImageImage

Clairejen

Re: Very odd behaviour!!!

Post by Clairejen » 30 Nov 2013, 18:35

How odd, either she is trying to wash something from her nose or it is a new game! How does she seem in herself, is she behaving normally other than the bubbles?
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 01 Dec 2013, 00:36

I'd say she's a doodle!
Ianto used to 'dabble' his paws in his water bowl, and does this pushing and snorting with water in streams and rivers... He started it with snow last year. At least your floor will be clean! :lol:

Anne & Ianto x

elmo75

Post by elmo75 » 01 Dec 2013, 10:14

She's absolutely fine in every way! I'm now sure it's another diddle-ish game that she has invented! She does make me laugh, total blasé unawareness of the chaos she leaves in her wake!

Ellie xxx
ImageImage

molsp

Post by molsp » 01 Dec 2013, 22:16

haha mad - nothing to add :lol: :lol:

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 02 Dec 2013, 13:43

Hi Ellie
A friend of ours has a huge, nutty, shaggy Black Russian Terrier (bred with a large chunk of Newfie genes, I think) anyway, he dunks his WHOLE HEAD in his drinks bowl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. Water everywhere, all over his chest, legs, kitchen! It has to be seen to be believed! We were in a pub together once, and the landlord put a wet floor sign up next to the dogs water bowl. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blowing bubbles is a really neat trick for a dog though.

Jo and Jasper

xxx

suzeekinz

Post by suzeekinz » 18 Nov 2014, 12:04

I have just popped onto here to search "bubble blowing" & came straight to this post!!
This is EXACTLY what our 5 month old Labradoodle Oscar does!! He is clearly doing it for fun! The noise is hilarious & I peeped over to see how he was doing it & he looks all sheepish as if he knows it's a little mischievous! He has also been known to swat it over & over to empty it everywhere lol!

Aren't they fabulous characters?! :lol:

When I work out how to add a photo, I'll show you him :) x