Do I look stupid?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
julieju

Do I look stupid?

Post by julieju » 08 Jan 2014, 19:40

I don't know what THAT is, but I'm certainly not eating it. Hiding it in my dinner, shame on you mum, like I'd fall for that cheap trick. May the yeast in my ear go forth and multiply, I am NOT eating THAT.

love Aero xx

Julie and Aero xx

beeeerock

Re: Do I look stupid?

Post by beeeerock » 08 Jan 2014, 19:55

Are you sure that's what he said? Could it have been more like "Jeez mum, YOU must be stupid to think I'd fall for a cheap trick like that!"...? 8) :lol:

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 08 Jan 2014, 20:00

My cat leave her tablets,i put dexters in a bit of ham or cheese.
ImageImage

julieju

Post by julieju » 08 Jan 2014, 20:03

beeeerock wrote:Are you sure that's what he said? Could it have been more like "Jeez mum, YOU must be stupid to think I'd fall for a cheap trick like that!"...? 8) :lol:
Yes, unfortunately that's exactly what I mean!! He barked at it for a while, then scooped it up and took it out into the garden - so (one exhaustive torch hunt later) now I don't know whether he's eaten it or not!! :roll: :roll:

Might try and cram a capsule into a bit of cheese later on, better double than none, right?? Maybe?? :?: x
Julie and Aero xx

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 08 Jan 2014, 20:20

I've always had good luck jamming it into the back of the dog's mouth, clamping the mouth shut and blowing in the nose. But hiding pills in food works pretty well too!

julieju

Post by julieju » 08 Jan 2014, 20:38

OK, just did emergency corner shop run and bought that god of all dog treats, the SCOTCH EGG. Inserted new capsule into said egg, thus:

and STILL, it was lying on the floor afterwards (half chewed, granted). So tried wrapping it in ham (thanks Elaine) and it did the trick, capsule gone :D . Roll on tomorrow, meds day 2 xx
Julie and Aero xx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 08 Jan 2014, 20:54

:lol: pups aye?! Rig is up for sale today! He's driving me crazy!! :lol:
ImageImage

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 08 Jan 2014, 20:56

Heehee this made me lol Julie - sorry.......

Day 2 of meds? What's wrong? Xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

julieju

Post by julieju » 08 Jan 2014, 21:09

Helen, what is that Rigs up to?? I can't believe he is being anything other than completely adorable! :wink: :D

Lindsey! Lovely to 'see' you, how's things? How's Charlie? And the gorgeous Alfie? Poor Aero, he's had a bundle of ear trouble, antibiotics and steroids for weeks on end, 2 sedations, x-ray, swabs... now we're onto a yeast infection, hence these blimmin capsules that he won't eat... :roll:

xx
Julie and Aero xx

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 08 Jan 2014, 21:16

Murphy has to have a tablet twice a day for the rest of his life, I've given up hiding them in food as he always manages to eat around the tablet, even if I've hidden it in a piece of cheese. I'm now very good at the 'open mouth and shove tablet down the throat' technique!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 08 Jan 2014, 21:28

iwantadog wrote:Murphy has to have a tablet twice a day for the rest of his life, I've given up hiding them in food as he always manages to eat around the tablet, even if I've hidden it in a piece of cheese. I'm now very good at the 'open mouth and shove tablet down the throat' technique!
That's what seems to eventually be what we all settle on. The last beast had no thyroid and required a handful of meds morning and evening. Open the mouth, aim for the back, shut and hold and wait for the swallow... with a puff of air on the nose to encourage the swallow. It worked fine with him... but then, he let us brush his teeth every night and scale them with a dentist's tool every once in a while too. So maybe he was just to laid back!

michala

Post by michala » 08 Jan 2014, 22:20

Mine are daft as brushes - I shout sweetie and they all rush to me and sit and wait for tablet. The one that gets the tablet gobbles it greedily looking at the others as if to say ha ha mum loves me best! Then they all get a treat as I feel so guilty.
The answer is more doodles!

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 08 Jan 2014, 23:17

Adorable rraaaaaaahhh! :lol:

It was my stupid mistake! I ran out of meat for treat/training and used shop bought treats and it turned him into ADHD boy! I have learned my lesson!

He went from £5 to a good home, to £2.50, to free, to me paying someone to take him away :lol: I did tell him I didn't mean it....later. :D when hubby took him for walkies I hit the choccy bar! :D

Fortunately he is now sleeping/snoring like a puppy :D
ImageImage

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 09 Jan 2014, 11:37

Hi Helen,
Doods are bright!!!
Have you tried emptying the capsule into his dinner, that's what we do with Jasper...
He has 1/2 a tramadol (crushed) and the contents of a glucosamine capsule every day. We are also trying him on some posh NSAIDs that are beef flavour (without the beef content :? :? ).
Good luck

Jo and Jasper
xxx

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 09 Jan 2014, 12:27

Oooh, never open and empty prescribed drugs onto their dinner - sometimes the capsule is there to protect the lining of their mouths and throats from the drug, or to check that it is absorbed at the correct point in its alimentary journey.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)