Do I look stupid?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jasper

Re: Do I look stupid?

Post by Jasper » 09 Jan 2014, 14:54

Liz,
Sorry, I stand corrected. My vet advised us that the capsule on these meds are to contain the powder (sprinkle capsules).
Apologies, don't pay any attention to me Helen. :roll: :lol:

Jo and Jasper
xxx

julieju

Post by julieju » 09 Jan 2014, 15:19

Jasper wrote:Liz,
Sorry, I stand corrected. My vet advised us that the capsule on these meds are to contain the powder (sprinkle capsules).
Apologies, don't pay any attention to me Helen. :roll: :lol:

Jo and Jasper
xxx
That's quite all right Jo :D . These particular capsules are slow-release or something so they have to go in whole unforunately. I pushed that capsule right into the middle of the scotch egg, can't believe he spat it out, little devil!

love Julie (not Helen :wink: ) xx
Julie and Aero xx

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 09 Jan 2014, 15:24

Jasper wrote:Liz,
Phew - having worked in a vets' makes you hyper worried about such things.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Phoebe11

Post by Phoebe11 » 09 Jan 2014, 19:34

This post has really made me chuckle - thanks Aero. Tell your mum to wrap it in pate give you a tiny bit to taste and then the bit containing the "pill" never failed with my two my sisters doodle has daily meds due to allergies and this is how she administers her pills!!
Jo, Phoebe & Darcy

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 09 Jan 2014, 20:17

Poor old Aero - I didn't know he had been having trouble....... :( I hope those pesky drugs have gone down better today.

Liz - thank you for commenting on the capsule thing - I didn't know that and would have been naive to do the same thing. X

All ok here thanks Julie, I keep dipping in on here but don't always seem to get chance to post.... Good to 'see' everyone though even though I am often just lurking.... :roll:

Charlie is good, he eventually had those pesky tonsils removed in November so hoping for an ill free year! He is coping at secondary school ok but has told me tonight 'mum, I don't think I'm in the cool gang, I seem happier being a nerd. I actually think I'm a geek which is kinda cool'. Bless him, I baked my little nerd some cakes tonight to make sure he was ok!! :lol:

Alfie has recently had his 3rd birthday. He continues to fit in the naughty gang when it comes to stealing - normally knickers, shoes, gloves or anything that happens to be left in reach! I am wondering if I'll ever be brave enough to remove the stair gates from the stairs and Charlie's play room. He would still eat and poop out the Lego men head I'm sure.....

I hope all ok with you and the boys (I went to type Henry and George but
panicked that I've got names wrong?? - ) :oops: sorry...

Lots of love to you as always.... Xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

hockborn

Post by hockborn » 09 Jan 2014, 20:57

Hey there my old matey!!! Good trick with the tablets. These hoomans fink we are soooo stoopid. If you keep on doing it you may be able to progress from a scotch egg to fillet steak!!!!
love ya man
Louis the goldendoodle. xx

EstelleB

Post by EstelleB » 10 Jan 2014, 00:09

Helen, I'm with you, Tia has been a real pain these past few days, more jumpy and nippy and has been constantly stealing everything she can get hold of. Maybe its the weather?

I have to say that the 1, singular benefit I can see in having a dog who has been described as a 'hoover' and thinks about her stomach 24/7 is that any tablet she has to take has been wolfed down with glee! The only thing we have struggled with is the medicine in a syringe for when she has eaten something she shouldn't (which is often), she hates that so we have much fun (not) trying to get it in her mouth instead of all over her and us :lol:
ImageImage

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 10 Jan 2014, 11:37

Sorry for your getting your name wrong Julie, embarrassingly, that happens in my "real" life too!!! :roll: :roll:

Jasper and Jo
xx

julieju

Post by julieju » 10 Jan 2014, 13:05

Jasper wrote:Sorry for your getting your name wrong Julie, embarrassingly, that happens in my "real" life too!!! :roll: :roll:

Jasper and Jo
xx
Honestly, you're calling me Helen, Lindsey's calling my kids Henry and George, I am very offended :lol:

(Lindsey, it's Edward and Daniel, how COULD you have forgotten? :wink: Glad to hear Charlie is settled at senior school - geeks are definitely the coolest 8) - and that those nasty tonsils have gone.)

Thanks for the medicine tips everyone, will invest in some pate :D
Julie and Aero xx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 10 Jan 2014, 13:25

I do find the thing with Rig is so long as he gets enough exercise and keeps away from E numbers he's lovely, but unfortunately the last few days I haven't been able to walk him as far because of the cfs but today he's getting a run with his buddy Aero so that'll sort him :D :lol:
ImageImage

Zetti Doodle

Post by Zetti Doodle » 10 Jan 2014, 14:16

Hey, can totally sympathise with your situation Julie as Zetti would be exactly the same as Aero if/when he has to take any medication - in our case we definitely have one very Poodle-y Dood when it comes to eating habits - although like Lindsey's Alfie, he could consume as many socks, bras and assorted toys as the next greedy Dood, lol :lol: In fact he was sick in the back of the car last week - good job it's a Landy with thick, washable rubber mats, lol - and (sorry to gross out anyone having lunch!) it consisted of masses of greeny/yellow Kong tennis ball fluff :mrgreen:

Raffi, otoh, is a different kettle of fish altogether - first attempt at administering her meds this morning (she was neutered yesterday) was no prob at all. Admittedly it was in liquid form, sprinkled over her meal, but nonetheless I reckon if she had to take a whole bottle of capsules she'd not bat an eyelid :roll: She just lurves her food and would be so intent on gobbling it up she'd be oblivious to what was lurking inside - btw, loving the scotch egg idea :wink:

Lindsey - great to hear you guys are all ok, btw :D
Mimi, Rossetti and Raphaella, the Spanish Water Dog x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 10 Jan 2014, 17:25

julieju wrote:
Jasper wrote:Sorry for your getting your name wrong Julie, embarrassingly, that happens in my "real" life too!!! :roll: :roll:

Jasper and Jo
xx
Honestly, you're calling me Helen, Lindsey's calling my kids Henry and George, I am very offended :lol:

(Lindsey, it's Edward and Daniel, how COULD you have forgotten? :wink: Glad to hear Charlie is settled at senior school - geeks are definitely the coolest 8) - and that those nasty tonsils have gone.)

Thanks for the medicine tips everyone, will invest in some pate :D
Oh god the bloody shame........ I am officially rubbish - sorry Helen!! :wink:

Anyways, I hope EDWARD and DANIEL are both well Julie. I am now going to hang my head in shame and lock myself in Alfie's cage.... 8)

Xxxxxxxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 10 Jan 2014, 17:27

Lindsey - great to hear you guys are all ok, btw :D[/quote]

Thanks Mimi. Hope all is well with your brood xxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 10 Jan 2014, 22:00

Ha ha ......perhaps it's the colours although they do say that dogs only see in muted shades :wink:

BEEEEROCK I've always had good luck jamming it into the back of the dog's mouth, clamping the mouth shut and blowing in the nose. But hiding pills in food works pretty well too!

My other half does the same but he holds the mouth shut and massages his throat, it works and Vince has gotten used to it now.
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

julieju

Post by julieju » 10 Jan 2014, 22:19

Alfieandlindsey wrote:Anyways, I hope EDWARD and DANIEL are both well Julie. I am now going to hang my head in shame and lock myself in Alfie's cage.... 8)

Xxxxxxxx
Well, quite. I hope you and Jo have both crated yourselves for a few minutes to think about your mistakes.

Vincento - you've brought back a memory, my dad used to do the throat stroking thing on our border collie when she needed medicine, always worked a treat.

By the way Michala, love the idea of your doods all lining up, hoping they'll be the one to get the 'sweet'! Bless them :D
Julie and Aero xx