Serene Dood???????

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Clair&Bob

Serene Dood???????

Post by Clair&Bob » 24 Jan 2014, 20:55

I know I don't post very often but I read all the threads - sorry folks lack of time :oops: :oops:

I can't help but feeling that Bob is either senile or very gay!!!

I love reading all the stories of 'naughty' doods but I feel that I've either been short changed on the dood trait or I'm very lucky!

Bob is so laid back it's scary. He's a big boy 4 now so past all the adolescence stage but even when he was 'that age' he was a dream.

He's lying on the sofa behind me as I type (as he does most of the day as I work from home) very happy with his lot. My boys (15 and 6) adore him and he them and he never gets into mischief! I know it seems hard to understand given the crazy nature of the breed but he is honestly the most gentle mannered good boy on the planet.

When he was 2 and a half my hubby (works on vet equipment) brought a kitten into our lives and I was very worried - what if he didn't like her?? They are best friends and sleep together in the same bed! My sister summed it up when I voiced my concerns 'Clair, Bob would like Saddam Hussein!'.

Did I go wrong somewhere!!!!! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Love my boy :D :D

Clair
Clair & Bob

EstelleB

Re: Serene Dood???????

Post by EstelleB » 24 Jan 2014, 21:08

Please count your blessings! I have spent the past hour shouting at Tia and retrieving things that she has stolen and I'm exhausted! She is 6 months tomorrow and I think we have hit the teenage years because she is being a total pain.

Bob is gorgeous, enjoy it!
ImageImage

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 24 Jan 2014, 21:09

Clair&Bob wrote:Did I go wrong somewhere!!!!! :lol: :roll: :lol:
Not so far... I'd suggest though, that you refrain from clueing Bob into the fact that he could be getting away with much, MUCH more...

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Jan 2014, 21:31

Lol - I have a doodle like that too! Poppy seemed to arrive ready trained. In puppy school she watched all the other dogs and then did everything right first time. SHe is quiet, cuddly, obedient and calm. Obviously she isn't perfect as she has her little chase problem, but apart from that I can't fault her!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 24 Jan 2014, 21:31

I have a serene dood...
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

canteron

Post by canteron » 24 Jan 2014, 21:56

Please feel free to borrow my Lola if you want the full on Doodle experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I speak she is sleeping like a pure innocent angel (in my husbands chair) but funnily enough there is a trail of destrunction throughout the house.

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 24 Jan 2014, 22:17

Ahhh it must be so nice. :mrgreen: We were just saying tonight that we think Kip's settled down a lot now and the good times certainly outweigh the naughty ones... we've waited nearly 4 years for a calmer dood!

michala

Post by michala » 25 Jan 2014, 00:16

My three I would class as serene from the moment they arrived as tiny pups through adulthood. Easy dogs, mellow, meek, rug like is how I describe their temperaments.

However, out of the house Petal is a demon and has a personality transplant if she sees a ball. Cosmic is a thief and has a habit of barking at strange men. Outdoors only Princess Pixe is serene. She walks between hubby and me as happy as can be off lead, but close!

I still think its because they have no working lines, retriever or Labrador.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 25 Jan 2014, 00:29

4 YEARS!!!!!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 25 Jan 2014, 11:07

Phoebe is a laid back, patient, good girl. Her lab mum was similar, so perhaps it's all in the genes. Although, I have to say, you should take some credit - you've obviously brought her up properly with no stress, security and love - that's all they really need to be "good" (Once they get out of puppy stage, that is. :lol: )

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 25 Jan 2014, 11:46

Poppy dood has also been a joy to have as part of our family. We have had a couple in instances of black pudding butty stealing, hubbies fault, but other then that nothing, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am typing quietly in case she cottons on! and I must admit I do not allow her to read most of the posts on this site as she may realise what she is missing out on :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Gracie's mums

Post by Gracie's mums » 25 Jan 2014, 12:07

I'm with Estelleb, most of our evenings are spent controlling Gracie's witching hour and an exercise in damage limitation with all her counter surfing and general craziness!

Well done Bob, you sound like a wonderful dood!

Becky
Gracie, Becky and Laura

ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 25 Jan 2014, 12:22

Paddy is exactly the same and was from day 1. Often people say what a great job I've done in training him and, yes, I did put effort in but I know really that he is just a gentle soul. I worry that if we ever got another dog my cover would be blown as I'd get a nutty pup and would be the complete opposite of Paddy.

Even when we play with him indoors and I try to get a bit rough he knows his limits and he won't go overly mad - it's actually so sweet. He's a different lad on a walk but I've noticed recently that he often ignores other dogs invitations to play and is happy trotting alongside sometimes wandering off to sniff or chase something but he always comes back.

I worried he was bored, unhappy, ill especially after reading about all the other doods' antics on here and sometimes wished for a crazier dog but I love him to bits and wouldn't change an inch of him inside or out.
ImageImage

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 25 Jan 2014, 19:58

Doodle Dee wrote:4 YEARS!!!!!

Yes Dee FOUR YEARS but... I do think with an experienced doodle owner he would've settled down a lot earlier. He started calming down noticeably at about 2 but was still ridiculous. Then its been a steady calming as time's gone on.

And when I say I'm jealous of people with serene doods, I really mean it with all my heart :oops: :lol:

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 25 Jan 2014, 23:01

I'm glad to hear that there are some not so crazy doods! Rig has his moments, but he is a good boy and I'm in no doubt that we got off light, to this point! I've been waiting for the crazyness to hit! I too think if we ever have another pup, we will get a demon just to balance it out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please note. I have put 'to this point' in the hope that I haven't jinxed myself! :lol: :D
ImageImage