Licking!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Gracie's mums

Re: Licking!

Post by Gracie's mums » 20 Feb 2014, 07:36

Hey

Licking most definately a sign of submission, similar to pups when they lick faces.

I used to work with 'dangerous' dogs attempting to prevent them being PTS, and after being in a house with a GSD who is not intending on letting you leave, give me a licker any day! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Becky xx
Gracie, Becky and Laura

ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 20 Feb 2014, 08:17

Bella is a definite licker! Especially feet! :shock: Trouble is at the moment, she's finding it very difficult with a huge, great cone on her head! :lol:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 20 Feb 2014, 08:30

Scooby is always locking our hands face and feet. And in my opinion it's affection. She does not have one aggressive bone in her body!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 20 Feb 2014, 12:28

It's affection, no doubt at all. If we're having a cuddle and I say "give me a kiss", Phoebe licks me and you can tell by her body language it's definitely not dominance. Sometimes she licks me of her own accord and I always praise her with "nice kisses".

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 20 Feb 2014, 13:17

One of mine kisses the other doesn't!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ally doodle

Post by Ally doodle » 20 Feb 2014, 13:27

I would agree with everybody else it's a submissive sign and I take it as a sign of love :D

hockborn

Post by hockborn » 20 Feb 2014, 13:49

Hi there

I think what it all comes down to is personal choice. I taught both my Labradoodles not to lick as my children were younger and when all their friends touched them they would sit and love all the affection but would not lick at all even if you put your hands to their mouths which really helped with those who were wary of dogs. Louis the goldendoodle on the other hand is a different story!!!!! He will not lick me at all - great!!! BUT he licks for England on everyone else!!!!!!! I cannot think why you were told it was a dominant thing. If you are happy and content and so is your dood that is all that matters. all 3 of my doods take it in turns to sit on my lap and have snuggles and cuddles and Louis loves huge tight squeezes. when they are over 30kilos each it can be a bit heavy!!!!!! This is a problem!! :lol: :lol:

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 20 Feb 2014, 16:40

Dexter doesnt lick or kiss,the only time he licked was johns moms hand very gently when we used to visit,and that was because she was old and frail ,he can be gentle at times.I went down my friends house the other nite and she as a female bull terrier he was licking my fingers and giving kisses was a bit much for me ,so affeconate.Maybe it was cause she was female.
ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 20 Feb 2014, 18:29

Stout is a licker. He licks me more than Chris. His favourite is when he gets on the bed for a morning cuddle, he pins you down in the duvet and gives you a big slobbery kiss :lol: , quite a good way of getting me out of bed. He is more sneaky with Chris and waits until he stretches, usually with the eyes closed, then Stout goes in for the lick.

Stout also licks feet - he is a fan of cheese :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

oakesr

Post by oakesr » 20 Feb 2014, 22:35

Roma is a terrible licker, I really want to deter it as I don't want dog spit on me all the time! I think the walking away if they start licking is a good tip; gonna try that one.
Rachel & Roma