Poppy and the Malamute puppy!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Jay128

Poppy and the Malamute puppy!

Post by Jay128 » 07 Apr 2014, 17:42

Well the son has gone away for the weekend, he did need a break and to see his mates, and guess who's left with the puppy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yes he's cute, a fluff ball,
Yes he's so small and lovely, but, he's a poo and wee machine :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think I appreciate Poppy even more now, she was clean and dry through the night after the first night, she was clean and dry in the house after about 10-14 days, she never chewed anything she shouldn't and was a delight :D :D :D

This little thing is a sh.....ting pooing machine who doesn't care where or when he goes, He wants to eat my skirting board and my shoes and insists on trying to climb the stairs :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hubby came home from work and commented on how Poppy is loving playing mum and that we shouldn't rush out and get another doodle puppy but!
But! But!, Has he got a death wish. After today I never want another puppy in this house, he, the puppy not the hubby, is driving me nuts!

Hubby has not been stuck at home all day cleaning up after the pooball!

Another doodle, I say only if we can have another Poppy doodle angel!

This said I changed pooballs sleeping arrangements last night and he was clean and dry, so it can be done. Son is in need of a few ideas me thinks!

Son is home tonight and pooball returns to him, phew!

Please feel free to remind me of this post if hubby starts to sway me, in fact it's a must, if I even mention the word doodle puppy verbally batter me please!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have to agree with hubby though Poppy is loving it, thank God she's already spayed!
ImageImage

suebedo

Re: Poppy and the Malamute puppy!

Post by suebedo » 07 Apr 2014, 18:10

Batter stored and ready :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

swardie

Post by swardie » 07 Apr 2014, 18:46

House training's a tricky business, so is chewing inappropriate stuff etc. some of us are lucky, some aren't . Our Dex has been a wee star, not perfect by any means, but we've been consistent with our training, and it's paying off- I'm just laughing at him at the mo, chasing shadows, as the sun is streaming in through the patio doors, and he's never seen that, being only 5 months, and we have so much darkness up here!! And he's only this week been big enough to jump up on the sofas, so am allowing that. I think, tho ' that I would hate it if a puppy tried to chew skirting boards etc. x

Zetti Doodle

Post by Zetti Doodle » 07 Apr 2014, 20:07

I feel your pain :(

Like your Poppy, we were very lucky with Rossetti - he was clean at night from the first week and rarely had an accident indoors (despite it being the terrible wet *Summer* of 2012 and the fact we struggled to get him into the garden as we spent six months knee-deep in building an extension with diggers everywhere) plus he only ever chewed one thing he shouldn't - but Raphaella has been a different story altogether :roll:

Now just nine months, she still occasionally can't hold on through the night - not helped I guess by the fact Zetti was crated but now they both have the run of the kitchen whilst we're in bed - and as for chewing......well, if I didn't love her to bits I could cheerfully strangle her for single-pawedly doing her best to destroy the very nice kitchen sofa :evil:

Still, she's our baby......otoh, if she was someone else's - I'd definitely be having stern words with DS if I were you! At least he's not lumbered you with the puppy from hell for a fortnight :lol:
Mimi, Rossetti and Raphaella, the Spanish Water Dog x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 07 Apr 2014, 20:14

I thought he had a German Shephard? have I missed something xxx
ImageImage

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 07 Apr 2014, 21:11

He does have a GS who is getting on in years and has at one point lived with three dogs. When girlfriend dumped him she took her dog and the one they had bought together because although he had paid for it she had signed all the papers so he didn't feel he had a leg to stand on. We bought Jess for him, a rescue a few years ago. Jess has missed the company and he wanted another. The puppy was bred by a friend of his and was already sold to a young man who bought it for his partner, she went mad and said no way so he sold the little chap very cheaply to my son. His friend, the breeder put them in touch because she knows my son has always wanted a malamute but has never been able to afford one and loves his dogs. The young man loved the pup already and wanted someone who would look after him well so let son have him cheaper than any other offers he'd had.

Son is recovering slowly after his last year but is on the mend and is now looking for a car and driving lessons just so he can take his dogs to the beach. He is thoroughly enjoying having a pup, we have usually had older rescue dogs and Jess the GS was a year when we got her, and at home the pup is learning boundaries well but I think a different place has thrown him a bit. He is beautiful and is keeping Poppy on her toes but at the moment she can get the upper hand, this won't last long as he will be a big chap! When she has had enough she turns him on his back and locks him onto the floor and will grump him when he won't leave the beard alone, hers not mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I type they are wrestling around the lounge floor making noises as if they are going to kill each other, they take a break, look at each other and then one of them pounces and it starts all over again. Lovely to see but if they were together all the time would this ever stop, what do your doodle pair do?
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 07 Apr 2014, 22:11

when I had my affenpinscher - my friend and I would look after each other's dogs. - she had a standard poodle, so theoretically Alfie was the size of the poodles head (a little exaggeration) anyway like Poppy and the pup, they didn't stop playing - all the time it never stopped. They too would rest for a while and then start again.

I am not quite sure how Lulu will be with my daughters new puppy - am going to have to play that one by ear :lol: :lol:
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

doodleted

Post by doodleted » 08 Apr 2014, 09:48

I understand all of what you are experiencing.
Our son has two dogs and our younger daughter has one.
We are regularly talked into dog sitting. Its usually bedlem and a relief when they go home. At least they do go home haha.
Ted doodle

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 08 Apr 2014, 12:26

The Malamute Pup has gone home, now just to clean my floors and disinfect the house. Despite having a mop and bucket to hand to mop up the dribbles and piles it still feels mucky. Poppy is now fast asleep surrounded by her toys. She is sleeping peacefully knowing she won't be jumped on, have a tug on the beard or a pull of the tail, she is more relaxed than I have seen her all weekend.
If hubby wants a puppy, at this point, he can move out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage