Does anyone want an AustinDoodle? Does NOT recall DOES pull

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
AustinsMumma

Does anyone want an AustinDoodle? Does NOT recall DOES pull

Post by AustinsMumma » 19 Apr 2014, 18:47

Hullo all from sunny(ish at times) Cardigan Bay, Wales!! :o

Our unit is all up...

Auz was behaving on his tie-out cable and being a good boy...

So we took him to the beach today! :mrgreen: First time, woohooooo, here we go! :D :roll:

He was so so excited! And then we let him off. Joy. And in he waded. He loved it.
Here is Austin's first foot in the sea!!

Oh yes.. a joyous fun occasion folks!
... He was like this glorious picture for approx ten minutes... then he ran away along the beach after 2 black labs that he initially played with :-| Wanted to go with them instead :roll: We did get him back twice thinking, well he's never done this before... oh here he is good boy.. fetch it etc... then he buggered off AGAIN!
He didn't give a s**t where he was, who he was, who I was, who daddy was... It was like a psychotic excited switch went off in his brain >:-| He ran really far!! :oops: :shock:

*Usually good recall - Non existent. *Recollection that he had a family - Nope.
He only stopped when one of the dogs got peeeed off with him and dropped him to the floor and attacked him
But even then he didn't run back to me!
*After the battering from dog suddenly remembers dearest Mumma?? - ... Nope.

So then, queue the overweight 40 year old woman (that's me by the way) running along a beach trying to retrieve him from the crying corner he was in :( I crapped myself!
So then it was a 'pully on lead' walk for the remaining miles of coastline. No swimming no running no fun. All he wanted to do was run off after the sea, other dogs having fun, beach balls, tennis balls, sticks, people, birds.....
Phew. What a terrible first seaside trip :?
I guess it was a bit too much for him to take in at once. Oh well, will try somewhere else tomorrow.
I can't stay mad at this lol...

J xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Benben

Re: Does anyone want an AustinDoodle? Does NOT recall DOES p

Post by Benben » 19 Apr 2014, 19:20

You can't stay mad at him, no. Look at that smile!

I'm sure it's just a huge sensory overload: so much that's new and exciting and a whole world of new friends!
Ursa: born 28.10.13

ImageImage

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 19 Apr 2014, 20:20

I'll have him Austins mumma
He's gorgeous and my girls could flirt and play with him all day
When can I pick him up then ????? :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 19 Apr 2014, 20:25

It was all too too exciting! Beach! Holiday! Yay!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 19 Apr 2014, 20:57

Haha I know, too much in a 10 minute burst, and it fried his junior brain! :?
Let's see what his recall is like again tomorrow in a hopefully quieter spot
Hope it's not gone all together! :shock:

He's good as gold now, has been since we got back
Had a bbq and now he's asleep on the caravan floor, sparko
Should bluddy be after his marathon earlier!!! :lol: :|

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 19 Apr 2014, 21:04

Yay! Austin is enjoying his holiday... :D
The sea seems to send them loopy, first time! :lol:
Anne & Ianto x

lamby

Post by lamby » 19 Apr 2014, 21:51

oh Austin's Mummy there's obviously middle aged women all over the beaches of the UK doing this, as it sounds a VERY similar story to Clemmie's first trip to a 'proper' beach last Thursday!! I was to be seen (and heard by everyone but the dog) running, well blobbering!! along the beach, calling in my best usually works really well recall voice and Clemmie also totally ignored me and trotted off after some very tall fast walking man and his two dogs, thank god he turned round and started walking back towards me, but I did have to ask him to stop walking as Clemmie ran straight past me and carried on the fun with the other two dogs!! - Luckily they were friendly but I reckon if I'd not asked the very tall man to stop walking (such big strides!!) I'd still be there now!. I did cause a small landslide to the sandstone cliffs of Isle of Wight though, I was calling so loudly and so high :shock:

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 19 Apr 2014, 22:07

Thanks for the warning now Ianto!!! :lol:

Lamby.. I just read that out loud to my OH as I felt a sisterhood kind of thing here :lol: :mrgreen:
Maybe we should start a club!? We need to boost morale! I was so embarrassed... a) by my wobbling pitiful 'running'; and b) the fact my dog thought I was lower than poo in his ranking :?

And THEN when he went on-lead he was pulling and pulling and I could hear approaching people calling their dogs back as I guess they thought he was aggressive lol :roll:

lamby

Post by lamby » 19 Apr 2014, 22:14

hee hee yes or maybe a new exercise video - doodle-ersize... :lol:

I was thinking about starting a new thread about the most embarrassing moments of your doodle life... really I've given up worrying what anyone else thinks, he's a class clown... he bounced up to every single person on the beach that day, I was so lucky everyone was dog friendly and looking like a teddy bear has it's bonuses as well!!!

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 20 Apr 2014, 10:47

lamby wrote:hee hee yes or maybe a new exercise video - doodle-ersize... :lol:

I was thinking about starting a new thread about the most embarrassing moments of your doodle life... really I've given up worrying what anyone else thinks, he's a class clown... he bounced up to every single person on the beach that day, I was so lucky everyone was dog friendly and looking like a teddy bear has it's bonuses as well!!!
I think the thread would run to a couple of hundred pages long! :lol:

Benben

Post by Benben » 20 Apr 2014, 12:23

Ursa hoovered up the remains of a family picnic last week - I took my eyes off her for a second because I'd met an old friend and she made full use of it. The woman shrieked "EXCUUUUUSE ME your dog just ate my kiddies' food"; I was incredibly apologetic and explained she still just a puppy. The woman sat with her arms crossed and said "That's all very well, but what are my kiddies going to eat now" in a moany martyred voice, which stretched credulity slightly since it was 4.30 pm (so they probably weren't actually starving and it probably wasn't in fact their main meal of the day either). She then said, loudly, "Not everyone likes dogs you know" to which I very nearly retorted "Not everyone likes kids either" (her kids were busy bullying a little one on the swings at the time). And frankly if you set out food all over a blanket in a park which is full of dogs running off the lead you might be a leeetle bit more alert to thieving hounds...

ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 20 Apr 2014, 12:57

oh benben this just made me :lol:
I read this aloud to my OH too
Feeling slightly more positive atm :o

J x

Benben

Post by Benben » 20 Apr 2014, 13:35

(I did consider asking her what proportion of chocolate her kids food contained, what with it being poisonous to dogs, but judged that the answer I might receive might not be the most helpful and thought better of it. Ursa seems undamaged by the experience, thankfully)

ImageImage

EstelleB

Post by EstelleB » 20 Apr 2014, 14:20

Great to hear about Austin's antics again. We can't wait to take Tia on her first camping trip, and first trip to the sea. She has still not been swimming so it might be very interesting!
ImageImage

hockborn

Post by hockborn » 20 Apr 2014, 18:05

I have the 3 doods to contend with on the beach. One will poo in the bloody sea, one will do a mountain goat impression and climb over 50 foot up the cliff faces and Louis will happily follow anyone and everyone. They actually run off really far in front of me with each other but I just turn and walk the other way. They look and know when I am going away and they actually all come back. When they do come back I don't try to catch them or touch them just treat or say a few word of praise or just ignore. they then know you will not end their fun if they return!! I know it is hard but the more panic in your voice the more they will stay away. Wait until he gets really tired, and he will running and running, and then he should come back to you and stick near. mine love sticks being thrown into the sea and retrieving them. And yes they have hovered up other peoples food so I take 'apology' money with me to the beach!!!!!!!! alo take high value treats . other dogs will also come over to you which will bring him back!!good luck tomorrow