Top ten embarassing doodle moments!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
lamby

Top ten embarassing doodle moments!

Post by lamby » 21 Apr 2014, 20:06

I've had a couple of corkers and wanting to be amused and not so alone in my shame, wondered if others had too!

Number 1 - took Clemmie to the local park on a very busy Saturday, let him off the lead (big mistake) he latched onto a big old fat Labrador with a similar owner, neither of which paid us any attention at all, even though they led us a merry dance around the park, and eventually straight into the MEN'S LOOS!!!! the man, the dog and my blasted puppy, which I then had to try to retrieve whilst averting my eyes, I think I used the phrase 'can I have my puppy back please?' :oops:

Number 2 - (can it get any worse???) I got into the 'extendable lead tangle' with another dog owner out for a walk along the beach with his girlfriend/wife, and as I was going in for the pass the lead under his lead, promptly put his arms, BOTH arms round my waist from behind in order to pass his dog lead from one hand to the other - never been so surprised in all my life!!!! :shock: My sister promptly fell about laughing as he and I went completely red, and I said something like 'um, nice to um meet you!!!!' :lol:

So now go on share if you dare!!!

Ianto!

Re: Top ten embarassing doodle moments!

Post by Ianto! » 21 Apr 2014, 20:49

Oh, so many...
Off the top of my head and staying with the Gents toilets theme... I tried Recall in front of the class at our local training group. Calling, calling, calling, I progressed up the hall and finally, in desperation, disappeared into the Gents toilets. Ianto then came running, and the rest of the class collapsed into giggles... :roll:
Anne & Ianto x

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Apr 2014, 21:40

There was the time we were doing an agility demo at a fete, I lined Daisy up before the first jump, told her to "wait" and went forward a couple of jumps ready to start. I turned round to call her and she'd gone! Much to the amusement of the crowd she'd legged it out of the area and was careering round the stalls! :oops: :oops:

Then there was her obedience demo, where all the dogs were lined up along the arena edge, a plate of ham was placed in the middle and we all recalled our dogs past the ham. No - Daisy didn't sneak a bite - she did the exercise perfectly :D . No - Daisy waited until they were all sitting nicely and the instructor explained what our next demo was going to be, and THEN she nipped out of the line, grabbed the ham and ran back to her place! :lol: :lol:

But the REALLY REALLY embarassing moment was when Poppy was doing a dance demo at a fete, I flicked my wrist to give her the hand signal for twist - something we have done a million times, and she flinched :shock: Exactly as if I beat her everyday :shock: :shock: The whole crowd must have thought I used force to train her :( :oops: :oops:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

labradoodlelindsey

Post by labradoodlelindsey » 21 Apr 2014, 21:54

I was sat outside Costa waiting for my husband to return with a well earned coffee. It was on our high street on a busy Saturday morning. I thought it would be a good idea to tie both somer an diesel to my chair. What wasn't a good idea was to tie them both to the same side. Past walked what my two thought was an interesting looking friend. They both jumped up pulling the chair with me in it over. My pride and my hip were very bruised :oops:

donkeydoodlelulu

Post by donkeydoodlelulu » 21 Apr 2014, 22:08

Was in Bangor with hubby son and doodles inspecting Bangor uni law school. We went into Bangor and Woody had an explosion of unpickable up pooh - like a lake - right in the doorway of a shop door with the shop owner looking on. God it was embarrassing. :shock:
Alison, Lulu and Woody x

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 21 Apr 2014, 22:36

lamby wrote:...straight into the MEN'S LOOS!!!! the man, the dog and my blasted puppy, which I then had to try to retrieve whilst averting my eyes, I think I used the phrase 'can I have my puppy back please?' :oops:
I think that might have been George Michael's favourite line... 8) :lol:

swardie

Post by swardie » 22 Apr 2014, 07:03

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 22 Apr 2014, 09:43

It happened yesterday took dexter up a park with my friend little doodle ,the was loads of space on field .Then all of a sudden dexter ran right across the field to a family having a picnic with two little dogs on lead.Went running over dexter standing in middle of them sandwiches in the hands in the air,i said sorry and asked if he had eat any of there food ,he was by the little terier ,so dont now if he went for dog or food,they were fine but i was very embarising.
ImageImage

Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom » 22 Apr 2014, 11:21

Sounds like allot of fun I would have love to have seen Daisy nic the ham and then go right back to what she was supposed to do. What a smart girl. Lol and boy do with I feel for you having to walk in the mens loo. I can just picture it trying not to look while trying to find your dog. I bet that was embarassing. :lol:

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 22 Apr 2014, 11:24

God... where do you start?!!!!?? :roll:
He is forever stealing: kids footballs, mens golf balls, tennis balls AS people are playing on the courts in our local park.. and on and on.....

On summer Sundays there is an adult football league that plays in the park. In more my naive days when he was younger I used to walk him quite near the pitch on the way home. I don't any more :roll: This particular day he spotted the ball (match mid-flow), ran into the middle of the pitch, got the ball and carried it off :oops: :evil: I was so embarrassed, and was worried as I know how attached men are to this 'sport'! But in the end it was quite sweet... loads of men in shorts and football boots galloping around the pitch after Auz, waving their arms in the air shouting "Auussssteeeeennn.... Auussstiiiinnnnn... heereeeeeeeeee"! :lol: Bless them all! He had a great time, and was knackered when we got home. We got the ball back. Eventually.

He once knicked a sandwich from a toddlers hand as he was sat in his pushchair eating it :oops: It all went in slow motion. Luckily the babies Mother was understanding. She actually blamed the child for 'not eating it fast enough' :lol: :|

Oh, and the great moment this past weekend on holiday in Wales when he buggered off from the beach after 2 black labs, one of them got p***ed off with him and attacked him, and STILL he wouldn't come back to me. I am middle aged, wobbly and I had to 'RUN' along a busy beach whilst people STARED at me, probably thinking 'Look at that fat woman, fast walking after her crappily behaved dog. She needs to train that hound' :cry: :o

He has also done the usual licking peoples faces whilst they are having a nice sit on the grass, sniffing crotches and the great one of pooing TWICE in half an hour on the green carpets in Go Outdoors :mrgreen: :roll:

Should have got a hamster :lol: :lol: J xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Curious George

Post by Curious George » 22 Apr 2014, 11:29

We were walking the other day, usually George walks well on lead for his age. As we went round the corner there was another man and his dog. George got over excited wanting to meet them, he span right around my legs and bolted forward. With the lead tying my legs together he pulled me over and I fell bum first into a muddy puddle whilst George escaped happy to play with the other dog… embarrassing...
Rhea & George

ImageImage

Martina daly

Post by Martina daly » 22 Apr 2014, 12:16

My OH takes Ozzy to our local forest park everyday and it's always very quiet and very dog friendly as most dogs are off lead.Ozzy was off on one of his dashes along the paths,when Mike came around a blind corner,there was our pup becoming a dog with a GR.All he could do was wait until the deed was done,and off course every walker in a 5mile radius passed by,Mike reckoned someone was selling tickets.When the GR owner appeared luckily a man he didn't realise his dog was in heat and wanted to know if they were nearly finished as he had to go back to work. Thank god It wasn't me who walked Ozzy that day

Bid

Post by Bid » 22 Apr 2014, 13:15

AustinsMumma wrote:... and the great one of pooing TWICE in half an hour on the green carpets in Go Outdoors :mrgreen: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Roodlepippin

Post by Roodlepippin » 22 Apr 2014, 17:41

Mine was last week when some idiotic pair brought a bitch in season to Mill Bay beach in Devon. We were just sitting, playing ball, having a nice time in the sea with grandma, kids and doodle when they turned up and thought it was really funny that Woody (who is booked to be neutered on Friday) wouldn't leave her alone. "Oooh, imagine what the puppies would be like..." etc etc.

I got mightily hacked off having to walk the length of the beach to retrieve him every ten minutes when he remembered she was there (or they thoughtfully walked her past us yet again). So when he weed / scent marked ALL OVER their picnic hamper :shock: , I first nearly died of embarrassment and then thought it bloody well served them right. :mrgreen:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 22 Apr 2014, 23:21

Well done, Woody! Revenge is swe-et... :lol:
Anne & Ianto x