Calling all bitches

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
DiSet

Re: Calling all bitches

Post by DiSet » 25 Apr 2014, 21:08

Bid wrote: her trail of promise
I like the way you've phrased that Bid - how delicately put :D (Did make me think of the skunk and the cat cartoon though) :lol:

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 26 Apr 2014, 15:42

I DEFO think all the dogs in my area are coming into season in these past 2 weeks! :lol: :|
Just got back from another dog walk and AGAIN there was a bitch in season (public park)
We were on a bit of waste land just behind the park having a nice ball game and then.... BOOM.. Auz shot off, down the path and back into the park and... lo and behold a female Labrador was stood there and Auz was having a nice time :? Luckily I (middle aged running blob woman) got there before the 'serious' business occurred! The owners (man, woman and child) were all stood there, looking on, arms reach away. God knows what they were thinking about.. :shock:
When I pulled him back and spoke to them they eventually said.. "Oh, she's just come into season". I helpfully said yes I can really see that, I will have to put him on his lead now and take him home as he will run for miles to get back to her :cry: At which point they said oh really & continued on their jolly walk

Oh well could have been worse, their could have been PUPPIES!!!, and thank GOD for the heavy duty flexi lead I purchased this week it has been a godsend! I would have felt guilty leading him back home his original short walking lead.

I really don't know if he's just got the 'nose' for it now or if the dogs are genuinely synchronising with each other round here!!? :shock: :mrgreen:
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 26 Apr 2014, 16:18

Hi Jo,
Well, Austin's at the right age for his hormones to kick in... I don't know, but I think responsibility has to be 50/50 re: dogs and bitches (bit like sons and daughters really... :roll: ) I can't imagine why they weren't thinking to protect their bitch, but I guess you have to always be aware too, if you have an intact male.
Might be a good thing if they have all synchronised - get it all out of the way in one go!! :lol: (Fat chance, btw... )
Anne & Ianto x

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 26 Apr 2014, 19:36

Seems too be quite an emotive subject!

It also isn't fair for boys to be driven wild because a girl has been out walking sometime during the day leaving her trail of promise all over the place. It's only for a short while every 6 months or so, and it's not much to ask that they are kept at home. In some ways it's worse when they have been and gone, since if you see a dog on a lead you put your own dog on a lead, but when a bitch in season has been walking there is no warning - your dog just gets the scent!

Oh, so sensibly put Bid!!

I am afraid I am one of those people who engage mouth before brain! (some of you may well have noticed that over the years :oops: )

And I kept my lovely Gordon Setter in when she was in "use" as my dad used to call it.