Stout meets Doug at Flyball!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
stout

Stout meets Doug at Flyball!

Post by stout » 03 May 2014, 21:55

Hi,

Following on from Siobhan's posting about Doug at his first flyball lesson, we found out that we both went to the same flyball team (at different times on a Saturday!).

So we decided to pop down early to meet up after Doug's beginners lesson and before Stout's 'mixed ability' group.

The two of them look almost identical. Stout is a bit more Stout, with his back a bit wider and less poodly, but other than that they were very similar heights and build.

Since we arrived while Doug was due to go for his last run, we asked if it was OK to film Doug (although Stout was kept well away from him to save embarrasing distractions!).

So, here is Doug bouncing his way down the Flyball course doing a good turn on the box while grabbing the ball and then running back. He did very well indeed - I think Stout was still being the class clown well into his 4th or 5th week!

http://youtu.be/EWg2bJTwPyk

The two of them had a doodle hoon around before Stout's flyball session, which he enjoyed too!

We are hoping that in a while we will be able to have a whole team of doodles once Doug is happy with the competition box. Not sure that they would post the fastest time, but I'm sure they would be the most entertaining!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

pixie's mum

Re: Stout meets Doug at Flyball!

Post by pixie's mum » 04 May 2014, 07:33

Woweee what a nice box turn!!
A lovely run by doug the doodle and great encouragement from his mum too
The happy face and tail says it all
ImageImage
ImageImage

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 05 May 2014, 06:40

I would love to try Flyball with Charlie! My friend's dog showed him how to get the ball out of the box... She watched me patiently trying to show Charlie what to do, then she came up and did it, caught the ball and put it down by me for another demo!

I love getting the doodles together. It looks as though Doug is thoroughly enjoying himself!

Doug1

Post by Doug1 » 15 May 2014, 19:10

Hi Chris

Thanks for the video - he did really well that week!

This week was a bit of a disaster. They decided we were good enough to actually let our dogs go whilst the other dog was still running back. Doug was fine when we were doing it one by one, but by introducing another dog flying towards him with a ball in his mouth, well, his attention was shot to pieces! Very funny though.

It was lovely to meet you both and of course Stouty pants, and I am pleased to report that Doug has not disgraced the Doodle reputation by behaving himself.

Look forward to seeing you again and maybe starting up that Doodle flyball team. What carnage!

Siobhan and Doug

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 15 May 2014, 20:29

Doug1 wrote: It was lovely to meet you both and of course Stouty pants, and I am pleased to report that Doug has not disgraced the Doodle reputation by behaving himself.
Wish we had a "like" button, this made me chuckle :)

Bid

Post by Bid » 15 May 2014, 20:44

:lol: :lol: Glad to hear the doodle reputation has not been tarnished with goodness!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

stout

Post by stout » 16 May 2014, 15:05

Doug1 wrote:This week was a bit of a disaster. They decided we were good enough to actually let our dogs go whilst the other dog was still running back. Doug was fine when we were doing it one by one, but by introducing another dog flying towards him with a ball in his mouth, well, his attention was shot to pieces! Very funny though.

It was lovely to meet you both and of course Stouty pants, and I am pleased to report that Doug has not disgraced the Doodle reputation by behaving himself.
There must have been something in the air. Stout took to running to get the ball, getting the ball, saw the other ball being loaded, decided that one looked a lot nicer and he would have that instead. He also chased a collie back down the run.

He has his first competition at the weekend, what could possibly go wrong :lol:

Andy said he is up for a doodle team, we just need to find two others!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Doug1

Post by Doug1 » 16 May 2014, 20:14

Calling all Doodles in the Berkshire area!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siobhan and Doug