Some positive thoughts needed please

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sharan

Re: Some positive thoughts needed please

Post by Sharan » 08 May 2014, 09:44

Just caught up with this!
So so glad Ted is on the mend - and he must be so comforted to be with his family. It'll no doubt speed up his recovery
ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 08 May 2014, 12:19

I hate reading posts about sick doodles (or any animal for that matter) and I AM SO GLAD to hear that Ted is on the mend. Huge wags, hugs, and healing vibes heading your way from me and the padster.
ImageImage

Kwalker36

Post by Kwalker36 » 08 May 2014, 13:14

Oh Jennifer, just been reading your posts, sending tons of hugs to Ted and yourselves, so glad he's home with you, sounds like he's doing really well with what he's been through bless him. Keep strong x
Rumer & Karen x

Jac

Post by Jac » 08 May 2014, 18:21

OMG !!! I've only just seen this thread - read it very quickly so I could get to the end. What a relief he is okay, you must have been so worried.

Please give Ted a big hug from me and Poppy` xxx
The Bear

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 09 May 2014, 14:03

How is Ted doing Jenny? Hoping he's getting better every day xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 10 May 2014, 06:53

Ted's doing really well Glenda. :D

Every day he's improving a little bit more, he's still very quiet but that could also be the effects of the tramadol.

I took him for a check up Thursday and the vets were pleased with his progress and we've got to go back Monday. I've only got to feed him every three hourly today and have got to slowly start adding his normal food now.

The vet seems to think that this could be related to when he swallowed the needle, he did use some medical term for it but I think it's to do with where he was trying to bring up the needle he has done something to his stomach. He's going to try and link it all together so hopefully it can all go on one insurance claim, I've so far paid out over £2700 :shock:

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 10 May 2014, 09:01

So glad teds improving and you can breathe a dough of relief.
Your vets sounds like a good un and trying to save you some money which is always helpful

A Friend of mine had a weinmaraner who had bloat and it twisted. He had to have his stomach stitched securely to prevent further problems but he never had it again and lived a lively and energetic long long life

The girls send gentle licks to ted
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lexi

Post by Lexi » 10 May 2014, 09:25

Good to hear he is recovering well, it must be such a relief. The things these doodles put us through!

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 May 2014, 10:56

Really pleased to hear that Ted continues to improve! And that you've got an understanding vet - they sound to be worth their weight... :)
When he's feeling 100% you need to have a chat with him about perhaps getting his doggy coats Pret a Porter... dressmaking is definitely not his forte.
Poor lad! I was 'away with the fairies' on Tramadol so that may indeed be why he's quiet, but that's probably a good thing whilst he convalesces. Fingers (and paws) firmly crossed that he bounces back very soon -
Anne & Ianto xx

stout

Post by stout » 10 May 2014, 22:59

Glad to hear poor little ted is doing well, long may it continue. He will be fed up of the vets, I think he has definitely had his share of visits for a while. Give him a cuddle from us
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Manda64

Post by Manda64 » 10 May 2014, 23:52

Very happy to hear that Ted has recovered so well. Hopefully not too many visits to the vets in the future! :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 11 May 2014, 07:28

Ted had another good peaceful night, I only have to feed him four hourly today and he's now having a little of his own food mixed in with no ill effects!

He almost looks like Ted again, just a slightly quieter version! (am tempted to try the tramadol on my naughty son...only kidding!)

I am really missing my walks with him, some days I don't feel like a walk but you drag yourself anyway for the sake of the dog but it's really strange just going from car to building! I'm finding myself standing in the garden with Ted trying to get some fresh air!

Back to the vets tommorow and will hopefully be able to stop the tramadol and be allowed a quiet stroll soon.

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 May 2014, 07:45

So glad he's doing well - sounds as though you and your vets have worked a minor miracle between you :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 11 May 2014, 08:19

So glad he's pulled through ok. I didn't realise he'd swallowed a needle, what a nightmare!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Willow Dood

Post by Willow Dood » 12 May 2014, 08:32

So glad Ted is making such a good recovery. It won't be long now before you can start taking those fantastic walks again. I don't know about you, but just being out there in the fresh air and countryside really lifts the spirits, no matter what the weather is like. All the very best at the vets today.
Sue and Willow xx

ImageImage