Cockapoo and Labradoodle puppies in Edinburgh?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sarajamessmith

Cockapoo and Labradoodle puppies in Edinburgh?

Post by Sarajamessmith » 16 May 2014, 11:52

Hi everyone
I live in Edinburgh and was wondering if anyone could recommend breeders of Labradoodles or Cockapoos in Edinburgh who have puppies due?
Thanks!
Sara

swardie

Re: Cockapoo and Labradoodle puppies in Edinburgh?

Post by swardie » 16 May 2014, 13:55

Hi, Sarah, I'm in Fife, and can highly recommend Lomondhills Labradoodles ( check out the website for contact no.). We got our gorgeous Dexter Dood from there in January. IMO they are very professional breeder with high standards, and very friendly, and are there to support you throughout your dogs life. They breed Australian Doods, with a fabulous lineage. If you want to PM me, I'll send you photos of our boy. X

Best wishes, Dexter and mum ( Sandie) x

Sarajamessmith

Post by Sarajamessmith » 16 May 2014, 14:32

Hi Sandie
Thanks very much for the info I will check them out although I was really hoping to find someone in Edinburgh as we don't currently have a car!
I really appreciate it though.
Sara

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 16 May 2014, 21:16

Sara,
Tora doodles breed Australian doodles, they're 18 miles west of Glasgow. I haven't had dealings with them, but there are several Tora doodles on this site.
Anne & Ianto x

Samdunn

Post by Samdunn » 16 May 2014, 21:28

Our Sam came from Galloway labradoodles, still a drive away but when we got Sam ( we drove up just before Christmas ) the breeders had arranged to drive one of the puppies to their new family, so there is probably some flexibility with regard to collection though I'd recommend seeing the home and parents of any pup you get. Sam's not an Australian labradoodle, but a fantastic medium sized adorable little thing.
Good luck with your quest
Claire

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 16 May 2014, 21:55

Tora labradoodles - superb breeder!

or

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/ Sarah - another superb breeder!

Both health test the dogs before breeding

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 16 May 2014, 23:05

Thanks Pauline :-). We have two litters at the moment (I can't get my website to update just now, need to get some help from my teenage son). We have a litter of Cockapoos and a litter of F1b Labradoodles. If you would like to know more, drop me a line at sarah@dashingdoodles.co.uk .
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

Sarajamessmith

Post by Sarajamessmith » 18 May 2014, 21:24

Hi Claire and Pauline,
Thanks very much for your helpful tips which I am busy following up!
Another question:I am wondering if anyone knows why the price of puppies varies so much? Should I be paying a certain price to guarantee a healthy and happy puppy?
Thanks!
Sara

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 18 May 2014, 21:48

Sarajamessmith wrote:Hi Claire and Pauline,
Thanks very much for your helpful tips which I am busy following up!
Another question:I am wondering if anyone knows why the price of puppies varies so much? Should I be paying a certain price to guarantee a healthy and happy puppy?
Thanks!
Sara
I think it may have something to do with whether the breeders health test the parents before they breed from them. Although it doesn't guarantee that your pup won't have an inherited condition it lessens the risk of some conditions saving you pounds in vet fees later on.
My advice would be to check that the breeder does have health checks done, it shows them to be responsible breeders concerned about the puppies & not just out to make some money with indiscriminate breeding.
Good luck - you won't regret it!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sarajamessmith

Post by Sarajamessmith » 18 May 2014, 22:37

Thanks so much Pauline-much appreciated!
So glad I joined this forum I am feeling much less in the dark now. :D

Samdunn

Post by Samdunn » 18 May 2014, 23:05

I think that Australian labradoodles are significantly more expensive than non Australian labradoodles though maybe someone can clarify this. Sam's mum is a labradoodle and dad a miniature poodle with both parents health tested, he was £650. As above the price will probably reflect parentage, good breeding etc though am sure there are many that have got rescue dogs that are wonderful pets without the price tag.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 18 May 2014, 23:09

I would also add that I'd check for info on the dogs further back in the breeding line. We found out when we picked him up that Ianto had a 'mystery' paternal grandmother, even though his father had good health check records.
Anne & Ianto x

Sarajamessmith

Post by Sarajamessmith » 18 May 2014, 23:53

Thanks so much everyone-very helpful!
Another question for anyone in the Edinburgh area:does anyone know when the porty beach doodlers meet? Someone told me about them and I gather they're on Facebook but I am not! I think it's once a month,was hoping to turn up and have a chat.
Thanks! :D

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 19 May 2014, 08:02

Hi I can find out for you, are you on Facebook?

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 19 May 2014, 12:30

There was a thread on the forum about the group:
http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=16555
The OP last visited the forum in January - it may be worth pm'ing her to make contact. HTH -
Anne & Ianto x

Edited to add: Many people have Doodle Facebook accounts for their dood, rather than using their own - perhaps that is an alternative?