Help! Need advice!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
kirstys

Help! Need advice!

Post by kirstys » 28 Jun 2014, 18:53

Hello, I'm a new prospective doodle owner, hoping to get a puppy this autumn. Doing loads of internet research on breeders etc but feeling confused. Due to small house and having two small girls, we're aiming for a miniature doodle and I'm feeling tempted by the australian doodles, despite price, for better guarantee of size and non shedding (two of family are asthmatic). However i'm a bit put off by the early neutering all australian doodle breeders carry out. Is there any one out there with personal experience (well personal as in your dog not yourself :D ) of this who could pm with advice - I have already read lots of conflicting research on the subject. Also can I ask for anyone with experience of Courtlands as a breeder to pm me, not sure I'm supposed to ask that, but I live in Devon and Monmouth is a long way to go visit. One more thing, sorry for long post, this has been brewing for a while...could anyone with good experience pm me with name of caring small breeder of miniature doodles somewhere not to far from south west. Thank you so much!

hopkinsl

Re: Help! Need advice!

Post by hopkinsl » 28 Jun 2014, 22:38

We highly recommend Davina at Courtlands. We already have Charlie 5 year old Red Miniature Australian puppy and have arranged to visit Davina next week as she has some gorgeous puppies, we are hopefully getting a chocolate medium girl this time 

Davina is very helpful and has been a great support; her dogs are beautiful natured and so good-looking. We were recommended Courtlands from my husbands work colleague who also has two courtlands dogs. It is a long journey but certainly worth it. Keep us posted xx

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 28 Jun 2014, 23:06

Oooh, are you Courtlands, too? Lola is. Maestro dad. Lily mum.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 29 Jun 2014, 08:22

We obtained our Aussie dood from Lisa minature doodles, Dixie is approx 12 kgs, not sure how high, but is non shedding, her coat is high maintenance as very curly and prone to matting so she visits groomer every couple of months (something to think of as approx £30-35 per visit.) She's a delight and very easy to train, a quiet little dog that is very gentle with everyone, she is submissive which can make her a big nervous at times but not a problem.
We adore our little girl and would recommend the breed to anyone.
Pm me if you require more info.
ImageImage

Meena

Post by Meena » 29 Jun 2014, 19:24

Hello,
Rufus is from Coutlands and I thought Davina was lovely.
Dad was Monty and Mum was Smudge.
Good luck with your little puppy once you choose one :D
Meena & Rufus

kirstys

Post by kirstys » 29 Jun 2014, 21:09

Thanks everyone for the replies, all your doodles look very gorgeous!