Bad day

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Madeleine

Bad day

Post by Madeleine » 03 Jul 2014, 18:39

A little dog that had run away from its owner this morning was killed on the lane leading up to our country park car park. The owner was frantic trying to find him but something had spooked him and all our efforts to get close to him just made him run off again. Such a shame.
Then as if that wasn't bad enough we've had to give permission to kill a bees nest in concrete under our patio, we're having a conservatory built. The builder was stung on the neck and I was concerned he'd go into analytic shock. He was fine thank goodness but it was very painful. The pest people have sprayed the nest now, shame because bees are precious.
I keep thinking about the poor dogs owner he must feel awful.
ImageImage

Helen & Rigby

Re: Bad day

Post by Helen & Rigby » 03 Jul 2014, 18:45

Oh that's so sad :cry: both bees and dog :cry:

I think that's every dog owners worst nightmare. :(

Sending a hug, and thinking of the dogs family x
ImageImage

Ally doodle

Post by Ally doodle » 03 Jul 2014, 19:41

That's awful the poor dog :( and bees of course

swardie

Post by swardie » 03 Jul 2014, 19:45

Awful, indeed!

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 03 Jul 2014, 20:02

Poor dog and owners ,we had to knock down a old shed and the was a few bees under.so my nephew got a spade and picked the dirt up and carryed them and put them under a tree in feild .A few kept flying back but never stung us and then they went,hopefully made a new nest.
ImageImage

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 03 Jul 2014, 22:06

Gosh, if that ever happens again, look up your local beekeepers in the telephone directory and give them a call - they will send someone out to get the bees and take them somewhere else!

What a woos builder - they don't sting unless bullied into it. Why would he think he'd go into anaphylactic shock if he wasn't allergic - which he can't be if he didn't, if you see what I mean.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 03 Jul 2014, 22:29

He was drilling the concrete and disturbed their nest, which I guess was the reason they stung him. He didn't know there was a nest there. He's never been stung before so it was me that was concerned that he might react.
Quite an eventful day in my life!!!!!
ImageImage